Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

Hi group,

Is anybody else here experiencing Wi-Fi/FPV connectivity issues when using the ground station function? I'm using an iPod 5th gen. It worked perfectly before I upgraded to V1.0.41 - I was getting incredible distances of 3,000+ ft w/FPV... but now I am barely able to reach/achieve distances of 500 ft away w/out losing or extremely laggy Wi-Fi/FPV connectivity.

I've also tried using an iPhone 4S which yielded the same results. I'm using a Preview Quality setting of 640x480 15 fps. I also cached the map for my flying area prior to flight.

Thanks,
Ron

Dadcat said:
Mako, you're a better flyer than me with S1 bottom position set to "Manual", but actually, middle position is ATTI without GPS. You still have altitude hold in middle switch position, right? Further evidence it's not using GPS.

I apologize, this is getting OT.

Um.. just did a little reading you are correct (and apologies x2 for being a little OT)..
So the right switch goes GPS-ATTI > Non-GPS ATTI > Manual/RTH depending on the setting.

Doono said:
1mobile.com has the new .apk file ready to install on the Epson Moverios.
Are you referring to the new app which includes the GS? I did a search on the 1Moble site and can only find the original DJI app without the new GS. Thanks

DJI PV+ - gound station test

Just tested the new ground station app. I used 2 waypoints and can report that it worked very well.

Findings, She does hover when she returns to home point and I needed to push the go home button to complete the cycle.
Fantastic technology for a small drone. This functionality used to cost a fortnue.
Tips, first set your way points and heights.
After that link your app to the phantom.
Then start the the quad and after that return to the grounf station and hit the done button which will then give you the go button. Hit that and off she goes.
(one last thing, I used the Auto take-off function) make sure she is on a good flat survace and no wind as mine fell sideways and hopped around a bit before taking off but I had a mild breeze.

The other option is to first take-off and then hit the go button to avoid auto take off. Good luck.

First flight today with waypoints and DJI Vision app. Amazing how well it flew and could watch either the track on the GS or toggle over to FPV. Here is a link to my YouTube channel and a video I shot. http://youtu.be/2Ari1h6DODI I would like to see a couple of features from the DJI ground station program like the auto geometric flight templates and also the adaptive setting so as to be able to select the heading at each waypoint but all in all a terrific app.

Anybody know how to save the video and post it to FB? I see where DJI promotes that feature but have not been able to figure it out.

AllanVB said:
Doono said:
how do you go to the map? When connected to Moverios. I thought I updated the ap thru Moverios. Not so sure now?

"How do you go to the map"? Not sure what you mean. I searched on 1mobile for DJI Vision and downloaded the file and held the cursor on it, chose install, it said it was replacing the existing one.

I'm not sure yet if I'll use the glasses for way point flying. I like the idea of my Ipad.(Be mainly LOS flying anyway)

I can confirm that it works as advertised with 3.02 and iPhone 5S :)

Avanti1963 said:
Doono said:
Are you referring to the new app which includes the GS? I did a search on the 1Moble site and can only find the original DJI app without the new GS. Thanks
Yes it's the new one with the way points. When installed and started for the first time, it goes through the features (have to keep clicking next) and it points out the way point feature. If you can't install over the top of your existing app, go to settings, apps, pick DJI Vision app and delete it. Then go and get the new one again. I think it is version 1.0.5 (Can't see that until after install in "about".)

mrfun said:
Hey - just wanted everyone to know that I'm personally responsible for getting the ground station app finally released.

Patiently waited with my Vision for almost seven months...dropped my iPad and smashed it on Monday afternoon...released the app on Tuesday morning.

You're welcome.

Thanks? Do you have AppleCare plus? $79 replacement for any reason.

Doono said:
AllanVB said:
Doono said:
how do you go to the map? When connected to Moverios. I thought I updated the ap thru Moverios. Not so sure now?

"How do you go to the map"? Not sure what you mean. I searched on 1mobile for DJI Vision and downloaded the file and held the cursor on it, chose install, it said it was replacing the existing one.

I'm not sure yet if I'll use the glasses for way point flying. I like the idea of my Ipad.(Be mainly LOS flying anyway)
I cannot get the Moverios to slide to the map. Suggestions? Thanks (btw) I did the update within Moverio by choosing update.

What is "rotation lock" on the General section of the "Settings" tab of the app? I dont recall seeing that previously?

Doono said:
Avanti1963 said:
Doono said:
Yes it's the new one with the way points. When installed and started for the first time, it goes through the features (have to keep clicking next) and it points out the way point feature. If you can't install over the top of your existing app, go to settings, apps, pick DJI Vision app and delete it. Then go and get the new one again. I think it is version 1.0.5 (Can't see that until after install in "about".)

Okay, I was able to download the new app with the GS, however, I am not able to swipe to the left to bring up the GS portion of the app. When I would try swiping to the left it would kick me back a page and I would have to choose the camera button again to get back into the app. Where you able to enter the GS section of the app? Thanks

cougar said:
You have to go to "Settings" and enable GS before you swipe.

I have enabled the GS in the settings and it still does not work. It still kicks me back a page when I try to swipe to the left. Has anyone been able to active the GS section of the app with their glasses? Thanks

Avanti1963 said:
cougar said:

I have enabled the GS in the settings and it still does not work. It still kicks me back a page when I try to swipe to the left. Has anyone been able to active the GS section of the app with their glasses? Thanks
I have exact same problem... also looking for a solution.
thanks

Got everything. Phantom vision plus, updated firmware, booster app, waypoints ready to go.
But waiting for someone else to fly waypoint first
I'm chicken

darrellkh said:
Got everything. Phantom vision plus, updated firmware, booster app, waypoints ready to go.
But waiting for someone else to fly waypoint first
I'm chicken

Huh!! Loads of people already have. Check out this entire thread.

AllanVB said:
Avanti1963 said:
cougar said:

I have exact same problem... also looking for a solution.
thanks

I have run into the same problem with the Moverio glasses. Not sure if this was the problem, but when I flew after leaving the GS option checked, I lost video after about a minute. Once I unchecked it, everything seemed normal.

One thing that might be the cause is not having 'location services' turned off, but i haven't tried that yet.

Being kicked back to menu page as well on Moverios. Looks like there is a problem with the updated app.
Edit: went to 1mobile using my Samsung S4, downloaded the app, it said version 1.0.40, no ability to turn ground station on. Then used the "look for updates" on the app and it gave me version 1.0.50 WITH the ground station option. It works.
So no Google Play Store, did the same process using the phone as I did with the Moverios, and it works on the phone but not on the Moverios.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic