Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

DJI Ground Station for Phantom 2 V and V+ Waypoints app.

DJI is releasing the Ground Station function for Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ users at 9am US East Coast Time today, June 24. This function will be available within the updated DJI Vision app for iOS and Android.

Overview
The DJI Vision app is being updated to iOS v1.0.41 and Android v1.0.50.

Major New Features
Ground Station support with:
*Planned flight missions of up to 16 custom waypoints.
*One-touch “Go Home” function.
*Flight safety protection:
**3.1 miles (5km) flight distance limit.
**Ground station is automatically disabled when the Phantom battery level falls below 30%.
**1640ft (500m) maximum flight radius from HOME point, 656ft (200m) altitude limit.

Important: Ensure that your Phantom is running the latest firmware v3.04. Download the updated app from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your phone. If the app is not immediately available on Google Play, you may download it at http://m.dji.net/djivision

Introducing Ground Station for the Phantom 2 Vision Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qajTB3g8TrU

Re: Waypoints Released

Geert said:
Yep,

It is finally there. Downloaded the app already in the app store and will test it out.

Geert.
Would love to hear about your results. I don't get to fly very often because of work.

Re: Releasing Ground Station for Phantom 2 Vision series

Ummm just to be sure? We have to give up our beloved 1.08 and move to 3 or better for this to work?

Vision App has just been updated on IOS 20 minutes ago

Vision App has just been updated on IOS 20 minutes ago. Just thought I would let you all know...

myvrodrocks said:
Ummm just to be sure? We have to give up our beloved 1.08 and move to 3 or better for this to work?

Yes

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V and V+ Waypoints app

Would be nice if someone on 1.08 could test and see if it works...I don't want to go for the 3.0!

Waiting patiently for someone here to review this before I dive into it!!

A few questions for those brave testers:

1) Do you have ANY control over the P2V+ when it is in this mode (i.e., do you have yaw control for that perfect shot)
2) Is it smooth flight or choppy?
3) When it reaches a waypoint, does it pause there or continue to the next waypoint - Do you have control over a pause or smooth transition to the next wp?

Thanks in advance!

myvrodrocks said:

I guess I simply don't understand the fuss. I have had a Vision and Vision+ and have flown 1.08 and now the most current. I don't have any noticeable flight changes with the exception of controlled rate of descent, which is actually good in someways as it protects one from crashing. I think the topic is way overblown.

(sorry, missed this thread when I started a new topic recently)

WFH today guys, and surrounded by parks. Around lunch today I'm going to take my bird out and record a flight using the new waypoint system / ground station upgrade. (assuming the weather holds up)

I'll post the (probably raw unedited) video here when done, on my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DroneVideoMN

I'm still charging my batteries but I was wonder the same thing about yaw control. The video said it has a link to a FAQ but I cannot find any. There is more info in the updated manual but not that much.

Link to my YouTube channel, will try to post something soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MikesHDVideos

No yaw control just camera tilt. Can't stop and point either. You can take pics or video.

FearOfTheDark said:
Would be nice if someone on 1.08 could test and see if it works...I don't want to go for the 3.0!
It says you have to be on the latest 3.04 firmware

Any way to get it to fly sideways or is it just forward?
Also, does it pause at waypoints, immediately go to the next, or is there a programable option?

Michigan_PI said:
Any way to get it to fly sideways or is it just forward?
Also, does it pause at waypoints, immediately go to the next, or is there a programable option?

This newly released DJI Vision app only pause at each waypoint for about 3 seconds. You can't set it otherwise. The full iPad/PC GS app does allow that but that needs the Data Link connection.

So how-to-do "get the shot you want" mentioned in the video? How to get a photo if I cannot aim the camera to the target?

AnselA said:
So how-to-do "get the shot you want" mentioned in the video? How to get a photo if I cannot aim the camera to the target?

Good point.. I was wondering the same..

MikeySoft said:
I'm still charging my batteries but I was wonder the same thing about yaw control. The video said it has a link to a FAQ but I cannot find any. There is more info in the updated manual but not that much.

Link to my YouTube channel, will try to post something soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MikesHDVideos
Ok, I did a short test flight.

First Impression, I don’t like not having control.

When I first tried YAW, It looked like it was yawing but it was just turning toward the next waypoint. I could not make it YAW as it was flying to the next waypoint or when it was hovering.

The app on my Nexus 5 also froze and the end of the mission. I had to cycle power to get the app to run again. IMO my phone screen is too small for the Ground Station. I will need some way to attach my Nexus 7 to the controller. The present attachment is too small to hold it.

Bottom line, most likely I will not use it. Hopefully they will improve the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers