Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.41

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V+ Waypoints app 1.0.4

pyrophantom said:
For the people trying this, has the app update affected the normal flying at all ?....no appfreeze....no pixilation.....no black screen ? Has it made any difference from 1.40 other than the waypoints ??

;)

For android (not sure about ios), it has fixed an existing issue where multiple people can now fly 640X480@30fps, where before this update, only a black screen displayed before the update. It doesn't seem to work for everybody, but at least a few people, including myself, can confirm that we can now fly at that resolution and fps.

pyrophantom said:
For the people trying this, has the app update affected the normal flying at all ?....no appfreeze....no pixilation.....no black screen ? Has it made any difference from 1.40 other than the waypoints ??

;)
I'm using a Galaxy GS3 and I've installed and kept up with all of the updates and I have not had any of the problems experienced by others. I also installed the FPV booster app just to get pass some interference I had in a park that is wired for public wifi.

After DJIs track record of app updates introducing problems where they didnt exist, I still haven't allowed my self the tap of the update button to have a go lol. My plus flies lovely even with the latest updates as some have already said theres do, so maybe I should take the plunge and have a go !!

:D

Hmmmm. My V+ waypoints works fine, but using my P2V and iPad, it won't work. Tells me to switch to GPS mode - S1 is all the way up, home point locked and single slow green flash after two sets of rapid greens. Tried flicking into Atti and back but nothing on the screen changes. I fancy flying the P2V using waypoints and folioing behind with the V+ to record the flight.

Any thoughts?

CBS

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
After DJIs track record of app updates introducing problems where they didnt exist, I still haven't allowed my self the tap of the update button to have a go lol. My plus flies lovely even with the latest updates as some have already said theres do, so maybe I should take the plunge and have a go !!

:D

I think you should, but it is all up to you.
Did not feel anything different in flying after the updates. The only thing I missed after 1.08 was the 7th channel feature.
Anyway, it is fun to play with the waypoints app.

Geert.

Thanks m8 yeah done it - actually since I had the booster installed my fpv has been superb and had no signal dropouts at all. Looking forward to giving it a go. Quick question about maps - I am assuming you can just set your waypoints in zoom to locate them accurately, then zoom out again to see the track you have created ?

happydays said:
Hmmmm. My V+ waypoints works fine, but using my P2V and iPad, it won't work. Tells me to switch to GPS mode - S1 is all the way up, home point locked and single slow green flash after two sets of rapid greens. Tried flicking into Atti and back but nothing on the screen changes. I fancy flying the P2V using waypoints and folioing behind with the V+ to record the flight.

Any thoughts?

CBS
Saw on another forum with the P2V, updating the camera firmware fixed this issue. Look back a few pages..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156939&page=50

Tried it today, very very nice!! Had a near miss with a tree because (as has been said before) the P2V+ takes of, hovers at ~5m and then goes to the first waypoint. So if you have your first waypoint set far away frome your take-off point, it will slowly increase altitude during its flight to the waypoint. I didn't realize that the first time I took off. So please yall set a waypoint at your take-off point at a safe altitude!

I like that it returns to the home waypoint at the altitude of the last visited waypoint. Just flip the top right switch up and down and you have control again. (Or plan another mission while hovering)

Great update!!!

From RCForums, TJ Gilbert, DJI Empire Support

Accelerometer Sensor Mode Yaw Control is not even discussed in the GS section of the manual.
If you think the user manual is confusing, it's not unusual.
Everyone seems to interpret them differently.
Trust us, all you get is pitch control (a camera function).
Yaw control is a airframe/FC function, and it is disabled during a mission...

There you have it.

Its become apparent that your FIRST WAYPOINT is set directly overhead...So No.1 is a Vertical liftoff.. (your first altitude setting)...Then your next waypoint will be from 1 to 2
.. No. 2 will be the actual first leg horizontally.

Tried it today for the first time, and except for the lack of yaw control and and rather poor onboard GPS vs iOS parity, it was very nice and uneventful. Autoland is pretty iffy, so I took control overhead, but other than that, good stuff.

Here's what I don't like, and what has already been mentioned. The Homepoint should have a selectable altitude (minimum 16 feet is fine for safety), but you should be able to set it to any altitude above that and have it persist (e.g. a preference). I'd even take functionality just like any other waypoint. It is VERY cumbersome to try to set a waypoint directly over the homepoint on a 4" screen with a minimum zoom limit. It's also very dangerous for the uninitiated to try to take off from a confined area. Smacking into an object on the outbound leg it going to be a serious problem for people who aren't paying attention.

In my case, I only needed the thing to climb about 4 ft. before flying to the first waypoint, just enough to clear the deck rail. The instructions indicate it will rise vertically 16 ft. after take-off, THEN fly to the next waypoint. I haven't had a chance to try it again and that may well be what it does. In my first try it didn't but I'm not convinced it wasn't related to a different issue like the poor job I did calibrating the compass.

Hey - just wanted everyone to know that I'm personally responsible for getting the ground station app finally released.

Patiently waited with my Vision for almost seven months...dropped my iPad and smashed it on Monday afternoon...released the app on Tuesday morning.

You're welcome.

and BTW - loaded the new app on my iPhone and still got no FPV display. So much for the app fixing that issue.

Silverminer said:
In my case, I only needed the thing to climb about 4 ft. before flying to the first waypoint, just enough to clear the deck rail. The instructions indicate it will rise vertically 16 ft. after take-off, THEN fly to the next waypoint. I haven't had a chance to try it again and that may well be what it does. In my first try it didn't but I'm not convinced it wasn't related to a different issue like the poor job I did calibrating the compass.
The barometric sensor in the Phantom sees rising temperature as an increase in altitude. There is a lot of heat generated inside the body just sitting there.

Mine always thinks it's 10 feet up after 3 minutes on the ground the first time it's powered on. If you've been messing around setting waypoints for much longer than that I wouldn't be surprised if the bird thinks it's already at 15 feet when you hit "Go". Just watch your camera screen for a few minutes on the ground at first power-on to see what I'm talking about.

Dadcat said:
The barometric sensor in the Phantom sees rising temperature as an increase in altitude. There is a lot of heat generated inside the body just sitting there.

Mine always thinks it's 10 feet up after 3 minutes on the ground the first time it's powered on. If you've been messing around setting waypoints for much longer than that I wouldn't be surprised if the bird thinks it's already at 15 feet when you hit "Go". Just watch your camera screen for a few minutes on the ground at first power-on to see what I'm talking about.

Why would the barometer be used at all in GPS mode? Barometric altitude is fairly useless without inputting a local pressure (for which there is no interface in the software), and the GPS altitude is clearly part of the data stream from the unit. Just curious as to whether you read this somewhere or you're just assuming the displayed altitude is barometrically derived in GPS mode? That just doesn't make sense to me.

varmint said:
Why would the barometer be used at all in GPS mode? Barometric altitude is fairly useless without inputting a local pressure (for which there is no interface in the software), and the GPS altitude is clearly part of the data stream from the unit. Just curious as to whether you read this somewhere or you're just assuming the displayed altitude is barometrically derived in GPS mode? That just doesn't make sense to me.
The altitude reading doesn't come from the GPS. It's set at zero when you turn on the power. The change in pressure seen by the barometric sensor is interpreted as altitude change.

Look at the camera screen as soon as you have a wifi connection. It's reporting an "altitude" well before there's a GPS lock. That altitude is assumed to be zero because it knows it's not flying. Just try what I suggested. Turn on the power and let it sit there. The Phantom's reported altitude will increase. I don't know the physics of why this happens but I figure it's related to density altitude.

(Edit) Wait a minute. Why does the Phantom show an altitude increase when it knows it's not flying?

Hey Varmint, you're close by. I could drive out and show you. I learned to fly at your local airport almost a half century ago.

Dadcat said:
varmint said:
The altitude reading doesn't come from the GPS. It's set at zero when you turn on the power. The change in pressure seen by the barometric sensor is interpreted as altitude change.

Look at the camera screen as soon as you have a wifi connection. It's reporting an "altitude" well before there's a GPS lock. That altitude is assumed to be zero because it knows it's not flying. Just try what I suggested. Turn on the power and let it sit there. The Phantom's reported altitude will increase. I don't know the physics of why this happens but I figure it's related to density altitude.

Hey Varmint, you're close by. I could drive out and show you. I learned to fly at your local airport almost a half century ago.

We need to confirm this some how.
It could be running both barometric (hardware) and GPS (software).
The reason is that the NAZA manual says the S1 middle position switch is GPS ATTI. I can only assume that the GPS ATTI assist with vertical and the S1 top position does vertical and horizontal GPS assist.
And finally, if S1 to lower manual position (in my case), the reading could be from the barometric.

I can only assume..

Mako, you're a better flyer than me with S1 bottom position set to "Manual", but actually, middle position is ATTI without GPS. You still have altitude hold in middle switch position, right? Further evidence it's not using GPS.

I apologize, this is getting OT.

Doono said:
1mobile.com has the new .apk file ready to install on the Epson Moverios.
how do you go to the map? When connected to Moverios. I thought I updated the ap thru Moverios. Not so sure now?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj