Recommended toy drones in the $150 - $200 range...

Reaction score
I'm doing some research for Christmas presents... this person (young teen) already has a Syma X5C and is ready for the next step up. Do any of you know of or recommend something in the $150 - $200 range? (Still too young for a $399 P3S and also over budget).

There appear to be a ton of toy drones in this price range but I've never heard of any of them...

Thanks so much!

Save some money and buy a better drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A Hubsan model with GPS might be nice -- like the H501S or H502S.

Last edited:
Look at the Syma X8H series. Around $100. They are the same size as phantoms, have altitude hold (that's the H designator) and have fpv. Really rugged and they fly well. If you go up into the $200 range, you're starting to get to the hump where moving up the a phantom becomes attractive. My 13 year old grandson has a smaller drone and we got him the 8 for his birthday next week. This will get him ready to start flying one of my phantoms.

A Hubsan model with GPS might be nice -- like the H501S or H502S.
Interesting. In the specs, it says if controller signal is lost for more than 3 seconds, the drone will automatically fall. This is a selling point? I'm sure this is poor translation as it actually says it will "automace" fall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna