Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

It's gonna have to do real good to out do the Conquer.
I agree but the Conquer can get a pretty thinned out signal around heavy tree cover. I really have to get pretty high sometimes. Who knows. Would love to hear what the pros and cons in comparison to the conquer.

I just made my first flight with the conquer after doing the controller mod. Man this thing is crazy. I can't say enough good things about their customer service. Owner answers the phone and makes it right.

Reactions: Sprtbkryder
Oh yeah now they know what customer service is supposed to be like for sure. And I agree about the Conquer it's a great antenna.

Reactions: WWK888
Oh yeah now they know what customer service is supposed to be like for sure. And I agree about the Conquer it's a great antenna.
Can't agree more. When I purchased the Conquer, I also ordered the whip antennas. I asked if I needed adapters and they said yes but don't worry we will include them for free. When I received my order I discovered my whip antennas kind of flopped around when connected, no amount of adjustment fixed it. I gave them a call and they said they would ship me a stabilizer at no charge. Got it a few days later, works perfectly!
IMG_0074.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wondering why we can't use both types of antennas simultaneously. Also, instead of only using an antenna attached to the controller why not erect one on top of a telescopic pole (I saw one on Amazon or ebay) to get some elevation. One of the ham operators on this forum mentioned he preferred getting a better antenna as opposed to trying to power it up and I agree. I was in field communications in the army and we used to erect antennas to get better performance than something small attached to the radio. I was thinking of getting one of these poles and putting a large spike on the bottom to press it into the ground and put an antenna on top. We have a lot of forested areas where I live and that should make a difference. The question is "what kind of antenna to use in this manner:? Thoughts anyone?? Thanks!!

I was thinking of getting one of these poles and putting a large spike on the bottom to press it into the ground and put an antenna on top. We have a lot of forested areas where I live and that should make a difference. The question is "what kind of antenna to use in this manner:? Thoughts anyone?? Thanks!!
Here's a very long but informative thread on this subject.

When I purchased the Conquer, I also ordered the whip antennas.
I'm confused. When I go to the Titan website (commandcase.com) I see no mention of a setup called "Conquer". I see products that look like the picture in your post, but they have other names such as "Switch" and "Atlas", etc. Do you have a link for the omni-directional product you bought? This could be a case of a poor website that hasn't been updated in a while. I noticed a lot of information missing, like how many watts the amplifiers are. Does anyone know?

@WWK888 can you provide side view photos of your setup? It appears the antennas go right into the RC instead of into the amp, it's a bit confusing. I'm not clear how the amplifier in your setup can route the signal to the antennas if the antennas go directly into the RC, instead of the amp. It might just be the photo, it could be the angle that makes the routing look misleading.

Last edited:
I'm confused. When I go to the Titan website (commandcase.com) I see no mention of a setup called "Conquer". I see products that look like the picture in your post, but they have other names such as "Switch" and "Atlas", etc. Do you have a link for the omni-directional product you bought? This could be a case of a poor website that hasn't been updated in a while. I noticed a lot of information missing, like how many watts the amplifiers are. Does anyone know?

@WWK888 can you provide side view photos of your setup? It appears the antennas go right into the RC instead of into the amp, it's a bit confusing. I'm not clear how the amplifier in your setup can route the signal to the antennas if the antennas go directly into the RC, instead of the amp. It might just be the photo, it could be the angle that makes the routing look misleading.
Amps and battery are inside the antenna panel in the Conquer setup, which is why it is quite heavy, unlike the DBS-02 panel. The photo above just shows a pair of omni antennas attached to the Conquer mounting bracket, with no amps or battery included.

I noticed on the Titan website that it says the Switch unit combines the capabilities of the Conquer, Atlas and Whip units. I wonder if that means it has Omni and directional characteristics at the same time??

I noticed on the Titan website that it says the Switch unit combines the capabilities of the Conquer, Atlas and Whip units. I wonder if that means it has Omni and directional characteristics at the same time??
The very nature of directional characteristics precludes omnidirectionality. That being said, the more you amplify the directional signal, the stronger the omni characteristics at close range. Having sms connectors means you can attach whichever type of antenna you need, instead of being locked into just the omni antenna that came with the RC. Windsurfers are a cheap, easy way of focusing the stock omni antenna, without any amplification.

Amps and battery are inside the antenna panel in the Conquer setup, which is why it is quite heavy, unlike the DBS-02 panel. The photo above just shows a pair of omni antennas attached to the Conquer mounting bracket, with no amps or battery included.
The confusing part is the module in the photo that's sitting between the antennas. What's the for if it's not using an amp with battery?

The confusing part is the module in the photo that's sitting between the antennas. What's the for if it's not using an amp with battery?
That’s the custom mounting bracket required to hold the heavy panel. The panel is a beast! The mounting bracket says on, even when attaching omni antennas to the sms connectors without amps and a battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl