Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

Reaction score
fd7762fe08ad9e850018ddc240acdd34.jpg
7b1eca07697288ce2c0504f105898f8f.jpg
5759592fc59fbc8067bd6d6e644498ee.jpg
971e4d530ac262a3eedd1fc1561a9d21.jpg

Hi all fellow pilots, I want to show you a very well made range extender that I'm currently using for my p4p, see attached pics, this thing is a beast and I love it, it performs great in every way from providing great penetration in clustered areas where signal can be easily interfered with and in open areas your battery is your limit. Why choose this one you might ask? Well look at it! How sexy does it look and it is very well made with the option to have the LEDs on or off, has its own built in battery so you don't need to worry about killing your RC battery and it performs well in every way, another great thing on this that I love and to note is that it is mounted on a magnetic bracket that you can attach and remove this in a matter of seconds, also the mount will be compatible with any future products to be released by the company. I had replied to a few threads really giving this unit a wrap and talking it up and a few people have purchased it, on person in particular has received the unit and posted his feedback on it and was very satisfied like myself. Before purchasing I had done a lot of research into range extenders and was considering the fpvlr maxxuav and illite ones but had heard mixed reviews and also how they can be very directional and loose signal if your not pointing it correctly, which further pushed me towards this one, it offers insane penetration which is what they promote as they don't like to advertise range results as it could be frowned upon from certain people and illegal to fly BVLOS in some countries but I can say the range is incredible, and another thing to note is the customer service they provide, the guy there will ensure anything you ask or any questions you have he will do the very best to assist you, I started a new post to raise awareness of the product as it's not well known and most of you wouldn't have heard about it, if you have any questions feel free to ask,

Also if you do purchase get the whip antennas as well as they are like the stock antenna but provide slightly better results. Best part is once you have done the mod to the controller and mounted the bracket all the items and future items will be able to attach to it. Also it takes a matter of seconds to detach the range extender and add the whip antennas. Also this will fit it the stock casing that the drone comes with and any other bags or carry case you have for the p4pro as the mount is about the same as the stock antennas are on the controller before the mod you just need to unclip the conquer- another major thing that steered me towards this and **** what a great purchase it was. Definitely best one I have made for my p4p

Any questions please ask

On a side note I'm am not affiliated with the company I'm just a very happy customer and I feel like I should share my experience with you all and if this is something your after then I'd recommend it

Also if you are considering purchasing I recommend you purchase the "whip" antennas also as they will be awesome for local flights when you don't need the extended range or penetration which are still better then the stock ones that come with the RC which can be switched over in a matter of seconds and as I said above they plan to make the future products they release all compatible with this mount

I, too, thought I would need a range extender wih the P4P, just like with the P4 and P3P. However, once I tried the "Auto 5.8Ghz" HD setting, I have realized that it is unnecessary! In heavily urban environments, at 100' AGL, my control and video range reaches well over 4 miles away (consistent with P4P specs), with NO mods. Also, flying with OA turned on, limiting your speed to 30mph, extends battery life to 24 minutes at that speed to 10% remaining. My stock flights all average over 50,000 feet. Before investing in any RC mod, first try the "Auto 5.8GHz" setting. You'll be happy you did! The hassle and weight of an external antenna are unnecessary on the P4P. :cool:

Reactions: go fast
I am planning to purchase one next month. Can't hardly wait.
Have you first tried your P4P range with the HD setting in Auto 5.8 Ghz? If so, you'll discover you won't need any range extender! :cool:

Last edited:
Here is a link to the two owners on a local tv station talking about their products, I was shown this link the other day and I was pretty happy I chose the conquer

44 on the Town | Titan Drones
I'm just puzzled why you would even need this product for the P4P. It is completely unnecessary for the P4P, which already has a 4.3 mile stock range when using the HD setting of "Auto 5.8Ghz" instead of 2.4Ghz. If you insist upon using the 2.4Ghz band on the P4P, you will need an antenna mod like this, but why would you, when the P4P already has a built in 5.8Ghz system that exceeds a 4 mile range in heavily congested urban environments? At best, this antenna will replicate the stock Auto 5.8Ghz results. On a P4, or a P3P, this is is an excellent choice, just not on the P4P, which already has a real world 4+ mile conrol range, using the Auto 5.8Ghz HD setting! What am I missing???:confused:

I'd be about willing to bet that you have not been 4 miles out with your P4P with the stock antenna.
I'll take that bet! I was, just this evening!
IMG_9579.jpg

I do use a $15 windsurfer over the stock P4P antennas, but that merely makes the FPV more stable. The stock P4P range is incredible with the correct settings! You have to use Auto 5.8Ghz. The P4P is he only other DJI aircraft to truly deliver on the promised range. The other was the P3P, which was sold with a 1.5 mile range, but delivered 3 miles easily! :cool: Now buy me a beer already! :p

This unit offer great penetration in clustered areas, where usually u would get bad signals, for example in my backyard I was getting around 800m max in 5.8 or 2.4 the max I was getting was 800m I then purchased this and I easy got to 2600m, this is where there was a lot of buildings, trees,wifi signals and interference. not only great range increase but penetration is what they promote, they actually don't promote range because it is frowned upon by many as VLOS is law in most places, if you watch the interview they have with the tv station you will hear they they actually offer and I think have contracts with several government agencies for search and rescue etc so it must be good if the agencies are jumping on board with this product, you mention range and getting 4 miles? But can you take your p4p out as far as it can go before you get a battery warning stating that you need to return home as you have just enough battery to RTH? Each to their own, but, I purchased this and it was the best purchase I have made with my p4p, personally I'm the type of person where I like to add things and customise my stuff, I have used the wind surfers and they are too directional for my liking, plus I can always take of my conquer when I don't want to go long range or if I wanted to use 5.8g I could use the whip antennas that also can be swapped over in a matter of minutes. This is just my opinion anyway each to their own, like I said I'm not affiliated with the company I have just had a very very good experience with them, they provide the best customer service experience that I have had in a very long time, helping me out with questions regarding install and anything else I had asked or questioned they helped me any way they could. If they wanted to after selling the unit to me they could just ignore and not have to deal with me since they have made their money but that's not the case with these guys. I praised their work and I did tell them that I was a very happy customer and I'll be sure to pass on the feedback. Hence me making the post. I got it sent to Australia and it came in like 4 days which is crazy fast. I wasn't sure about doing the mod to the remote and he talked me through it and assured me that it wasn't that hard and I could do it, which I did.

The price can be a bit but for what they offer it's easily justified, honestly beside the great results and performance of it, where is there a range extender that comes close to looking as neat and well presented as this? Add to the fact it still fits in the case as a regular controller which other mods don't

Also when they release new products they will all be available to mount on the modified controller and that's a big thing also, so I have done the mod once and won't have to again even if I choose to use another of their products. Attached is a pic of the whip antennas which I took recently, so I can swap between the two easy and that's what I like, he sent me the whip antennas as a act of kindness, doesn't mean he's gonna throw them in for anyone but it's those little things they done for me that really appreciate their work and products

f1681e907fd118d50ec6df53e4d4bc3e.jpg
426c7a4347027b30fa6fa6aeb4754d1c.jpg

I take it that this does use a proprietary connection means between the antenna and controller?

Well just say I wanted to use my own whip antennas would they work on there or do you have to use their antennas?

Well just say I wanted to use my own whip antennas would they work on there or do you have to use their antennas?

No I don't see why u couldn't make your own it's just a connection that goes onto the top of the modified remote and the whips connect to that connection I'm not sure of the names of them but I don't see why u couldn't do your own, but the whip antennas do provide better then the stock antennas, all in all I just like the flexibility this modification mount give you, I was also looking into a post where someone had made antennas on the top of his car and I looked into it and all I had to do was take of the conquer which is what I do anyway when I store the remote in the original case and attach the same connection that's used to attach the whip antennas then the ones for the roof of the car would attach to that, see pic below those connections clip onto controller and whips attach to that, but those same ones I can use for other extenders or in particular the car one I was referring too

06b6dcc12894add446f8a2749cb0ed3f.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers