Ready to add FPV. I could use all the advice I can get...lol

Reaction score
Happy Saturday everyone. I recently went from a toy quad to a P2 with HD-3D for my GoPro. I got it at a bargain, and after all the updates it appears to fly perfectly. So now it's time to start looking toward FPV, but I really don't know squat about it. I'm pretty good at researching info, but have to admit that FPV info is a little overwhelming. I'm on a budget. More of a budget than even the mid range kits will allow. I found a KumbaCam setup on my local Craigslist for $150, but he won't return emails. So that leaves me to looking to other options.

So my bottom line question, after all my droning on (pardon the pun...lol) is recommendations on how I step into the FPV world without draining the bank. The $150 price of the KumbaCam unit was right in my range. Right now, $200 is my max (including shipping, tax, etc). Am I going to be able to find anything in that price range that isn't a total piece of crap? I'm okay with using either my Galaxy S6 or iPad as a monitor. Yes? No?

the setup I have is an immersionrc 5.8 vtx with iosd and a boscam rx-lcd5802 for the receiver. This should be below your $200 budget. I'm using some ok antennas, a fat shark right hand circular on the bird, aomway helical and circular on the receiver. Works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie