RE500 VS RE700 P2V

I have a P2Vision with no modification except an RE700, and it works great. So I can think you will get better wifi range replacing the RE500.

phantomi said:
I have a P2Vision with no modification except an RE700, and it works great. So I can think you will get better wifi range replacing the RE500.

+1 Excellent upgrade bang for the buck wise... :D

-slinger

phantomi said:

What does the upgrade/binding process entail? I've stumbled across things that mention scanning QR codes and reinstalling the app.

Why do some sites says that the RE: 700 wont work on a phantom 2 vision? or they do not recommend it.

Okie72 said:
Why do some sites says that the RE: 700 wont work on a phantom 2 vision? or they do not recommend it.
Simple answer: They don't know what they are talking or writing about. RE-700 made a big improvement to my P2V.

You would think DJI would advertise that the RE700 works on the Vision. They would sell shed loads of them.

The only concern about this, that I think we all share, is the possibility of a future positive firmware upgrade by our friends at DJI that bricks the RE700 when used with the P2V. I'm 95% confidant that this won't happen, which is why I finally bought one. The other 5% is making me hang onto the RE500... :D

-slinger

DJI seems to be going further down the open route at the moment. They've released an SDK and seem keen for other companies to develop things to work with their products.

MonsieurAnon said:
DJI seems to be going further down the open route at the moment. They've released an SDK and seem keen for other companies to develop things to work with their products.

That, sir, would be a breath of fresh air...

Thanks...
-Gil

Thanks for all the feed back. I'm really enjoying the drone life.

My RE700 should be here by wednesday and some 9450 props on the way. Albeit Ohio got to cold for flying. I've tried to fly with winter gloves and the lack of feed back feeling made me uneasy. Any tips on cold weather flying? not sure what the drone can handle. I tend not to fly if its below 20 degrees F.

MonsieurAnon said:
There is a real, physical limit on low temperature flying. The batteries simply begin to fail.

I had a small Hubsan X4 H107D out the other day at around 25degrees F and I could only keep it in the air for around four minutes or so. I thought it might have been the battery. I tried it again with a fully charged battery and... second verse same as the first... It was the weather obviously... :roll:

gunslinger said:
I had a small Hubsan X4 H107D out the other day at around 25degrees F and I could only keep it in the air for around four minutes or so. I thought it might have been the battery. I tried it again with a fully charged battery and... second verse same as the first... It was the weather obviously... :roll:
Hey, Slinger, You should be flying that little bugger in the house. Just keep your fingers away from the props. :cool: ;)

Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:
Hey, Slinger, You should be flying that little bugger in the house. Just keep your fingers away from the props. :cool: ;)

Nasty little booger you sold me already bit me once... :oops: :D

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl