Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sign up for a weekly email of the latest drone news & information

RE500 VS RE700 P2V

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Milkman128, Dec 31, 2014.

  1. Milkman128

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I was looking at upgrading my range with the stage 2 pilot side kit.

    http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=103


    ANYWAY, assuming that this kit does work on a phantom 2 vision vanilla, does anyone know if I'd get more range by switching to an Range extender 700 then making upgrades?
    Thanks :)
     
  2. phantomi

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2014
    Messages:
    505
    Likes Received:
    63
    I have a P2Vision with no modification except an RE700, and it works great. So I can think you will get better wifi range replacing the RE500.
     
  3. gunslinger

    gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,722
    Likes Received:
    497
    Location:
    Least Coast...
    +1 Excellent upgrade bang for the buck wise... :D

    -slinger
     
  4. Milkman128

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    What does the upgrade/binding process entail? I've stumbled across things that mention scanning QR codes and reinstalling the app.
     
  5. Okie72

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    14
    Why do some sites says that the RE: 700 wont work on a phantom 2 vision? or they do not recommend it.
     
  6. Happyflyer

    Joined:
    May 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,805
    Likes Received:
    98
    Location:
    Cold, Cold, Michigan
    Simple answer: They don't know what they are talking or writing about. RE-700 made a big improvement to my P2V.
     
  7. Cyclone

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2014
    Messages:
    549
    Likes Received:
    130
    Location:
    Essex, UK
    You would think DJI would advertise that the RE700 works on the Vision. They would sell shed loads of them.
     
  8. gunslinger

    gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,722
    Likes Received:
    497
    Location:
    Least Coast...
    The only concern about this, that I think we all share, is the possibility of a future positive firmware upgrade by our friends at DJI that bricks the RE700 when used with the P2V. I'm 95% confidant that this won't happen, which is why I finally bought one. The other 5% is making me hang onto the RE500... :D

    -slinger
     
  9. MonsieurAnon

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    DJI seems to be going further down the open route at the moment. They've released an SDK and seem keen for other companies to develop things to work with their products.
     
  10. gunslinger

    gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,722
    Likes Received:
    497
    Location:
    Least Coast...
    That, sir, would be a breath of fresh air...

    Thanks...
    -Gil
     
  11. Milkman128

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for all the feed back. I'm really enjoying the drone life.

    My RE700 should be here by wednesday and some 9450 props on the way. Albeit Ohio got to cold for flying. I've tried to fly with winter gloves and the lack of feed back feeling made me uneasy. Any tips on cold weather flying? not sure what the drone can handle. I tend not to fly if its below 20 degrees F.
     
  12. MonsieurAnon

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    There is a real, physical limit on low temperature flying. The batteries simply begin to fail.
     
  13. gunslinger

    gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,722
    Likes Received:
    497
    Location:
    Least Coast...
    I had a small Hubsan X4 H107D out the other day at around 25degrees F and I could only keep it in the air for around four minutes or so. I thought it might have been the battery. I tried it again with a fully charged battery and... second verse same as the first... It was the weather obviously... :roll:
     
  14. Happyflyer

    Joined:
    May 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,805
    Likes Received:
    98
    Location:
    Cold, Cold, Michigan
    Hey, Slinger, You should be flying that little bugger in the house. Just keep your fingers away from the props. :cool: ;)
     
  15. gunslinger

    gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,722
    Likes Received:
    497
    Location:
    Least Coast...

    Nasty little booger you sold me already bit me once... :oops: :D

    -slinger