Range extenders

Excuse me? You didn't fly 11 miles away and back.

I've seen long flights like this before but not sure of what phantom it was. All of these flights have been done with battery mods. The longest flight was about your round trip but just one way and had to do a emergency landing due to battery in the open where it was recovered.
I have property where I hunt Elk in Colorado that I could do the stock distance on my P4 but haven't had the balls yet lol. Only gone 3miles out and back.

Congrats on your 11mile trip and great setup[emoji106]

How was you able to continue when it kept flashing red at you? I assume you just ignored the RTH and kept going.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How was you able to continue when it kept flashing red at you? I assume you just ignored the RTH and kept going.
that is a feature where it alerts you is called "smart rth", i disabled that so it doesn't prompt me or alert me. But, when you do get to that point where it doesnt think you have enough power, it prompts you and asks you to return to home. You can cancel, but at that point its on you. Disabling the feature in options removes that warning. It also allows you to increase your speed to 36mph in RTH mode though, if your stick is forward. Thats the other reason i use it.

that is a feature where it alerts you is called "smart rth", i disabled that so it doesn't prompt me or alert me. But, when you do get to that point where it doesnt think you have enough power, it prompts you and asks you to return to home. You can cancel, but at that point its on you. Disabling the feature in options removes that warning. It also allows you to increase your speed to 36mph in RTH mode though, if your stick is forward. Thats the other reason i use it.

Thanks I fig it was something similar to that :)

Just requested those windsurfer for a stocking gift lol

Here I'm at my property where I hunt and the furthest mtn to your left is the backside of Pikes Peak. I'm hoping I can get at least some good distance without the battery mod using those windsurfers in this valley
6ff8104240b6e658bd65b7acab2ce2a3.jpg

Reactions: klongx
I made a set out of 3" drain pipe cut in half then hot glued drilled baseplates. For the reflector I used sheetmetal foil tape. Went out i mile with no signs of signal loss. My cost was under $10
You can buy them for $8 and save your time, fit better and are probably lighter. Also, I believe they need to be a certain shape, not just round or half a circle. More like a half oval. hahaha

Olroy---Great location to fly and take video!

I fly in an area something similar to that. I'm in Oregon on the side of a mountain that overlooks our small town and can see all the way across the valley to the other side. My problem is that our little valley is surrounded by cell towers in the mountains. I was only getting about 2,000 ft with stock set up. Decided to go with the MaxxUAV ITE-DBS2.2 Range Extender and the antenna amplifier kit. It was a bit spendy, but I am trying to fly all the way across the valley to a friends house. So far I've made out to about 30k feet before having to return home. My plan is to fly the full (approximately) 45k feet and just land at his place. Then he is going to give the bird a rest, put a fresh battery in, and fly it back. Drones are so fun!!

Reactions: klongx
2 miles plenty? I feel like that's saying a car has too much horse power? It don't makes sense. Lol jk. Hell if I could I'd fly mine from east cost to west and back again

Last edited:
Last edited:
lol .. silly bird. Yes, yes i did. Here's the video to prove it. I'm pretty sure I own the world record for Phantom 3 with windsurfers. I'm not making this up, I know what I'm talking about.

You hold the record for low battery balls, that's for sure!

Reactions: Digdat0
I keep seeing DIGDAT0's name on flytrex. It's a shame he didn't have the Live 3G installed on this flight. Nonetheless, he's still in the top ten on round trip Phantom flights worldwide, even with a crummy 7.6 mile flight

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/distance/phantom-all/

And even on suicide Phantom runs worldwide

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/freestyle-distance/phantom-all/

...and the world is a pretty big place

So a lot of P3P on that list but no current P4's???
Is that because easier to do battery mods?
I have a P4 as stated and that's the only phantom I've ever had. Prices for P3P have dropped and if I was to want and reach anywhere close to that list what will be the best to do mods on P2 or P3P???

It's all in the batteries...... (dual mods, mah, match,Motor type)

Reactions: Digdat0
So a lot of P3P on that list but no current P4's???
Is that because easier to do battery mods?
I have a P4 as stated and that's the only phantom I've ever had. Prices for P3P have dropped and if I was to want and reach anywhere close to that list what will be the best to do mods on P2 or P3P???

It's because Flytrex hasn't made a tracking device for the p4 yet. And I'm not sure if they ever will at this point. From what I can tell, they've become more interested in the delivery aspect of the tracking devices and don't really care what us distance guys can get with our Phantoms. Why? I think they're looking to the future and believe that distance flying with hobbyists is not going to be around forever, whereas package delivery's future is unlimited. Just my theory.

Connector
I keep seeing DIGDAT0's name on flytrex. It's a shame he didn't have the Live 3G installed on this flight. Nonetheless, he's still in the top ten on round trip Phantom flights worldwide, even with a crummy 7.6 mile flight

Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

And even on suicide Phantom runs worldwide

Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

...and the world is a pretty big place
thanks man. i wish i could get flytrex to take new logs, every time i upload one it fails. ive sent to their support, nothing. oh well :p

Oh you were uploading - okay. Yeah DB told me the site doesn't accept uploads anymore. Too bad.

Just pick up a 3G Live Plus! You can afford it :grinning:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl