P3SE loses signal at 5-10 metres.

Reaction score
Greetings,

After a having my P3SE sitting on the shelf for a few months, i've decided to fly it again, and to my disappointment, it now loses signal and lands at about 5 to 10 metres from launch. DJI Fly flashes red warning "loss of signal".

No mods, nothing done to it, just basically recharged the batteries and tried to fly...

Where to look ? What to check ?

Thank you

Id try relink to establish good pairing again,hope that sorts it
Dont need to unlink it,just run it through again

Deleted specs on p3se & p3s cause its irrelevant to ops question

Last edited:
@♡NZ

Do you know how hard it is to do that heart thing?
I don't know how, I did it took me 5 mins. :rolleyes:

Anyways what do you know about the difference between a P3S, P3SE is it just the camera?
I would like your opinion before I actually post to the OP.

Rod ..

Last edited:
Reactions: LOVE NZ
Your info is always good on P3's
Your post had good info that I was looking for and go to reply then it its gone.

I will send you an email not a PM.

I'm going to press the post button, then do a screen shot, see if this one disappears.

Rod.

@msinger

The goal is help out OP.

If nobody responds I guess this waste for all of us?

Rod ..

Your info is always good on P3's
Your post had good info that I was looking for and go to reply then it its gone.

I will send you an email not a PM.

I'm going to press the post button, then do a screen shot, see if this one disappears.

Rod.
Bugger,sorry deleted but repost since you ask
Screenshot_20240224-085054_Chrome.jpg

I did remove because it's not what @ip DRONING asked ,sorry

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks something weird is still going on.

If you deleted that by accident :rolleyes:
You are probably using an Android tablet.
Good job, now I'm the fool ..

Where did the OP go?

I screwed my pay check this week. :rolleyes::)👌

Rod ..

Thanks something weird is still going on.

If you deleted that by accident :rolleyes:
You are probably using an Android tablet.
Good job, now I'm the fool ..

Where did the OP go?

I screwed my pay check this week. :rolleyes::)👌

Rod ..
No deleted on purpose,,pay check yeh I'm in lol
(PS I ask to get rid of my heart but I see it's still there)

Id try relink to establish good pairing again,hope that sorts it
Dont need to unlink it,just run it through again

Deleted specs on p3se & p3s cause its irrelevant to ops question
reloaded the firmware, re-paired with RC. Drone took off, flew about 70m, i triggered RTL, came back, then flew a bit around, but started intermittently having the same problem. Signal loss and landing within a few metres from me.
One thing is : the gimbal is faulty and there is a "motor gimbal overload" constantly, but i want to use the drone just for general piloting practice, dont care about camera

Reactions: RodPad and LOVE NZ
Myself might not have touched firmware but if it worked that's good,ah did you try also switching between the 5.8 and 2.4 RC operating signal, I didn't think it could be changed or I would have mention before, I see it's in the specs above for the SE , worth a try to see if signal better, understand you not worried about cam,,can only 1 of 3 motors ,find the culprit and disconnect ribbon so get rid if gimble overload if you choose,unless still got live view and it's sort of working but yeh try the signal ,
Good luck If I remember something me add to post

Last edited:
Myself might not have touched firmware but if it worked that's good,ah did you try also switching between the 5.8 and 2.4 RC operating signal, I didn't think it could be changed or I would have mention before, I see it's in the specs above for the SE , worth a try to see if signal better, understand you not worried about cam,,can only 1 of 3 motors ,find the culprit and disconnect ribbon so get rid if gimble overload if you choose,unless still got live view and it's sort of working but yeh try the signal ,
Good luck If I remember something me add to post
Live view is on and off (gimbal just dangling there randomly). I'll have a play tomorrow with frequencies.

Reactions: LOVE NZ and RodPad
I will get back to you with more stuff.
The was very important reason why a was asking what the differences were.

Rod ..

The key question is.

#1 Did you try to or did a firmware update between when it worked correctly and when it didn't?

Your answer is very important me.
I had this issue with a P3S twice, it was repaired under warranty, sent to DJI in California.

Did they tell me what they did? :rolleyes:

Rod ..

#1 Did you try to or did a firmware update between when it worked correctly and when it didn't?
Before pairing with transmitter it offered me to update to 1.5.40, so i did. Doesn't P3SE use gimbal board to connect to RC, unlike P3S, that has two ceramic "square" antennas in body, next to the battery?

Also weather is absolute rubbish today, so can't do test flying.

Before pairing with transmitter it offered me to update to 1.5.40, so i did. Doesn't P3SE use gimbal board to connect to RC, unlike P3S, that has two ceramic "square" antennas in body, next to the battery?

Also weather is absolute rubbish today, so can't do test flying.
Bloody weather, SE has patch antennas in RC,1 to receive and 1 to transmit ,antenna on rc talk to mobile device and dam it's hard to find info on these
Screenshot_20240225-165148_Gallery.jpg

Yip good luck on testing

Last edited:
Your first post.
"After a having my P3SE sitting on the shelf for a few months, i've decided to fly it again, and to my disappointment, it now loses signal and lands at about 5 to 10 metres from launch. DJI Fly flashes red warning "loss of signal""

This is my critical question.

You had not done anything but charged the batteries?
You flight it and seen the problem?

This last statement.
"Before pairing with transmitter it offered me to update to 1.5.40"

Did you to do the paring before the signal problem was noticed or after?

I'm sure I appear to be an *ss
That is the Info I really need.

Can I give info to fix it?
Most likely

I'm guessing the P3S, P3SE use the same remote and mother board.

Anyways

Rod ..

Your first post.
"After a having my P3SE sitting on the shelf for a few months, i've decided to fly it again, and to my disappointment, it now loses signal and lands at about 5 to 10 metres from launch. DJI Fly flashes red warning "loss of signal""

This last statement.

Did you to do the paring before the signal problem was noticed or after?

I'm sure I appear to be an *ss
That is the Info I really need.

Can I give info to fix it?
Most likely

I'm guessing the P3S, P3SE use the same remote and mother board.

Anyways

Rod ..
Me can add to this ,unfortunately no not the same
Screenshot_20240225-180650_Gallery.jpg

20240225_181640.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-181756_Gallery.jpg

Typical of DJI to make things awkward
It would be to easy otherwise,SE seems unique,,I better go how before I get yelled at lol

This last statement.
So... the long story:
Half a year or so ago, this P3SE decided to return home through a pine tree, ripped the gimbal off (broke the roll arm and the destroyed ribbon cable). I spent a few nights trying to rebuild gimbal using P3S gimbal's parts, but unsuccessfully, as it still dangles erratically and gives "Gimbal motor overload".
So I put this quad on shelf, and flew my Air2 and arducopters.

Now I decided to refresh my hand skills in the old ATTI mode, which I cannot replicate with Air2 (Sports mode it still "too smart" and stabilized).

So I decided to bring back this SE into service for practice. First time trying to fly after all that time on the shelf the problem developed. I posted question here. LOVE NZ suggested pairing with remote again.
While pairing, app offered to update to 1.5.40.

Anyway, got the break in the rain today, tried to fly, seems that the longer you fly, the quicker loss of connection happens. I managed to fly through one battery on and off, however after inserting the second battery, it kept failing within a few seconds after takeoff.
By the time it lands and disarms, the connection is back on, I can take off again.

Also in about 3/4 cases of lost connection I could regain control by flipping the right switch (GPS/ATTI) back and forth.

>>I'm guessing the P3S, P3SE use the same remote and mother board.
Nope. Got two P3 Standards in pieces (got them for parts from fishing idiots, so they are all full of sand and salt corrosion), and they are internally quite different, particularly in radio gear.

Bloody pine tree magnets,
Ok I didnt know it had a mishap ,strange one if can regain flipping switch and unsure what to advise,
It's like something is getting hot causing a loss of signal but cant be if comes ok flipping switch,even if gps module was bad it wouldn't loss signal,it go atti mode
Bad conection maybe somewhere on board,not sure if gimble can give that issue but I'm not clever enough with fault finding in circuitry, I think I'm more annoyed than you now,,no sign of arcing on battery terminals where battery contacts
I'm sorry I cant be of any help ,I've stumped myself and goin to soak my head in bucket of petrol

I'll continue to search and try find what's up ,sorry

Thanks for those pictures those are !!!!

There is always missing information, more to the story?
The Long Story! (Full)

Got it now. 👌

I have really cool block diagram somebody made P3S
I will look for that.

Speaking off Pine Trees I will dig up something on that also.

Be nice to see a picture of camera with gimbal and what I call the gimbal block? The part that hangs from the rubber shocks.

Rod ..

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl