P3SE loses signal at 5-10 metres.

Me can add to this ,unfortunately no not the sameView attachment 125796
View attachment 125797
View attachment 125798
Typical of DJI to make things awkward
It would be to easy otherwise,SE seems unique,,I better go how before I get yelled at lol
Ian.....those are great comparison photos of the internal differences of the P3 models 'guts'. These are good to have for future reference. Thanks. Gonna' keep them in my endless drone info and pic file. Great research NZ !

Bloody pine tree magnets,
Ok I didnt know it had a mishap ,strange one if can regain flipping switch and unsure what to advise,
It's like something is getting hot causing a loss of signal but cant be if comes ok flipping switch,even if gps module was bad it wouldn't loss signal,it go atti mode
Bad conection maybe somewhere on board,not sure if gimble can give that issue but I'm not clever enough with fault finding in circuitry, I think I'm more annoyed than you now,,no sign of arcing on battery terminals where battery contacts
I'm sorry I cant be of any help ,I've stumped myself and goin to soak my head in bucket of petrol

I'll continue to search and try find what's up ,sorry
I think we all are trying to find the common pattern in these signal failures. Maybe if the OP has another RC (controller) he could link it to the bird, do a test flight and see if the problem still exists. That should rule out a drone issue or a RC issue.

Reactions: LOVE NZ and RodPad
Well looking for what I said I would post.

I found this one, this wasn't the one I was looking for.

Rod ..

Just found one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOVE NZ
Pine Trees

Anyways, I still have all the parts, it was working until the tree magnet changed polarity.

5 pieces when I picked it up.

Rod .

Be nice to see a picture of camera with gimbal and what I call the gimbal block? The part that hangs from the rubber shocks.
It looks identical to P3 Standard, though may be different inside: the specs for the camera say P3S is 2.7K and P3SE is 4k.
IMG_20240227_183555_1.jpg
IMG_20240227_183608_1.jpg

Reactions: LOVE NZ and RodPad
Pine Trees

Anyways, I still have all the parts, it was working until the tree magnet changed polarity.

5 pieces when I picked it up.

Rod .
How did you get it off ? Btw, my profile pic - not pine tree though.. that one ended with me angrily climbing with a hand saw and cutting the blimmin' branch !

Reactions: RodPad
Tried to fly more, but windy today. It tends not to have much luck fighting the wind either ! Generally feels "flakey" and unstable. And intermittent loss of signal, just makes it unfliable.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks for the pics.

Rod ..

I looked at my cameras and they all say HD.

"It looks identical to P3 Standard, though may be different inside: the specs for the camera say P3S is 2.7K and P3SE is 4k."
That statement messed me up.

Your positive it is a P3SE, you bought it New?

I actually looked at a working P3A, and a P3A camera that was damaged and the P3S camera that I think was in that tree?.

I'm a professional on finding Phantom Magnets.

Maybe there is more camera parts that's still in a box in my cluttered garage?

My self I don't state information with out a not sure?

If I know I'm 100% correct.

I will post prove me wrong.

They seem to disappear

Rod ..

I looked at my cameras and they all say HD.

"It looks identical to P3 Standard, though may be different inside: the specs for the camera say P3S is 2.7K and P3SE is 4k."
That statement messed me up.

Your positive it is a P3SE, you bought it New?
I bought it second hand of course :) The camera differences could be in software ? Also had a chat with another drone enthusiast, he suggested checking antennas (apparently the remote external "stick" antenna may have coax inside worn/broken). Checked inside remote, couldn't see anything obviously broken/loose. Flew one battery more or less ok (dropped connection about 3-4 times), second battery was again, unflyable.

Also with my camera dangling on the odd angle - apparently it's near impossible to get the correct zero on potentiometers that sit on the gimbal motors, and feed back into gimbal orientation logic. He suggested looking for the complete gimbal assembly (hopefully intact when people convert phantoms for fishing).

Hum, this is getting deep, since you looked inside the remote the two pictures that where posted by LOVE :) , which remote did you have.

and

I don't know if the remotes can be swapped.

Anybody help us on this one?

Rod ..

My priority is get it usable signal wise, fixing the gimbal is always doable.

The more I dig in, these various P3* models. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

I think a lot still focused on that signal problem.
As you stated the problem was there before you did a firmware update.

Bought my P3S new.
Worked like it should when I got it, I did a FM update no errors.
Next time a flew it the signal was good bad and ugly. etc.

Sent it for repair, worked great.

Another update, same thing again.
Sent it for repair, worked great.

Many post I was involved maybe over 200

That is really why I go after the Firmware direction.

Part 2
What are using for a mobile device Android or Apple
Do you know how to flight files to a computer?

Rod

Yes I agree, but might not that simple for him, I wouldn't know were to get one that actually works correctly on his P3 Something.

Thanks!!

Do you get a commission like I do. :rolleyes:

Help out somebody.
Learn more, guess that's all we need. :)

Rod ..

Yeah Rod. Only two suggestions come to mind. He could try to find someone on the forum that lives nearby his location, or keep looking on the forum for a guy who's crashed his drone, and only has the controller left. Many will sell if asked.

Reactions: RodPad and LOVE NZ
Thank you for all suggestions. Today I tried to fly again, same story, intermittent loss of connection with recovery after flicking GPS/ATTI switch a few times. Until after one of the connection losses it crashed into a water tank and gimbal assembly got detached completely (rubbers gave up), ribbon cable and two coax antennas detached and left on bottom of the drone. Now it doesn't connect to remote at all, app has constant 'Remote Controller Signal Weak' message flashing.

I guess in P3SE gimbal does play part in the comms...

Also my remote has P3SE configuration inside.

• Wow
Thank you for all suggestions. Today I tried to fly again, same story, intermittent loss of connection with recovery after flicking GPS/ATTI switch a few times. Until after one of the connection losses it crashed into a water tank and gimbal assembly got detached completely (rubbers gave up), ribbon cable and two coax antennas detached and left on bottom of the drone. Now it doesn't connect to remote at all, app has constant 'Remote Controller Signal Weak' message flashing.

I guess in P3SE gimbal does play part in the comms...

Also my remote has P3SE configuration inside.
Oh not the water tank magnet,that just sucks
Definitely something was goin on,flight log will say, I dont know what your RTH settings were but should hover return home or land and not go awall as it did ,that to me is bad compass error or IMU and that seperate from the loss off signal that was goin on,
Yip gimble relays telemetry too and sounds like ripped ribbons , it's not happy ,detached antennas or broken probably weak signal onscreen and now you have to weigh up the cost to at least fly this one again,,,picture say 1000 words
Ps,,I did get a fright when saw above pictures you post and the state of the props,,more dirt than my last years ------- and might not have helped during the previous flights ,phantoms dont like any prop imbalance or sitting ,AI does it's own thing,, done some weedeating too
Anyway still sucks if I could buy you 1 I would , cant say much more in that , could be much easier just to get another cheap one

Before I read these, I decided the remote should be good, this all started with a bird crash.

I been slow lately in the head. Head Cold.

I still have interesting thoughts.
Even with this new info.

Rod ..

Oh not the water tank magnet,that just sucks
Definitely something was goin on,flight log will say, I dont know what your RTH settings were but should hover return home or land
it "landed" onto a tank, and slid down the side 😃
wasn't a flyaway.
Ps,,I did get a fright when saw above pictures you post and the state of the props,,more dirt than my last years ------- and might not have helped during the previous flights ,phantoms dont like any prop imbalance or sitting ,AI does it's own thing,, done some weedeating too
Anyway still sucks if I could buy you 1 I would , cant say much more in that , could be much easier just to get another cheap one
yes, i was surprised how intoletant Phantom to cheap aliexpress props - all over the place. These are originals, dirty, but serviceable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl