POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

41. Just got into the flying. Bought a Vision 2 plus and a crashed Vision Plus, for parts/flying/extra/Moar is better ;-)

54 have been flying heil's now for about 15 years I also surf, power kit and skateboard (longboard) age is just a number not away of life. My wife says am just a big kid show me a man that is not at heart. What ever your hobby's are do them for as long as you can and have fun doing them :D

48 here.

Like the OP wondering if this is a MLC :) Though flown R/C helis on and off for years. Owned 13 at one time many years ago.

66, currently working part time as a government access channel TV technician. Owned my own video production company for 15 years and got burned out on shooting video till I saw how beautiful the footage is from our Phantoms... now I'm back at it flying and shooting. :)

I'm 66. So far this year I had my shoulder replaced with titanium and plastic, broke some ribs and shattered my leg, all in separate incidents, so staying in one spot flying a magic copter seems the safest and most fun thing to do at the moment.

I am disabled and 60 years old have been flying Helicopters for around ten years and just got into quads about a year ago have had everything from the Estes Proto X to my Phantom that I got three days ago, must say the Phantom is fun, am working on flying in my house, raining a lot here so have not been able to get outside. Am not into cameras so I just sport fly my quads. I fly all my quads in my house, helps with the hand eye coordination and ability to fly in small spaces well more like hover in small spaces.

VagabondBoy said:
I'm 66. So far this year I had my shoulder replaced with titanium and plastic, broke some ribs and shattered my leg, all in separate incidents, so staying in one spot flying a magic copter seems the safest and most fun thing to do at the moment.
I know how you feel I have had back surgery and on the 26th I have to have a hip replaced

I'm 63. I took delivery of my PV2 about three weeks ago.To be frank, I'm astonished at just how many of us 'mature' kids there are on the list. Perhaps the younger pilots are just too shy to admit to it. And just one woman? So how is the poll shaping up now? I'd be interested to know.

Very wet here today, in the Highlands, so no chance to fly. It's early and I'm already frustrated. Just 3 weeks in and I'm already a Phantom Junkie.

55 and got into RC planes and gliders after a broken back in a cycling accident 2 years ago, I had to do something while on the mend to keep my sanity :)
Started getting interested in UAV's and bought a P2 with a H3-3D and loving it, start my RPAS training this week for my controllers certificate so I can fly commercially.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl