Samsung to halt sales, exchanges of Galaxy Note 7 globally

Reaction score
In case you have not heard the latest from Samsung.

NEWS FROM Globeandmail.com

Samsung to halt sales, exchanges of Galaxy Note 7 globally
Se Young Lee
18:32 EST Monday, Oct 10, 2016

SEOUL — Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. said on Tuesday it will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 smartphones, further deepening the smartphone company’s recall crisis.

Samsung, in a statement, said it was still investigating recently reported cases of fires in new Note7 devices.

“Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device,” the company said.

Samsung’s decision to pull Note7s off the shelves for the second time in two months underscores the South Korean firm’s struggles to fix its problems. It had already recalled 2.5 million Note7s due to faulty batteries, but the latest reports of damage on the replacement devices is raising fresh doubts about the firm’s quality control abilities.

A person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday Samsung had temporarily halted production of Note7s.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Chairman Elliott Kaye said in a separate statement Samsung was making the right decision by halting sales and exchanges of the device and also urged consumers to stop using all Note7s.

The Korean Agency for Technology and Standards also said consumers should stop using Note7 phones and said it will work with Samsung on future steps.

I saw where T-mobile and Verizon do not recommend the S7 anymore and want their customers to pick something else on the exchange. Seems even the replacement phones have issues and burn up and speculation is they did some firmware or software tweaks so they wouldn't run so hot but that didn't work. I had to buy one of those Mophie secondary battery backup cases for my S6 Edge as it dies too quickly in a day also. Not that great for the DJI Go app either when it heats up and then breaks up the video. Great 16MP camera in it, but very bad performance due to the amount of bloatware Samsung and the carrier installed in it which kills the thing too soon.

Tis a shame, I have a note 4 and it's been faultless for 2 years, been the first time a phone has lasted the contract as every other time I had to have a phone replaced at least once or twice during a contract and hoping to get the 7, looks like the only other choice is the Google pixel XL....................don't even mention the iPhone 7......no way!

Wonder if go runs OK on nougat?

I have a Note 4 as well and it has not been faultless. The location services have been horrible, though better with updates.

My Note 4 does, at times, get pretty hot from use, but it doesn't catch fire.

I was hoping for the Note 7 as well....

RIP N7

Funfact 101: The Note 6 did better in sales by not selling any =)

I guess its bad karma for Samsung. There were many washing machines that were catching fire and Samsung did the bare minimal to correct it. They should have made a recall instead of doing $2 fixes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4