POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

Reaction score
Ok. I'm wondering whether I'm (a) either young at heart :D or (b) entering a new midlife crisis :shock: by being smitten by this new hobby.

I'm 48.

Am I in good company with other 40 somethings? or is there a particular demographic (or not) that this hobby appeals to?

What's your age?

Just curious! :cool:

24 here! I would give up pretty much anything to be able to fly, get some fpv setup, and it's pretty much the closest you will get without leaving the ground. I think that sounds appealing to anyone, regardless of age. Although I'm sure some will stay younger at heart than others ;)

Reactions: missnw
42 here !
Been into flying since my first kite be doing it till I take the big dirt nap !

32, never had time to get a helicopter license, this is the next best thing!

Forty... with 13 years experience.

You do the math!

Thirteen... with 40 years experience. Haha. j/k

I'm 53. Been into RC aircraft since I was 12 (My Dad use to take me to the RC field with him).

41 with almost 20 years of experience in remote control helicopters.

I am not sure that I won't skew your poll, because I am not yet flying. I have been shopping and researching, dreaming and shopping for over 3 weeks. I expect to order a Phantom 2 by next week.

I am a very young man at heart, mind and spirit..... but I have been hanging out on this planet for about 65 years.

Funny, until recently, I have never been all that interested in RC.... the stuff all looked like fun, but I never had the time to get involved with it.

Some folks believe they're alive, just because their heart is beating...like many others, I've always needed more. Right now, having a Phantom will be yet another way of me getting more. ;>)

After seeing my first youtube of someone flying a Quadcopter I became interested, by the time I had seen my third video, I was hooked.

Some call it a hobby and I am sure it is. I see it as yet another passion..... It's as though one can see the world through the eyes of an eagle.... it's another way to feel freedom.

So, I don't think your interest is age related, it is much much more, it's a passion and now that I am considered and old guy, I can tell you from experience and with certainty, the gift of passion comes at all ages in life for those that feel it, recognize it.... and go for it.

Today, I ordered my GoPro Hero 3+ black edition from B & H. It should be in my hands by next Friday. I will have already ordered my bird by then and the GoPro will give me something to play with while I wait.... painfully wait.

Cheers.....

p.s. As you can see, us old folks can tend to be long winded. ;>)

Reactions: zincsoldier
Submariner said:
Ok. I'm wondering whether I'm (a) either young at heart :D or (b) entering a new midlife crisis :shock: by being smitten by this new hobby.

I'm 48.

Am I in good company with other 40 somethings? or is there a particular demographic (or not) that this hobby appeals to?

What's your age?

Just curious! :cool:

58 here. Curious about the screen name. Story??

Hi Guys I'm on me second phantom in about six months. I gave my Phantom 1.1.1. to my son when I bought a phantom 2. Hes spewing because I kept the diversity receiver and monitor for my self and he's saving to buy a GoPrro H3 so he cant afford a monitor. My previous chopper was a Huey in the 60's.
Johnbig

65 hear got my phantom 2 five days ago. one small crash replaced the prop all is good. having a blast. Getting some good shots nothing good enough to post yet.

60 years young been flying rc for 20 yrs and am now racing 1/5th off road cars and loving it and having heaps of fun with my phantom 2 and gopro3+black

Gator113 said:
I am not sure that I won't skew your poll, because I am not yet flying. I have been shopping and researching, dreaming and shopping for over 3 weeks. I expect to order a Phantom 2 by next week.

I am a very young man at heart, mind and spirit..... but I have been hanging out on this planet for about 65 years.

Funny, until recently, I have never been all that interested in RC.... the stuff all looked like fun, but I never had the time to get involved with it.

Some folks believe they're alive, just because their heart is beating...like many others, I've always needed more. Right now, having a Phantom will be yet another way of me getting more. ;>)

After seeing my first youtube of someone flying a Quadcopter I became interested, by the time I had seen my third video, I was hooked.

Some call it a hobby and I am sure it is. I see it as yet another passion..... It's as though one can see the world through the eyes of an eagle.... it's another way to feel freedom.

So, I don't think your interest is age related, it is much much more, it's a passion and now that I am considered and old guy, I can tell you from experience and with certainty, the gift of passion comes at all ages in life for those that feel it, recognize it.... and go for it.

Today, I ordered my GoPro Hero 3+ black edition from B & H. It should be in my hands by next Friday. I will have already ordered my bird by then and the GoPro will give me something to play with while I wait.... painfully wait.

Cheers.....

p.s. As you can see, us old folks can tend to be long winded. ;>)

Gees Gator113, I am 67, so anytime you need some fatherly advice... ;) :) :lol:

So far, I think I am the oldest one here! Ouch!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers