POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

OP here.

I feel like a spring chicken here at the prime age of 48 :D

Good to see a variety of ages here. I guess the addiction is contagious across the ages. Nice.

Joeg1937 said:
I will be 77 shortly and have been flying fixed wing RC for several years and this has got to be by far the most fun I have ever had with Models....

Joe

45 and responsible for Joeg1937 spending his kids inheritance on Phantom stuff! :D

58 here. Own and fly a Bellanca Super Viking that burns 15.5 gph. I can get close to the thrill flying the Phantom with FPV and don't have to burn a gallon of fuel. Just can't fly thru the clouds with it yet :)

Victor Catalanotto
USED BELLANCA PARTS
www.bellanca.us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

46 and feeling every day of it , plus some with the removal of a 8mm kidney stone on 5/7
And having the stint removed on the 15th then the next day hopping a jet to Memphis TN and doing a few jobs in that area.

60 - AND FINALLY RETIRED...

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...

An Aircraft Technician, a Pilot, an Air Traffic Controller???

I guess, in my own delusional way, this hobby combines all of these things into one... :roll: )

57 , and started with a Blade 180 QX on 2013 Xmas. Now moving to a Phantom v1.1.1. I am really loving this hobby.

35 and had an AR Drone 2.0 before my Vision.. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[/quote]

Gees Gator113, I am 67, so anytime you need some fatherly advice... ;) :) :lol:

So far, I think I am the oldest one here! Ouch!!![/quote]

Tell me old chap, when does the drooling start? ;>)

I was brought up to listen to my elders....still trying to learn how to do that.

Cheers....

65 and 2/3rds ... remember when those fractions of years were important? George Carlin did ...

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead! "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16!
And then the greatest day of your life - you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21... YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling... What's wrong? What's changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
But! Wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE IT TO 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You GET INTO your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I WAS JUST 92."
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 AND A HALF!"

Visioneer said:
65 and 2/3rds ... remember when those fractions of years were important? George Carlin did ...

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead! "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16!
And then the greatest day of your life - you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21... YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling... What's wrong? What's changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
But! Wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE IT TO 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You GET INTO your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I WAS JUST 92."
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 AND A HALF!"

Guy... It just happens so fast. The last thirty years went by while I wasn't paying attention. I remember being so content in my mid thirties and understanding that people were finally taking me seriously as I finally had enough life experience that I was no longer considered a kid. I had finally entered adulthood and considered myself a man.

That was thirty years ago. I have absolutely no concept regarding how the hell that time passed.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Guy... It just happens so fast. The last thirty years went by while I wasn't paying attention. ... That was thirty years ago. I have absolutely no concept regarding how the hell that time passed.
-slinger
I absolutely can relate. When I retired my last email to the folks I had worked with contained this exact phrasing, "Today is my last day on the payroll and, as of tomorrow, I shall obtain the venerable status of "Retiree", having toiled for "the man" for 31 years, 11 months, and 21 days (6 work days short of 32 years even). Is this really what I wanted to be when I grew up? Only time will tell. And just how the hell did this happen? Apparently I haven't been paying attention."

Born in 1956. I would find it interesting how many of us 55+ (what Denny's call "seniors") mostly fly out away from everyone. Does it have to do with the quest for peace? As for me, I am a solo Phantom Pilot. You will find me out in the hills flying by myself. I find solace in flying. The older I get, the more I enjoy seeing nature from the air. Last weekend I flew over a deer and didn't even know it until I got home and watched the video. That's the third time that happened. This past Friday night I was having dinner with my wife at a restaurant overlooking the ocean from a higher elevation and had the once in a life time experience of seeing pelicans, dolphins and whales all at the same time from the restaurant window. Never saw a whale before!
Anyway, I wonder if the older of the age spectrum find peace, and experience solace in flying the Phantom. I got together with SilentAV8R and another Phantom flyer and experienced a whole new dimension of joy in flying as a group. And yes, like my buddy Gator113, I can be long-winded.

I'm almost 64. Been flying RC planes since the mid '60s and helis since the mid '80s. Started building multicopters 3-4 years ago when we had to make flight controllers from Wii controllers and Arduino boards. My P2 Vision is almost too easy to fly. :)

G'day I'm 56 living in Australia, never operated any RC in my life till a month ago. Flying a camera is a fantastic concept.

43 here. I've been building and flying RC for years off and on. These quads are by far the easiest and coolest!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj