Phoenix Arizona area.

DO NOT!!! even come close to the TV towers. The area is very high in RF and the top of the mountain is designated level 1 security...I know, I work there sometimes.
I don't know what level one security means but it doesn't surprise me that there's a lot of interference. My last drone left me as a fly away and I don't want to experience that heartbreak again haha!

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

The area is under HLS control...Loosing drone would be your last concern...

All local TV and radio relays
Military MW communication towers.
Public service (police-fire-EMS) communication towers.
All local cell service towers.
FAA relay MW dish.
Weather station.
When I go there I need to keep the truck running, if the alarm is triggered is so much RF you will not be able to disable it.

Reactions: MoreGone
Do you know what UAC communities there are in the valley?

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

I'm new to the forum but have been flying my P3 for a while now. I live in NW Phoenix (Peoria) and fly quite a bit out at Peoria Lakes. Nice flying area on the bluff over looking the lake. The bluff is on State Trust Land but the lake is private property. From what I understand, the lake area belongs to some folks who have been trying to develop it for housing but can't get permitted due to unstable ground around the lake. There is lots of land to fly over (a few square miles) and usually not many people around. I've had a local Trouper stop by and talk with me a few times. He's shown lots of interest in the P3 and he's always been very nice.

I've contacted the manager at the Glider port up off of Carefree Highway and he said its no problem flying at the lakes. I didn't get anything in writing though.

Anyone up for flying?

I am in Goodyear and looking to meet new people to fly with I started a FB page for Phoenix area Flyers
I am looking for new places to fly I generally fly around the Goodyear area but looking for new sites

I haven't received my phantom 3 yet but soon I will be interested in flying here on the west side. I live in Buckeye and work in Goodyear Gary. Have you tryed the new park area at Watson and i10? New walking trails that go up in the white tanks.
I am in Goodyear and looking to meet new people to fly with I started a FB page for Phoenix area Flyers
I am looking for new places to fly I generally fly around the Goodyear area but looking for new sites

Still fighting a bad flu bug for 9 days now, getting better. Being stuck in snow on Mt. Ord today for a few hours did not help at all.
West Side is out of my area (Southeast Gilbert) but since I work weekends normal shift I can stop by for a short while. Just post the time and location and will try to be there.

I haven't received my phantom 3 yet but soon I will be interested in flying here on the west side. I live in Buckeye and work in Goodyear Gary. Have you tryed the new park area at Watson and i10? New walking trails that go up in the white tanks.
No I haven't but would be interested in trying

Will do my best to stop by. When and where?

Sounds good How is Sat or Sun late morning
Saturday should work for me. I will get the actual name of the park. It's north of i10 about 2 or 3 miles on watson....let me just double check with the old lady tonight. Better make sure I'm not forgetting anything :)

I will make it also just give me a time and location
Lets go for 9:00 @ Skyline Regional Park There are 2 parking lots. lets do the last one by the bridge. I will be in a 4 dr black dodge with a lumber rack on it. My name is Jerod. PM me if your going for sure and we can exchange numbers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl