Phoenix Arizona area.

I'm in south Phoenix. I dont even think my phantom will start motors at my house since I live within a no fly zone. Another reason why I go out of town. Thursday and Friday I'm sort of tied up wrapping up work before I go on vacation for a week. I can't tell right now what free time I might have. I'm going to California early Saturday morning.
Maybe Gone3d is available to fly? I don't know. I hope you had the chance to do some flying already.

Hello,
There is a park in Chandler called thude park:https://www.google.com:443/maps?cid=13017683126061888365&hl=en&gl=us
It even has a open building to fly while standing in the shade I've flown here a few times,great place.
I'd stay away from tribal land, they are a separate nation, and without written permission you will
Get into trouble. Good luck.
Bill
I

Hey hey, i am down in Maricopa and would love to find some UAV Pilots to fly with every once in awhile. I had mine down in Mexico over Thanksgiving, it was a blast and i got some awesome footage!

CZ

Anyone over in the Surprise area fly? Just picked up a broken vision+ v3.0 to rebuild and get back into flying. I sold my 1.1 before moving from WY to AZ so I haven't flown out here before so looking for some safe good places close by. I am close to Litchfield and Waddle and have seen folks flying RC planes in a field nearby so I plan on stopping there one day to see if it is just city land because I see sport practices take place out there as well and it isn't actually kept up. Anywho can't wait to get back into it.

I would go with the park in Chandler , thude park:https://www.google.com:443/maps?cid=13017683126061888365&hl=en&gl=us or try to find an RC park out your way.
There is a DJI APP, mostly for shopping but it contains a map of no fly zones across the country and uses your phone GPS to determine if you are in one.

I seen some guys flying RC planes, copters, and a few quads in Goodyear. The spring training parking lot. They fly on Sunday mornings. Nice bunch of guys. Very friendly.

Hey fellas.

Newbie here in north Phoenix. I live about 5 min from coyote basin park on 27th st and Beardsley so I'll prob start practicing there.

Anyone else in the area?

p

Reactions: Hupperware
Hey people's . Up here in the white tanks, Waddell area. Been flying my phantom 3 at the park near by. Plenty of air space to share if anyone is up for flying...

Has anyone flown around the Peralta Trailhead, in Gold Canyon, AZ? I'm thinking about perhaps going there this weekend to fly...

I'm in Mesa, if anyone wants to do some excursion hit me up. Really new to UAVs
Hi Jim here. Would like to meet up and fly sometime. I'm not so new at quads. But I love to fly and just moved down here from seattle wa.
If you want to text I can do that also 4257657800

I live in the central to east valley near Tempe Market Place.

I have a Phantom 2 Vision.
Anyone want to meet and fly around?

Same here. Sometimes I run in the mornings if it isn't too hot down by the Chicago Cubs Stadium at that Mesa Park. I was looking for more places to fly drones close by. I need more practice. Let me know if you find any cool spots and I will post any new spots I find.

Here is an ariel of the field. I heard it was Native owned now so I don't know if that poses an issue.

2uswks3.jpg

Bumping this thread, I'm in the Chandler area.

Been living here over 20 years. The old air field above is pretty much abandoned. What the locals told me a long time ago this was air field used way back in the past by CIA drug runners to land small private planes full of dope and avoid detection by the real airports near by. (See Netflix Narcos)... To the north of that old airfield is the end of Priest road. That has a huge field to fly in with pretty much no light poles or anything to hit. Its just sound of the 202.

I've flown in Thude Park a few times and looking for more places to fly.

There are lots of places around Pecos road around the res you can fly and not be on reservation land. I've done plenty of work down there. Not worried about the police but if you go deep into the desert around Casa Grande around table top mountain. You might run into some smugglers and pretty scary heavily armed trucks driving right thru the desert full of illegals. Seen that, there are places south of Casa Grande I'd what would be great to fly but don't got there without buddies and guns for your own saftey.

As for the boneyard. You can't fly anywhere near it from what I know. If you sign up for a tour of the place the security requirements are no purses, no bags and you can only bring in what you can hold in your hands.

If you want to meet up and fly send me a PM.

I will be coming back to the valley in a month. I am not sure if I will bring the bird along this time but I would still get together with you and watch you fly yours one day if you want.

That airfield was originally an Army airfield as I recall. I would have to check the history again. I would not doubt it was used for some shady stuff, aside from the highway it is desolate.

Next month the weather here will be great for flying (80s). I have some friends who are race instructors at FireBird Race Way (to the left of that airfield about 1 mile) who asked me to come out and record them.

They have pointed out some places on the map (depending on which of the 3 race tracks are used at the moment) where to stand and operate the P3P so I won't be hovering over the track, cars or people. There is also a water racetrace that isn't used often I can fly over.

They also race there when not instructing people. They often get to drive other peoples exotics, a such as brand new Lamborghinis and Ferraris and show them how to drive the course. I have 3 batteries so nearly 1 hour of flight time per trip. If my timing is right I hope to get some of these nicer cars there and take them over to the side of FireBird and do some lower level flights over there cars and get some nice eye candy in 4k.

At some point I'll need to find a place in the desert and drag out my full sized R2-D2 and record him around Tatooine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl