Phoenix Arizona area.

I know the place and I have seen the water track in use a few years back. That is very cool that you will be filming there. Will you get to use the footage for your personal gallery?

I know the place and I have seen the water track in use a few years back. That is very cool that you will be filming there. Will you get to use the footage for your personal gallery?

Ya, you sign a the waiver at the entry that says they aren't responsible if you happen to get yourself killed at the track doing something dumb. Then you can record whatever you like, just stay out of the way of the pit area, it's quite safe.

Nearly everytime I go there I see a couple of crashes or somebody who bought a brand new car total it and drive it into the rubber wall.

My ground camera I use is a Sony 3D camera then I can later edit between the P3P and 3D which is easy to convert to 2D if needed.

The track has about 3 tiers of driverss, beginner, medium and advanced. No matter how rich the person they all are forced to start on beginner level and pay the instructors. There seems to be a few classes of racers there too.

Guys racing older '80s cars, Rx7, older Porsches, miatas, then you have the guys with the new fast vetts and then the people in the Ferrari class looking for a legal place to drive well over the speed limit.

I was gonna head out this weekend but we're still in the 107s.

I've visited the abandoned airfield in the past. It is on native land. Once I was approached by some dudes who looked like surveyors, they politely asked me to leave noting that if a Ranger came by all my gear (cameras) would be confiscated. So I took the warning. I have been back since and never encountered anyone official just other photographers.

I'm in the west valley. Are there any drone clubs that we can join out here ?

I'm in the Sun City area off Happy Valley and the 303. I head to the mountains all the time to fly. Running into a lot of drone folks lately.

cooper/pecos
Anywhere I can.
I am On Call this weekend, tomorrow have a quick job and should be open after 11:00am. Not sure if I can bring the drone on the job...

Yes with the junk plane. Where is that plane located?

Where are the best (and safest) places to fly in the valley? I'm on the east side near Gilbert.

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

A few of them, Elliot east of Ellsworth, Knox and est of Greenfield, South on I-10 past Riggs.

A few of them, Elliot east of Ellsworth, Knox and est of Greenfield, South on I-10 past Riggs.
Is the scenery good at Ellsworth? I know that's near the Superstition Mountains and I bet you can get some great video of the mountain range. Has anyone ever experienced bad interference from a mountain?

You right, at S.M. the view is much better.
Go towards Ghost Town and as close to S.M. find a place to park off road.
When do you fly? My number is 602 301 7872.

You right, at S.M. the view is much better.
Go towards Ghost Town and as close to S.M. find a place to park off road.
When do you fly? My number is 602 301 7872.
I think actually on the mountain it's private property near the TV towers right?

What mountain and TV towers? Hope is not the South Mountains in Phx.
There are no TV towers on Superstition Mountains.
Good place to fly from is here.
upload_2016-1-20_13-36-0.png

and here.
upload_2016-1-20_13-37-47.png

Yeah South Mountain in Phoenix. There's nothing on the Superstitions.

DO NOT!!! even come close to the TV towers. The area is very high in RF and the top of the mountain is designated level 1 security...I know, I work there sometimes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl