Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

No you can't, I got it off Amazon while in Israel, shipped it to my uncle in Manhattan who in turn opened the package, And shipped it again to me (this was to avoid customs), Rinsed and repeat with the P3A. And i sold it on our version of "Craigslist".

unfortunately they didn't say :(. But he did say it's not difficult to install. But again to me that's relative, because I didn't know what I'm doing lol.

Nate,

I hear you! Again, I'm a bit worried unless I have detailed instruction on exactly what to do (maybe directly from Dataa since he is the one that modded his P3S). So, I'm deciding if I will just send my P3S back to Amazon and buy the P3A, or just wait around until they are selling kits for the P3S.

Nate,

I hear you! Again, I'm a bit worried unless I have detailed instruction on exactly what to do (maybe directly from Dataa since he is the one that modded his P3S). So, I'm deciding if I will just send my P3S back to Amazon and buy the P3A, or just wait around until they are selling kits for the P3S.

I will keep looking for a tutorial. Also if I get help via Skype and someone walks me through it I can post the video online for others :)

How different are the controllers Phantom 2 vision / phantom 3? Would the phantom 2 video tutorials work as far as the wiring inside. That's what I'm mostly concerned with. I can custom fit the mount on the outside by drilling a hole and using a screw and fitting. BUT if the controllers are very similar ugggggg. Just not sure. Where is Dataa?????????????????

That's just in Nate, I'm not really sure! I'm sure other people know. That's why I'm considering returning my P3S and just getting the P3A. Then all of the instructions for modding are there already, no "mods" to the "mods" needed!

That may be the best option. I'm just impatient. Lol. My Phantom just shipped so I don't even have it yet lol. Would have to send it immediately back and exchange for the P3A , that might be a headache but I would have DBS tutorials :) dang it lol

Believe me I know the feeling! I'm in the same boat. I've had my P3S for about a week and I'm already jumping to the bit for longer range!

I did too! Sold it 2 weeks later, Cut your losses buddy.
No losses to cut. nothing productive to say in here then don't say nothing !
I looked at the Pictures Dataa posted when doing his install but wasn't quite sure what i was looking at. Do any of you guys know how to do it, or know of a tutorial, or perhaps could post some pictures with steps on how to do it? I have no problem making a mount, and also have the tools needed to drill the holes required Also if anyone is interested in helping me live via Skype and walking me though it, I would be happy to compensate you for your services :)

Happy flying
Nate look at the YT's on just the P2 mods on the TX and you will get some idea what you are dealing with . Though not the same TX
but still ya have to deal with getting connecter's off . Data's pictures pretty much says it all . If you have never done any mods then I can see
where it looks hard but is not . Those cables that come with the DBS are short and Data just put them low on the back of his TX . You can get those cables in a lot of places and I get mine here U.FL to RP-SMA FEMALE 8" -20cm for rc control .
The DBS is a great panel and is going on mine as well as the Dipoles Tony has made just for the panel .
Given a little time you will see this Standard will beable to have lots more range .

Dirk,

Can you let me know exactly what I need if I'm going to upgrade my P3S controller? I am brand new at this, and I'd love detailed instructions for what Datta did, but I understand that its not available. I'm also getting conflicting info on which DBS to buy, the DBS01 or the DBS02. Pedro from IE Elite told me the DBS01. DIrk, if you were me, would you just stick to the P3S and mod that? Or would you exchange for a P3A?

No losses to cut. nothing productive to say in here then don't say nothing !

Nate look at the YT's on just the P2 mods on the TX and you will get some idea what you are dealing with . Though not the same TX
but still ya have to deal with getting connecter's off . Data's pictures pretty much says it all . If you have never done any mods then I can see
where it looks hard but is not . Those cables that come with the DBS are short and Data just put them low on the back of his TX . You can get those cables in a lot of places and I get mine here U.FL to RP-SMA FEMALE 8" -20cm for rc control .
The DBS is a great panel and is going on mine as well as the Dipoles Tony has made just for the panel .
Given a little time you will see this Standard will beable to have lots more range .

Thank you :) That is great news. I guess I need to give it a shot. I really appreciate the info.Do you have skype, if so, can you walk me through the process? I will be happy to pay you for your time.

Dirk,

Can you let me know exactly what I need if I'm going to upgrade my P3S controller? I am brand new at this, and I'd love detailed instructions for what Datta did, but I understand that its not available. I'm also getting conflicting info on which DBS to buy, the DBS01 or the DBS02. Pedro from IE Elite told me the DBS01. DIrk, if you were me, would you just stick to the P3S and mod that? Or would you exchange for a P3A?
He told you right and as far as you want to have that's up to you . P3S for me cause I can mod it and not the others .I like making things do what others say they can't . All I see right now is those cables I put in the other post if you want your holes at the top of your TX instead of like Data did it. I have mine at the top.
I have had the panel and the FPVLR ones on my P2's and is not hard to mod if you have any ability to go in it .Look at YT on doing the TX mods on the P2's like I said and you will see it's not that hard .
IF you are not comfortably going in it then get one of the others .
Then at some point you are going to want more distance and ya going to have to go into that one and it is harder than this one .

Thank you :) That is great news. I guess I need to give it a shot. I really appreciate the info.Do you have skype, if so, can you walk me through the process? I will be happy to pay you for your time.
No I don't have that and is hard to walk you through it anyway . Look in the other sections in mods or on YT and you can see most of this being done.
Take your time and take pictures all along the way and you will not have no problems putting it back together . The hardest part is just getting the silicone off the connecters and you just have to take your time .
Have not seen @Dataa2 in awhile but he can tell ya it's not hard .:)

Lol got it. One more question. Where is the range extender on the P3S. Is it inside controller? Just started watching one of the videos.

Thanks for all the information from everyone. My unit arrives on Thursday along with the DBS mod on Friday, fingers crossed. I also went a head and bought another transmitter from DJI in the event that I screwed up my original LOL. I will post pics and or a video of what I do so stay tuned. I'm hoping for the same distance results that Dataa posted on page 6 of this thread.

Safe Flying :)

happytreefriends: First of all, Stop being a dckhead and act like an adult.
If you can NOT properly respond in a public forum then just move on.

You got it, happytreefriends. You bite the hand that feeds you, you don't get fed any more.
No more donating in exchange for criticism. Outtahere..

If you were looking for pics, parts lists, instructions, and help... ask happytreefriends. He made me decide to pack it up and leave. I don't do this to be flamed.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart