Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

New flight got to over 5.5km over open water. With the DBS mod. Didn't even realize it till I checked my logs just now

Reactions: dirkclod
New flight got to over 5.5km over open water. With the DBS mod. Didn't even realize it till I checked my logs just now
I knew it had it in it :)
the rock..nod.gif

Last edited:
I thought the effective range was 0.6 miles? That would be around 3200ft..... Maybe you are in Europe and are in the CE mode?

Scott from what Data said he got 5.5km = 18,044' = 3.24 miles
Was most likely in FCC mode.
Now he didn't say that was round trip or not and have not installed one yet on a Standard.
I have had one on a P2 and yes it does increase distance .

Guess, sorry if I'm a bit late to the party here.......but what can I do to increase the range of my P3S? I didn't do enough research beforehand, should have splurged on the PSA. I know it has more wifi antennas......so, how can I increase the range? Every mod I have seen is for the P3A or the P3P.

Guess, sorry if I'm a bit late to the party here.......but what can I do to increase the range of my P3S? I didn't do enough research beforehand, should have splurged on the PSA. I know it has more wifi antennas......so, how can I increase the range? Every mod I have seen is for the P3A or the P3P.
Maybe start at the beginning of this thread and read :)

Sorry Dirk.........didn't see all the extra pages :). I'd love to do this mod for my P3S, but from what Dataa mentions, the DBS mod doesn't "exactly" fit for the P3S controller......not sure how long I'll have to wait until they come out with the mod for sale?

DJI Newbie missed that the P3A joke had already been made in this thread. Duplicate post!

From what I can gather online and in this forum the DBS mod can be done for the Phantom 3 standard controller. I've been searching for an online tutorial but have only found help for the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv. I emailed the guys at DBS and they said it is possible but they don't do the install for you. Here was their reply below :

This one... ITELITE DBS Phantom ITE-DBS01 for Phantom 2 Vision and Vision Plus

BUT... this is a do it yourselfer

We don't offer a kit yet with a mount and proper wiring for the P3 Standard

You will have to make some sort of modification to the mount to attach it to your controller...
And you will need 2 u.fl to RP-SMA cables long enough for the wifi module hookup.

Like these... 2X U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable 6 Inches (15cm) USA

Thank you

I looked at the Pictures Dataa posted when doing his install but wasn't quite sure what i was looking at. Do any of you guys know how to do it, or know of a tutorial, or perhaps could post some pictures with steps on how to do it? I have no problem making a mount, and also have the tools needed to drill the holes required Also if anyone is interested in helping me live via Skype and walking me though it, I would be happy to compensate you for your services :)

Happy flying

Last edited:
Shhhhhh man, don't ruin it, he didn't read the thread, it's brand new to him. Let me enjoy this moment.

Nate,

Thanks for the response! I feel the same way. I can't go on those pictures alone, I'm too afraid I will ruin something unless I have exact instructions for modifications, especially since apparently you have to "mod" this "mod". If they had a kit with full instructions, without having to modify any other bracketry or whatnot, I would probably do it. Did ITEELITE mention they would be selling the kits for the P3S soon or not at all?

DJI Newbie,

How much did you end up losing when you sold the P3S?

I'm no example, I bought it off Amazon for 800$ while here in israel they don't carry the P3S, And the P3A is around 5,700 ILS (1583$) and the P3P is 7,200 ILS (2000$). Put mine up for sale for 4,600 ILS (1277$, Yes, more than i paid for it) And someone took it for 4400 (1200$) so i bought the Adv. And that's the story of how i got a P3A for 800 $, i was in shock it worked.

Wow.....so you were in another country and bought the P3S, then went back to Israel, then resold it online for about $1200 USD? That's amazing! Don't think I could do that here in the USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1