Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Thanks Robie! I'm confirming with Dataa at the moment since he did the mod. I know the (2) shorter cables, I believe for the Wifi FPV, were too short, which I why I ordered the 8" so I could have the connectors on the top of the controller. I'm still unsure of the 3rd, I believe it comes with a cable that's long enough to reach the top of the controller?

happytreefriends: First of all, Stop being a dckhead and act like an adult.
If you can NOT properly respond in a public forum then just move on.

You got it, happytreefriends. You bite the hand that feeds you, you don't get fed any more.
No more donating in exchange for criticism. Outtahere..

If you were looking for pics, parts lists, instructions, and help... ask happytreefriends. He made me decide to pack it up and leave. I don't do this to be flamed.

Last edited:
Robie not trying to cut in your conversation but ya right on the 8" is enough .And guy's don't save a dollar and get the cheaper cables and get em that look like this p-17106-8inchufl.jpg and not the black ones . Been there and you will regret it .Also for those that don't know do put some hot glue or something similar back over the clips . I always use a pencil eraser and push that clip down with that gently till I hear it click .
Robie's looks good and is steering ya straight with what he's telling ya .
If you don't care for that stick lock while you have it open then just use some needle nose and pull this up a little 1.JPG and it won't lock
down no more .
Robie...
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: robiefield
Robie,

Thanks for all the helpful info. I wasn't trying to insult by saying I was relying on Dataa, I didn't realize you had done the mod also, maybe I missed it in all of these posts if you mentioned it. I went ahead and bought (2) sets of these instead of the 1 set.

Dirk,

You are telling me these cables I just purchased on Amazon will not be sufficient, in regards to quality?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DII6564?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

You got it, happytreefriends. You bite the hand that feeds you, you don't get fed any more.

If you were looking for pics, parts lists, instructions, and help... ask happytreefriends. He made me decide to pack it up and leave. I don't do this to be flamed.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Understood. I am at my office and for some reason this forum loads very slowly, so its hard for me to jump around and see who answered what. Again, I really appreciate the support here, as well as the support from everyone.

The cables I just placed the order for aren't the black ones Dirk mentions.......so.....maybe I should just cancel the order and find the ones that are?

Robie,

I can't seem to find pics of your mod?? I assume they are in this thread somewhere? I know Dataa's are on Pg. 5.

Understood. I am at my office and for some reason this forum loads very slowly, so its hard for me to jump around and see who answered what. Again, I really appreciate the support here, as well as the support from everyone.

The cables I just placed the order for aren't the black ones Dirk mentions.......so.....maybe I should just cancel the order and find the ones that are?
Scot I have used the black ones and they just crimp to easy . You can get cable's in lots of places . I get mine from FPVLR cause I just deal with him a lot and know his are good ones .

Last edited:
Reactions: robiefield
Robie,

I can't seem to find pics of your mod?? I assume they are in this thread somewhere? I know Dataa's are on Pg. 5.
Those pictures there are gonna be as close as ya can come to doing this mod . All that will be different is where you run your cables .

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm completely new to this forum. Again, I apologize as I did not see your post and I didn't realize I was asking a duplicate question that has already been answered. I don't know what else to say. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful nor rude. Maybe just have a little patience with people like myself is all I'm asking.

Robie,

I just realized that for some reason, the pics were not "previewed" in your posts. I went back and looked and I have to individually open. When I was viewing Dataa's pics from his posts, they show right up. Not sure of the reason of that. That is why I missed all of your helpful info.....

Last edited:

Last edited:
Robie,

No it was not. I will definitely study up on your info, and am thankful that you have performed the modification with the pics and instructions indicated. I'm excited to get all of the materials so that the mod can be installed and get my bird down the road further!

I've had enough. Leaving here and taking the donated content. If you miss it or are looking for it, ask happytreefriends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow looks great! Curious to find out what kind of range you get with this as opposed to factory install. I'm sure you'll get great results like Dataa did with your DBS01! Will be super easy to slap that one once you get it. Which tablet are you using?

Hi Robie,

Glad to hear of your test flight with those antennaes you are using now. I'm very anxious to try out my DBS01 mod. Currently around my subdivision here in MI, I am only getting a horizontal range of around 1000-1100ft and altitude max of around 500f (directly above me) before my signal breaks and RTH kicks in. I'm sure the OEM specs were tested in areas of less population and interference. I'm hopefuly to drastically exceed that once the DBS01 is installed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka