Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I'm still waiting on DJI support to investigate my drifting issue (was logged before I found several threads here advising of it being a firmware problem). Here's hoping 1.5 actually fixes my problem

It's available for download on dji now.

They are the same downloaded yesterday morning. Cross fingers ...

its back..
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030
2015-11-25

ok, done it but too wide to fly today
IMG_0330 copy.png

So has anyone tried a downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4?

Who cares about 1.4....i wish we could downgrade to 1.1.9.....or at least 1.3.2.

Who cares about 1.4....i wish we could downgrade to 1.1.9.....or at least 1.3.2.
Heh? You can downgrade to any version from 1.4 (not officially, but if you do a search, there are ways). So if you can downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4, then you can also downgrade to 1.3.2 or 1.1.9. That's why I asked!

Its like a yo - yo

also iOS has had an update

Anyone that has been around for a little while should know DJI does this a _lot_. They have been known to release firmware with bugs that are so bad that they pulled firmware after one day. So, as I've mentioned many times (and it's been echoed by _many_ people), it's _always_ better to see what other people say about any new firmware from DJI. If you are not having problems and the firmware does not really add anything you need, then it only makes sense to wait a few weeks before installing. I see people running to install new firmware that only adds limitations! I guess some people are just programmed into thinking all new firmware is going to better then the last.

Heh? You can downgrade to any version from 1.4 (not officially, but if you do a search, there are ways). So if you can downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4, then you can also downgrade to 1.3.2 or 1.1.9. That's why I asked!

I hope you`re right, but infortunaly, that`s impossible. From 1.4 you can`t roll back to 1.3.2, for instance.

But someone confirm.......i hope sincerely you`re right!

Last edited:
I hope you`re right, but infortunaly, that`s impossible. From 1.4 you can roll back to 1.3.2, for instance.
But someone confirm.......i hope sincerely you`re right!
Hmmm not sure what you're saying. I am asking if someone did downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4 succesfully, so I don't know and I can't be "right" or "wrong".
However, downgrading from 1.4 to 1.3.2 or from 1.3.2 to 1.1.9 works just fine. Done that.

Reactions: Mordor
But the new 1.5, prevents to roll back from 1.4 to 1.3.2....and earlier.

Someone confirm or not . Not shure!

All the talk about not being able to roll back to whatever FW. Can't we use that service.bin file that I'm sure many of us still have stashed away and remove ANY FW?

I could be wrong, but if you roll back the bin file I suppose you would have an interfacing issue with the latest dji go app.
You're probably wrong. But someone needs to try :)
Latest DJI Go version works fine with 1.1.9 and 1.3.2 as did all app versions, ever.

Now this makes it even more muddy. So you can downgrade to 1.4.10, but not earlier. Why not? Normally downgrading from 1.4.10 works fine.

DJI Notes:
• The firmware can be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later only.
• Video recording in 2.7K is only available in the Android version of the DJI GO app at the moment. Support for the iOS version is coming soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka