Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Just for fun I decided to upgrade to 1.5. Took it for a spin. Didn't notice anything different. It was flying fine before and it's fine now. Just have to wait for official release to see what the improvements are and let my psychology tell me I did the right thing.
I appreciate your having confidence in my opinion. That means a lot!

Well whether or not any problems could be specific or not to the users hardware or tablet, dji obviously felt they could do things to help the disconnect and drifting issues. These have been listed in the notes to have been addressed. The one I'm hoping does the trick is the drifting fix. That's a nasty one.
+1, I also have a nasty drift issue, it drives me crazy. I had no drift when using FW 1.3.2 but updated to 1.4.1 to stay current. Can't wait to update!

And back to the test version
View attachment 36504

You need to know that your beta version is considered 1.04.0010.

You need to load the published version 1.05.0030 and then attempt to roll back. Personally, I feel like 1.05.0030 will be the new roll back to version. Meaning it would be the cut-off/low-limit firmware.

Im not getting what you are saying here.

I can try that as well. But was planning to wait till it is actually republished to ensure that I am actually using the what everyone else will be. Just in case they actually do try to slip in a change and not change version numbers. Trying to make it as honest a test as I could.

You need to load the published version 1.05.0030 and then attempt to roll back. Personally, I feel like 1.05.0030 will be the new roll back to version. Meaning it would be the cut-off/low-limit firmware.
What Android device are you having trouble with? And what were your problems?

A day has gone by since the firmware was posted and pulled. Now I'm actually curious if it was tweaked further and not merely a slipped posting.

I am just sitting back with a big smile :). How many times have I said "Let Mickey try it first" ???

P.S. For those of you to young or not from the US to know how Mickey is, google/youtube "Mickey cereal ad".

P.S.S. I am surprised some on this BB are not saying that it is pilot error/stupidity.
I think you mean "Mikey"

Listen up everybody! I just done an extensive test with the firmwares. While you can downgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.4.1, you CANNOT downgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.3.2. I don't know if you can downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.2 if you didn't upgrade to 1.5 first, I wish I had tried that. DO NOT UPGRADE from 1.3.2 if you like it, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK!!!!!

Listen up everybody! I just done an extensive test with the firmwares. While you can downgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.4.1, you CANNOT downgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.3.2. I don't know if you can downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.2 if you didn't upgrade to 1.5 first, I wish I had tried that. DO NOT UPGRADE from 1.3.2 if you like it, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK!!!!!
Do not upgrade if you like what you've got?
People will decide for themselves if they want to upgrade.
If new firmware offers features that are attractive or useful people will upgrade.

Im not getting what you are saying here.

I can try that as well. But was planning to wait till it is actually republished to ensure that I am actually using the what everyone else will be. Just in case they actually do try to slip in a change and not change version numbers. Trying to make it as honest a test as I could.

Just letting you know from past experience that 1.05.0021 is not a version you should use for the ability to rollback firmware. When we did the beta 1.04.0008 it was the very last version were given to beta test. And both the android and iOS teams had finished with the 1.04.0008 being super rock solid. That version was tweaked to perfection, and the beta project stopped. I personally was so proud of what we had accomplished considering how messed up 1.04.0002 we started with was prior to. Then the day after they published 1.04.0010 firmware which was untested, and the android and iOS users both were having video reception issues as well as other stuff. That for me was a sad day. I loaded the 1.04.0010 because it included something to do with the app displaying one of the new features. In doing that, I then also had the **** video issues. I then tried rolling back to 1.04.0008 and it said I was trying to load the same version. Prior to all this I use to be able to load 1.1.9 FW but was no longer able to. To make a long story short, eventually the 32 channel mod saved me. This all took place with my Nexus 7 2013 version.

And now, updated R/C firmware, app 2.4.1, firmware 1.05.0021, and the 32 channel mod all installed and I have poor video with a little lag.

I don't know if you are still beta testing, or if you stopped when the firmware project ended, but they now say the processor and ram speeds need to be about double of what I have in the Nexus 7 2013.

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Just letting you know from past experience that 1.05.0021 is not a version you should use for the ability to rollback firmware. When we did the beta 1.04.0008 it was the very last version were given to beta test. And both the android and iOS teams had finished with the 1.04.0008 being super rock solid. That version was tweaked to perfection, and the beta project stopped. I personally was so proud of what we had accomplished considering how messed up 1.04.0002 we started with was prior to. Then the day after they published 1.04.0010 firmware which was untested, and the android and iOS users both were having video reception issues as well as other stuff. That for me was a sad day. I loaded the 1.04.0010 because it included something to do with the app displaying one of the new features. In doing that, I then also had the **** video issues. I then tried rolling back to 1.04.0008 and it said I was trying to load the same version. Prior to all this I use to be able to load 1.1.9 FW but was no longer able to. To make a long story short, eventually the 32 channel mod saved me. This all took place with my Nexus 7 2013 version.

And now, updated R/C firmware, app 2.4.1, firmware 1.05.0021, and the 32 channel mod all installed and I have poor video with a little lag.

I don't know if you are still beta testing, or if you stopped when the firmware project ended, but they now say the processor and ram speeds need to be about double of what I have in the Nexus 7 2013.
This might be better a conversation to have privately. I am still running 5.0021 because there really is no reason for me to stop testing it. It is always possible that I could come across something, even though that phase of testing has ended. Its more out of being thorough than anything else. I guess if I were having a lot of trouble with it I would be more likely to use 4.001. But if there were that kind of issues, the beta wouldnt have closed.

Your first post... Welcome.
You can choose to ignore it you wish, u can still fly safely. What firmware did you upgrade/downgrade from? GO app version?

My app 2.4.1 iOS. And downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.2.0. After downgrading when i open the app and connect with drone is says " camera required update and aircraft required update. ". So i didnt want to fly Before ask u.

This conversation has turned a little unsettling. About the only thing I was hoping for personally was the drifting being fixed. I think I'll put up with that until something solid is reported with the new firmware. Disappearing firmware act without showing back up- something ain't right.

It is a little odd. I never saw the originally posting. And never actually saw the comment made by DJI on their forum about it. So ya gotta take all that at face value too!

I have both android and IOS devices and have the video issues, "no signal" to be exact. Hell, I haven't had a video signal since the last update and I've tried everything to get it back and nothing seems to fix it. Perhaps if DJI would have released the tested version you all worked on, ".0008" instead of ".0010", I would still have a video feed. It's a shame DJI can't get their testing sorted out. I love DJI's products, but I've never seen a company break their own products by releasing updates that haven't been thoroughly tested. Luckily my phantom P3P is still under warranty and therefore will be going back to DJI after Thanksgiving. I downloaded 1.5 and gave it a try in hopes of fixing my "no signal" issue, but unfortunately the update failed. I tried 7 or 8 times and it failed every time. I hope the others that have lost their video feed have better luck than me and can get 1.5 to update successfully and repair their video feed.

Where is @Poundofnuts -- this may be the fix for his disconnect issue.
Unfortunately mine wouldn't take the update. I tried the new 1.5 numerous times and it failed every time. I'm hoping MAYBE, that the version that hit the servers for a brief moment wasn't complete and that's why it was pulled. I'll try again once DJI puts the link back up.

I have both android and IOS devices and have the video issues, "no signal" to be exact. Hell, I haven't had a video signal since the last update and I've tried everything to get it back and nothing seems to fix it. Perhaps if DJI would have released the tested version you all worked on, ".0008" instead of ".0010", I would still have a video feed. It's a shame DJI can't get their testing sorted out. I love DJI's products, but I've never seen a company break their own products by releasing updates that haven't been thoroughly tested. Luckily my phantom P3P is still under warranty and therefore will be going back to DJI after Thanksgiving. I downloaded 1.5 and gave it a try in hopes of fixing my "no signal" issue, but unfortunately the update failed. I tried 7 or 8 times and it failed every time. I hope the others that have lost their video feed have better luck than me and can get 1.5 to update successfully and repair their video feed.
Did you try multiple SDcards? Formatted on the P3 and formatted on a PC? They are a pain to some from time to time

Did you try multiple SDcards? Formatted on the P3 and formatted on a PC? They are a pain to some from time to time
Yep, I tried everything. The 16gb that came with my bird, a 32gb U3 class 10 sandisk extreme plus , a 64gb U3 class 10 sandisk extreme plus, each formatted on the bird. I also tried formatting each on my MAC in exfat, as well as on my windows PC, but all of the updates still failed. A red light with the solid noise was the end result each time.

Hmm.. I would lean toward the file being corrupt. There is one person that I know of that updated successfully though. So the file was good at the source. You might try re-downloading it just for giggles. Or wait till they release it again. Sorry... Thats all Ive got

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94