Phantom 2 battery clone

freefall101 said:
Why risk your whole setup to save a few pounds or dollars? I haven't long owned a P2 with FPV setup but can see straight away saving money this way isn't worth it.

To save a few £'s,your joking right? the DJI batteries over here in the UK are over £100 and the Nukerc batteries are £43 (if and when they turn up),so i'm getting two batteries for less than the price of one of DJI's,saving money this way IS worth it and I also fly FPV non't that has anything to do with it,why is it the DJI fanboys can see no wrong in the DJI products? loads of people have been complaining about the stock batteries for months but as you haven't had your PH2 V for long I guess you wouldn't know,lets hope your not flying yours with FPV and your stock battery decides to fail. :shock:

PS, My tracking number STILL isn't working and no sign of my batteries from NRC yet,i've had two orders from HK turn up in the time i've been waiting for these bloody batteries to turn up,both of the HK orders were placed well after I placed the order for these batteries,now all we need is for HK to start making them and at a good price. :lol:

Tank said:
To save a few £'s,your joking right? the DJI batteries over here in the UK are over £100 and the Nukerc batteries are £43 (if and when they turn up),so i'm getting two batteries for less than the price of one of DJI's,saving money this way IS worth it

Certainly a significant money saving. My only concern would be that flying with a non-DJI battery is almost certainly going to void your DJI warranty, and if you wipe out your £1000 Phantom for the sake of saving £60 on a battery, it could be an expensive saving.

Looking forward to your reports when your batteries finally arrive.

Certainly a significant money saving. My only concern would be that flying with a non-DJI battery is almost certainly going to void your DJI warranty, and if you wipe out your £1000 Phantom for the sake of saving £60 on a battery, it could be an expensive saving.

When you are flying with a real dij battery and it decides to cause your rig to wipe out and crash without warning when it fails or your contacts break connection you are still in the same boat. Even with a real dji in and your phantom is now lost or busted in to pcs good luck on proving to DJI that it was THERE fault and getting them to replace the phantom. DJI battery or not.

But by its self using another battery is not going to void any warranty you do have on the phantom. For one there is no way they would know what battery you ever had in it. Plus in some places such as the US no manufacturer can void a warranty for using any other replacement part or consumables. In less the manufacture actually gives there parts to you free of charge.

Losing the phantom to a battery is not going to be much more risky then thos that already take there chances flying with the dji batterys that are prone to fail. Even there new redesigned ones unless they did some changes internally that they do not want to announce so as to not let any one that wants to make a clone can get the jump on what ever they fixed if they fixed any thing on them. otherwise them new battery's will still start failing soon to if all they changed was the cosmetic appearance of the contact pads being square now as opposed to being round. The contact pins could care less if the pads are round, square or even if they were shaped like a lucky shamrock. It don't address what the real problem has been with the DJI battery's. Which is the contact pins not pressing hard enough on the pads and them not being made of any corrosion proof martial. and also the internal charge circuit that likes to cut off cells So that it will not take a full charge tho will still say its full. but only give you about 2-7 minutes before its completely dead and the thing drops out of the sky.

But the real problem with trying to save some money on the nuke rc battery's is when you send them your money and get nothing sent to you or get it confiscated in the mail. Which is what happened to the one I ordered in June. Nuke rc tried to even dispute the charge back thinking that if they gave the tracking number that they would be covered and not have the funds charged back.

J.James said:
Losing the phantom to a battery is not going to be much more risky then thos that already take there chances flying with the dji batterys that are prone to fail.

I'm sure that in reality you're right, and it's not much more risky, but I'd still want to do a significant amount of low-altitude testing first. Perhaps I worry unnecessarily, but it's an expensive piece of kit to wipe out for the sake of saving £60.

Not ever getting the battery sort of made it hard to do any testing on them at all. But ya it would of been some thing I would of flown a few close and low flights on a few times before even considering any real flights on it. But I also would do what I do with my dji battery which is to always put them in to the phantom and plug in to the naza soft ware to confirm it took a full charge and that all 3 cells are charged fully and to make sure all the volts and mah's are correct. Before ever flying. Because the battery % in the app will still show its 100% charged even if its not when any of the cells are cut off it don't count them in the % displayed in the FPV app.

FASTFJR said:
Funny how we haven't heard much from NUKERC

Sort of reminds me how Nukerc/David don't like to answer emails unless he's going to gain/loose money.

I've just about had it with Nukerc and not responding to my email asking for a working tracking number,i put my order in on the 14/7/14 and he said it was sent out on the 22/7/14 and it's now the 6/8/14,i'll be putting in my PayPal dispute in the morning and if they won't help or i've gone past the allotted time frame i'll then get my CC company to do a cash back.

Has anyone out there who ordered a Nukerc battery on or around the 14/7/14 got any batteries in the post as of yet,or even a working tracking number? :(

Tank, nuke emailed claiming they shipped 25/6 but the tracking number didn't appear on hkpost for over a week. If the tracking number can even be believed, it didn't leave HK until 20/7. Once it heads for Australia in my case, it can no longer be tracked, so I have no idea where mine might be. If yours hasn't shown up yet on the tracking website I reckon it probably hasn't even been sent.

Terrible way to run a business, because regardless of how fantastic or cheap the product may be, there is no way on earth I will ever order from them again, and I will recommend anyone interested in listening against it as well. :evil:

Tank said:
Has anyone out there who ordered a Nukerc battery on or around the 14/7/14 got any batteries in the post as of yet,or even a working tracking number? :(
June 23, 2014 order date. Email for tracking about a week later. Must have been in Hong Kong post for another 10 days. HK post stated it left there about 10 days ago. USPS states they have been notified of a pre-shipment. That is all. Mine must have taken the Mars express and got mixed up with packages going to Jupiter. It is probably lost on the far side of the moon. :roll:
My 45 days with PayPal was up about today, so that is why I filed last Monday.

HK post stated it left there about 10 days ago. USPS states they have been notified of a pre-shipment. That is all.

Thats what the one they supposedly sent to me has been saying sense the 12th of july and it also took about 10 days before that that is just sat there saying it was going to leave hk on the 12th. then on the 12th the usps web site said they were notified the package was to leave HK

Being it had to of gone missing some place between getting ready to leave hk and then never actually going any further and reading on hk posts web site about there prohibition on any lithium battery's and them saying they confiscate any and all that they catch. which out giving any notice. Thats how I am able to conclude they snagged it. I also know that when any one ships some thing that gets flagged as being an addressee or customer that had been tagged for shipping contraband every thing they ship gets extra speshial treatment and scrutiny for being inspected. So basically once the first few got poped every thing else will end up getting poped to. and any thing that is also a new shaped item that there computer x ray scanners never seen before in there shapes database once it getting flagged as some thing that is possible contraband. Then the automated system will also start catching the same or simuler items even if send by some one else or different packages

Tank said:
freefall101 said:
Why risk your whole setup to save a few pounds or dollars? I haven't long owned a P2 with FPV setup but can see straight away saving money this way isn't worth it.

To save a few £'s,your joking right? the DJI batteries over here in the UK are over £100 and the Nukerc batteries are £43 (if and when they turn up),so i'm getting two batteries for less than the price of one of DJI's,saving money this way IS worth it and I also fly FPV non't that has anything to do with it,why is it the DJI fanboys can see no wrong in the DJI products? loads of people have been complaining about the stock batteries for months but as you haven't had your PH2 V for long I guess you wouldn't know,lets hope your not flying yours with FPV and your stock battery decides to fail. :shock:

PS, My tracking number STILL isn't working and no sign of my batteries from NRC yet,i've had two orders from HK turn up in the time i've been waiting for these bloody batteries to turn up,both of the HK orders were placed well after I placed the order for these batteries,now all we need is for HK to start making them and at a good price. :lol:

When I said "a few pounds", I didn't mean anyone to take that literally, but you know what I'm trying to get at here? Ultimately I am not prepared to wait many weeks to months for a battery, I can think of plenty of ways to make and save money rather than handing my cash over to NukeRC. As long as it works out for you then good for you, but I bought my second battery at £91 and for the sake of say a 6 week wait (could be longer I don't know) I haven't been waiting around for it and worrying where my money has disappeared to.

freefall101 said:
Tank said:
freefall101 said:

When I said "a few pounds", I didn't mean anyone to take that literally, but you know what I'm trying to get at here? Ultimately I am not prepared to wait many weeks to months for a battery, I can think of plenty of ways to make and save money rather than handing my cash over to NukeRC. As long as it works out for you then good for you, but I bought my second battery at £91 and for the sake of say a 6 week wait (could be longer I don't know) I haven't been waiting around for it and worrying where my money has disappeared to.

No matter how you put it two batteries for the price of one of DJI's is saving more than a few pounds mate and yes I did know what you meant,plus I also was letting you and everyone else know the price differences.
I do agree with you on the waiting and if i've been had or has it shipped and the list goes on,so on that alone I will NOT be going near NUKRC again. :evil:

So where in the UK did you get a DJI battery for £91? and how much was the postal cost? the cheapest I could fined was around or over the £100 mark and then some of them wanted postage on top of that.

To everyone else who did answer my questions thanks as it's appreciated and still no reply from my last email to David over at Nukerc from a few days ago,i would of thought he might of come back on here at some point to defend himself,as I did tell him I and others were on here talking about his poor service,i guess he can't argue against the facts. ;)

All I want/wanted was a working tracking number lol,ok I get it won't work while it's on the water as it's got to be coming by sea if at all,but surly my so called tracking number should of worked before it left where ever,maybe like someone else said it might not of even left yet,to think we all paid express shipping,well I did as that's the only option I had. :shock:

Tank said:
So where in the UK did you get a DJI battery for £91? and how much was the postal cost? the cheapest I could fined was around or over the £100 mark and then some of them wanted postage on top of that.

They're £91 on the First Person View site:

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/batter ... re-battery

That does seem to be the cheapest price around.

HarryT said:
Tank said:

Thanks for that Harry as I'll be needing one of them when and if I get my money back off of Nukerc. ;)

Tank said:
HarryT said:
Tank said:

Thanks for that Harry as I'll be needing one of them when and if I get my money back off of Nukerc. ;)

Got it from firstpersonview.co.uk, looks like Harry beat me to it. I'm sure RCgeeks would match the price if you email them, plus they do free delivery.

General Query:

If you ordered a Nuke battery, please chose one item below and share with the forum:

• 1) Received your Nuke Battery. And, how long to receive ?
    2) Have not received your Nuke Battery. And, what was the Order Date ?
    3) Canceled order for refund. And, how long did you wait ?

Interested in the statistics of the above three items only. Already been plenty of frustration expressed.

HarryT said:
Tank said:

£86.95 on quadcopters site - http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phanto ... 1212-p.asp Although also out of stock obviously.

cot **** those batteries are expensive over there.

Finally received my 2 batteries:

Ordered 17/6 so close enough to 3 months to arrive in Australia - that's their 10-15 day Express Post, I'd hate to see the slow post! :shock: It's arrival coincided with the return of my warranty replaced controller so I'm back in action.

Packed well enough, standard bubble wrap inside cardboard box wrapped in about 3 rolls of that stinky Chinese brown tape. Batteries seem pretty good build, the white plastic appears at least strong as the genuine, charged fine and the battery info on P2 Assistant is all good. Took it for a little 5 minute spin and had zero problems - but it was quite blustery and just in the back yard so couldn't give it a proper work out. 5 minutes of gentle flying fully loaded IRc600, iosd mini, GS datalink, GP3+ and it showed 77% battery left.

Personally will never use nukerc again due to the total lack of communication and pathetic order processing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 380

Members online

Forum statistics