P4P Plus can't see map / I believe issue has been resolved on its own

Not sure
which maps Litchi use, will see how it goes anyway.

....looking at a few Litchi map screens (from their website), it looks like they use Google; in fact, I can see the Google logo on a few of their map screen shots...also remember, if one wants to get the absolute best "aerial or satellite" imagery on their Android or iOS screens (say, down to 1 : 10,000 or even 1 : 5,000 scale view) just about anywhere on Earth, one is very limited to a handful of mapservers (only Google and Bing) that deliver ~0.4 meter resolution. There are a few mapserver cos. that deliver some "patched" 1 foot resolution (aerial photographed) quads, but not the whole USA, Canada and Europe...these aerial (read: not satellite) coverages are very few and far between = patchy = only important urban environments.

Q for Litchi users: ....Litchi writes on their website, "Compatible with Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 (Normal/Pro)". Does this mean that Litchi can replace/substitute DJI Go 4 completely on an Android and iOS phone ?? If Litchi can operate a P4P via an Android (like my Samsung S3, running Android 4.x), there would be no need for me to buy the P4P + integrated controller.

Last edited:
....looking at a few Litchi map screens (from their website), it looks like they use Google; in fact, I can see the Google logo on a few of their map screen shots...also remember, if one wants to get the absolute best "aerial or satellite" imagery on their Android or iOS screens (say, down to 1 : 10,000 or even 1 : 5,000 scale view) just about anywhere on Earth, one is very limited to a handful of mapservers (only Google and Bing) that deliver ~0.4 meter resolution. There are a few mapserver cos. that deliver some "patched" 1 foot resolution (aerial photographed) quads, but not the whole USA, Canada and Europe...these aerial (read: not satellite) coverages are very few and far between = patchy = only important urban environments.

Q for Litchi users: ....Litchi writes on their website, "Compatible with Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 (Normal/Pro)". Does this mean that Litchi can replace/substitute DJI Go 4 completely on an Android and iOS phone ?? If Litchi can operate a P4P via an Android (like my Samsung S3, running Android 4.x), there would be no need for me to buy the P4P + integrated controller.
Litchi will work on either platform on a P4P, but not on the P4P+.

Flew with Litchi today, flawless, I love it. Did a few missions and worked like it was supposed to. Maps were google maps
and loaded very quickly with great detail. Anyway I will be flying with the Litchi app from now on. Seems like a winning
app to me so far.
Cheers

Could multiple sources confirm if "Here" is loading close-in high resolution satellite images on the P4P + integrated controller now, without freezing?

Flew with Litchi today, flawless, I love it. Did a few missions and worked like it was supposed to. Maps were google maps

I have a quick question for you: what device are you using (Android or iOS) ? If its Android, what device model is it, and what what Android version? Also, do you have DJI Go 4 installed, too? Or, just Litchi ?

Thanks!!

Could multiple sources confirm if "Here" is loading close-in high resolution satellite images on the P4P + integrated controller now, without freezing?

I have a quick question for you: what device are you using (Android or iOS) ? If its Android, what device model is it, and what what Android version? Also, do you have DJI Go 4 installed, too? Or, just Litchi ?

Thanks!!
Im using an Android device, Its a Fusion 5 tablet. I only use this device for my phantom 3 adv. I do have both DJI Go and
Litchi installed. (not dji go 4). Anyway I like this 10 jn tablet, seems to be working fine with either app. I bought it
on Amazon. Here is the link. /www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FPWUT2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps,,,,

Thanks Mark.

Have you used Litchi on any Android device to test fly the P4 Pro yet?
No, I will at some point when I can afford a p4p but that will be a bit, lol... gotta let the bank account recover a while before that purchase. Also was just reading on Drone Life about the new DJI GS Pro app that is a free down load for IOS.
When they come out with an Android version I will get that one for sure to try. It looks like they are now going to give
Litchi a run for their money. Check that app out if you have an Apple device. I think that the future for us droners is
looking bright! Cool stuff...
Mark

Thanks!!
I checked mine day before yesterday, and the maps were at the numerical street address level, something even Google maps don't display! :cool:

Check that app out if you have an Apple device. I think that the future for us droners is
looking bright! Cool stuff...

....oh ya. I did some reading on it, and came to the conclusion that I would need to process the photos into 3D / 2D maps myself (using something like Visual SFM, and Meshlab; then manually georeferencing the entire stitched map in post). Looks interesting if DJI creates an Android version, for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart