P4P Plus can't see map / I believe issue has been resolved on its own

Depends where you live in the world and what maps are available for your area. If you look at the satellite view and then scroll to the nearest large city area your map should become detailed. As was noted above... these are not the best sat view maps for all areas.
Yes, it's also possible that Here doesn't provide very good satellite detail for the area you happen to be looking at. But I'm comparing Here vs. Google at my current location and if what I'm seeing is the best Here can do then it's simply pathetic and users need to demand that DJI go back to Google as a map vendor.

I'm all of a sudden having the same issue.... I used to get excellent detail, not no detail what so ever.... I used to be able to cache maps in very good detail.... not any more?

But this problem is android related? On my iOS devices I still get google maps...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I live close to Boston and the here maps won't load. It's a crappy decision by DJI to change vendors. I'm sure it was a financial decision and it really sucks!! While using Litchi you get the old google maps. unfortunately I cannot focus on Litchi on Android, so I cannot use it.

I'd much rather Google Maps over Here Maps. Possibly Here is going into partnership with DJI and will develop their map service to provide better support for drone users.

Reminds me of when Apple decided to bring in their own map service and dump Google as the native map service on iOS.

Plus, it should be easy enough to make a menu item to pick between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Here's your Android fix,,,,,,
on your android devices go into Settings/Apps/DJI GO4/ Permissions/Disable "Storage"
Device will automatically revert to Google maps instead of the HERE junk.

I just tried that Android fix and it killed my DJI go app. I put it back and now it works. (latest Android 6.01 I think)

I just tried that Android fix and it killed my DJI go app. I put it back and now it works. (latest Android 6.01 I think)
For some reason it killed mine the 1st time too. Also the Android device didn't keep the settings until I disabled app overlays. Rebooted everything and it kept the settings and continued to work. I'm still enjoying Google maps so far.

I tried some more and could not get it to work. I got to see the "clear" view just for an instant, then the app died. I tried to restart and the app never started after that. Maybe it works with a different Android version? I have 6.0.1

I'm guessing it won't work as o doubt google maps is even accessible on the + unit. It may work with native android devices as they have the google maps app loaded on them, where's the + will not. But fingers crossed !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For some reason it killed mine the 1st time too. Also the Android device didn't keep the settings until I disabled app overlays. Rebooted everything and it kept the settings and continued to work. I'm still enjoying Google maps so far.

IT WORKED, no really it did. First time using galaxy s6.
Thanks

I have 6.0.1 on an Nvidia Shield tablet. I think the reason I had to disable the app overlays was because ES File Explorer app was trying to run over the top of the settings page and wouldn't register my finger inputs to slide the storage slider off in the GO 4 app. Yes there was an int_map.ini error but it didn't affect the operation of anything and the maps loaded just fine. Freakin fast to be honest.
Sorry plus pilots, I have no idea what your OS looks like so I can't help there.

Same thing with my p3a, the Here maps are hit and miss as far as working. I thought it was just me not knowing
where to resolve the problem, did reinstall of DJI Go and cache maps from google on my tablet, etc, no joy,,,,
Then they started working again, then stopped working again yesterday ( 12/30/16),,, There is a definite problem
with the Here Maps. This needs to be resolved or DJI needs to go back to google maps....

And by the way I do have access to hi speed internet connection so that is not the problem for sure as google
maps loads just fine on my android tab... And Happy New Year pilots!

I hate to say it. I have the same problem with crappy satellite resolution recently and have gone back and forth with DJI support. Their response is...

"About this issue, if you are using an android mobile device try to download a lower version of DJI Go App. You just need to search in google the "DJI Go App APK" and you will see the lower version of the app that you can download".

Very disappointing. Using Litchi exclusively now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart