P4P Plus can't see map / I believe issue has been resolved on its own

Reaction score
I can't get detailed satellite mapping while zooming in. I've get Standard view on the app the other 2 won't work, hybrid and satellite. I tried to refresh air craft downgraded, also restore the RC with screen and stays with the same issue any help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am seeing the same thing, Satellite and Hybrid will not refine the map, all I get is a very blurry picture with absolutely no definition to it. Unfortunately I have no other DJI products to compare against, just this p4p+ so I am hoping someone might have an answer.

Do you have an active internet connection? I've noticed that detailed satellite imagery doesn't seem to be cached (probably due to large files size of the many necessary tiles) as does the street map info. I believe this is a characteristic of the DJI GO app, not the P4P+ specifically. So without an active Internet connection when you drill the satellite imagery down to its highest detail you will need an Internet connection to load it. When in the field if you tether the P4P+ to your cellphone in hotspot mode then it works fine (or at least mine does.)

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
I did have a good high speed connection at the time, but I am going to check things out again today and see what I can figure out. Thanks smiller, you are a huge help to us newbies especially, thanks for all your patience with us!

I did have a good high speed connection at the time, but I am going to check things out again today and see what I can figure out.
You may not have been connected via WiFi to the cellphone hotspot. I'd just double-check that and once you are connected it should work fine.

I have the same issue and I was just outside my home where i could maintain wifi connection.... Also allowed the unit to sit outside for at least 5 - 10 minutes to allow time for the details to load, never did.

I have tried many things but the maps won't just load it'll sit there over 20 min right next to my router won't load [emoji51]

6cb7101bc19ddf5696354a1fa68217be.jpg

Last edited:
That is what I am seeing too, I sure hope someone that knows how to troubleshoot such things can help out here

I think I may have discovered the problem. It seems that DJI GO uses a new map vendor ('Here', instead of Google) and even when using the Here app (bypassing DJI GO entirely) I am noticing that download of detailed satellite imagery seems very unreliable, so it seems that the problem may not be the P4P+ or DJI GO at all but rather the Here servers.

I'm not sure why DJI went from Google maps (by far the best in the industry) to Here. A financial decision?

You definitely need an active data connection for the remote to be connected to, either wifi or hotspot.

Apparently if you toggle the two map options on and off which are in regards to mainland china, that will fix it.

Well tried switching settings but nothing changed, its all blurred
Yes. Again, try installing the 'Here' app on any mobile device and viewing satellite imagery, you will (intermittently) have the same problem. If the problem is with Here itself then no amount of fiddling with DJI GO settings will make a difference.

Yes. Again, try installing the 'Here' app on any mobile device and viewing satellite imagery, you will (intermittently) have the same problem. If the problem is with Here itself then no amount of fiddling with DJI GO settings will make a difference.
Thinking hold tight maybe update?

Well if the service provider (Here) is the problem then it's up to them to fix it, but the problem seems serious enough that I would think it would get priority. I'm not sure there's much to do but wait it out.
What are your thoughts on others going to older google maps? Could you do that on the p4p+?

The use of Here is inherent in DJI Go 4 and can't be changed as far as I know, so that is what we are stuck with for both the P4P and P4P+.

Depends where you live in the world and what maps are available for your area. If you look at the satellite view and then scroll to the nearest large city area your map should become detailed. As was noted above... these are not the best sat view maps for all areas.

Sent from my SM-P550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers