P3S for £35 on eBay surely not.

eBay doesn't offer a guarantee so people can try dumb things.

Why does eBay offer a guarantee?

I was sure it was to protect people from being scammed. But I guess I could be wrong.

Not all scams are obvious. Nor are all great deals. Nor is all this after the fact info available at the time of auction.

When spooky discovered the auction there weren't 100's sold, or any more than a couple for sale, and less time to react for anyone that may be new or willing to take a chance.

Just sayin'... there are a lot of ways to look at anything before assuming the masses have lost their common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Too cold here in Missouri to fly so this at least gives me something to do. Heading to eBay in a minute, heard someone was selling iPad Minis for $28!!!

Reactions: Electro32
Yea! Like some guy on utube (not that I believe everything I see on utube). He "bought a samsung phone for $228" and the guy sent him a bunch of other things "by accident".

GOT SCAMMED ON EBAY BUT SO HAPPY

But the thing is that there are lots of videos on utube like that so most are probably not true.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Jeeeeesus Christ that guy talks so slow. It was over 8 minutes before he even opened the box

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Reactions: DARLAK
Why does eBay offer a guarantee?
I was sure it was to protect people from being scammed.

If you aren't being facetious, I don't think there is any explanation that is going to help here.

Not all scams are obvious.

No, but this one was. The rest of this diatribe was just straw man-like arguments.

Just sayin'... there are a lot of ways to look at anything before assuming the masses have lost their common sense.

There are lots of ways. Critical thinking helps you weed most of them out.

I'm not try to vilify anyone here, I'm just advocating for the use of common sense.

Reactions: Patoomey
It doesn't matter what your OPINION is. The fact is is that they will still get the money back. The Ebay guarantee doesn't include the phrase "unless you knew it was too good to be true."

Sure, I didn't say it wouldn't be covered under eBay's policy. I agree, it will.

An actuary would be able to better explain the law of unintended consequences than I.

I'm not try to vilify anyone here, I'm just advocating for the use of common sense.

...and I'm just having fun with it.

I've been around long enough to know that no, there is no free lunch. eBay will get their money back, but through increased listing fees or advertising revenue which will ultimately be passed on to the consumer... because EVERYTHING is ultimately passed on to the consumer. That's ME.

I just saw too many people get a little too serious in what was otherwise a lighthearted thread, and wanted to play along.

We have guys here eating popcorn for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I got SHIP NOTIFICATION!!!!!!! on my order of odor eaters from Amazon......

Well, after laughing and reading to see if anyone actually received a phantom, I had this anxiety of clicking on the link to buy one but it slowly started fading away after the first page :joycat:. A couple of months ago I found a nutri bullet with 12 accessories for $11 and it was only one available, bought it and three days later we had a brand new nutri bullet! The best $11 I've ever spent. Thought this was going to go that route until someone mentioned many units were sold.

Have to say,I ordered the phantom because only 1 had been sold at the time.Took a punt as I was never in danger of loosing money and the only negative from my point of view, is that the scammer will ultimately end up with a lot of money that is not rightfully his

Reactions: Electro32

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl