P3S for £35 on eBay surely not.

It is sad that eBay may have been stung with this, but full points to them for their customer service. I've never had to call them before… The call was very quick, very easy, and very polite. There's typically a three day wait to see if the buyer responds, but we knew they wouldn't… And so did they.

Not only did they waive the three day waiting period, but the refund was expected to be 48 hours and I had it by the end of the day after the call.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: phantomAlex
Guys I'm having problems when filling out the dispute form on paypal, after I submit the form it shows me this Screenshot

I have tried about 7 times with same results. Has anyone else got this? I have messaged paypal and wait their answer.

Not only did they waive the three day waiting period, but the refund was expected to be 48 hours and I had it by the end of the day after the call.
Did you contact ebay for refund? The email said to contact the payment company, in my case being paypal!

Did you contact ebay for refund? The email said to contact the payment company, in my case being paypal!

Yes I did contact eBay directly, by phone.

It was exceptionally simple... after a couple quick questions to make sure you are you, they can see immediately what you are talking about without even asking... they process everything immediately and do not require you to do anything else at all.

I also paid through PayPal but did not have to contact PayPal. I did not open a dispute, I did not wait 3 days for anything.

Just one phone call, to eBay.

I won't post the number I called here in case it's different for you but I just went to eBay's web site and found the 800 number.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

It is sad that eBay may have been stung with this,

Still feel bad? If this guy buys a new Ferrari, it would be like one of us buying a pack of gum.

upload_2017-2-16_16-9-45.png

So I rang ebay this morning and they told me I had to ring back later when the UK ebay dept was open because I had to talk to the UK ebay, so I did and long story short (because I rang 3 more times) I have to wait for 8 days before ebay steps in to give me a refund, which the lady did assure me I will get the refund, we just have to wait 8 days.

The wait doesn't bother me but I did find it amusing that jwmcgrath had a completely different result.

All good and this does again remind us of the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"

Agreed. Seems everyone has to have this experience at least once in their lives before they realise!

The wait doesn't bother me but I did find it amusing that jwmcgrath had a completely different result.

All good and this does again remind us of the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"

Sorry to hear it wasn't as easy and seamless for you.

I can't say I'm "surprised", because I'm actually a little more surprised that mine went as smoothly as it did. And oddly enough, I'm no more in UK than you are, nor am I in the US where one would expect stronger support (I'm in Canada)... so we can't even assume it's a "country" thing.

I was fully expecting to have to open a dispute and endure the mandatory waits...

In any case I'm sure you'll be fine, but let us know when it's done!

Reactions: Solly747400

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl