P3s aftermarket battery

I hear that if I would have known I would not have purchased it

Where are you located ? If you are ever in Toronto you can try it in one of my p3's ... I'm sure it's probably going to work just as good if not better. That was my experiences with the p3. I would check if anything different shows up in the DJI go app . And if it upgrades properly .. I'd say fly it ... That's just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice thanks p3p Canada I am in NJ tho. Appreciate the offer. I'm telling you was so tempted but just couldn't do it. Lol

Did you try to update the firmware ? How did it show up in the app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All I did was pop it in the p3 and the firmware alert popped up immediately

It's funny how fellow drone owners would encourage me to fly my drone with that battery instead of advice like everyone else but I guess everyone is not the same... good luck to u good sir. And thank you to those who gave me advice
You asked how you could detetmine if it was ok to fly with. I cant think of any other way to test. I wasnt suggesting a distance record attempt. Rather, close to home and carefully while monitiring the performance. You will soon get a feel as to how it compares in oerformance to gen DJI and if you trust it.

Try the firmware update while you have it at least !!, nothing to lose

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was just caught off guard with the battery and before I trash my investment I took the advice of the majority. I just want to be safe while flying I do not want to crash or hurt someone or destroy someone's property. So I will stick with ONLY DJI products

Updating the firmware before returning it won't hurt ... Give it a shot and let us know !!

I just this morning shipped back the $99 battery to Amazon for refund. Received it, Charged it, Plugged it into my P3S, and all I got at the top of the DJI GO App was a flashing " Overcharge/Discharge". Would even let me try to fire up the bird. IMHO, you're better off sticking with the DJI battery.

I did the same shipped it back and already purchased the real deal...

i personally wouldnt touch a non OEM dji battery. I know the original batteries are stupidly expensive but would you put your most valuble asset ( ithink we all know what im talking about and its nothing to do with phantoms) in something your not 100% sure about because i have before and believe me it aint worth the risk!!:eek:

I understand what you are saying, but for what it is worth:
with my p2 plus and P2 I had 5 batteries

2 dji, 2 limefuel 6000, and another non dji 6000.

ALL worked fine and all still worked fine when I sold the quads.
to be honest though when I flew the plus I used only the limefuel 6000 and did so over the ocean. I trusted them completely.

non dji batteries in p2 was not an issue!

I have 2 p3's now.
I just got a new dji battery today to replace a brand new (1 charge, 5 flights) DJI battery I got last month. (Quit using )
so out of 4 P3 DJI OEM batteries I have today only 3 are good
1 failed almost immediately.
Not very good percentage.

props to BH as they replaced the battery for me at no cost

How did it fail? it shows 100% at take off and within minutes is showing well under 3.7 per cell with a variance of .10 top cel to bottom.
cel 1 3.70
cel 2 3.77
cel 3 3.79
cel 4 3.80

at 3 or 4 minutes it will go red simply flying with minor throttle up. discharger, recharge no matter 1 cel is bad.

so when I find a non oem battery that can be verified to update FW, I will try it.

I just this morning shipped back the $99 battery to Amazon for refund. Received it, Charged it, Plugged it into my P3S, and all I got at the top of the DJI GO App was a flashing " Overcharge/Discharge". Would even let me try to fire up the bird. IMHO, you're better off sticking with the DJI battery.

Thanks for the update and info!

darn, I was hoping ...

Be advised: My VENOM battery does not do auto-discharge. It just sits there at 100% for weeks on end. Great battery, no problems - except this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT