P3s aftermarket battery

I understand what you are saying, but for what it is worth:
with my p2 plus and P2 I had 5 batteries

2 dji, 2 limefuel 6000, and another non dji 6000.

ALL worked fine and all still worked fine when I sold the quads.
to be honest though when I flew the plus I used only the limefuel 6000 and did so over the ocean. I trusted them completely.

non dji batteries in p2 was not an issue!

I have 2 p3's now.
I just got a new dji battery today to replace a brand new (1 charge, 5 flights) DJI battery I got last month. (Quit using )
so out of 4 P3 DJI OEM batteries I have today only 3 are good
1 failed almost immediately.
Not very good percentage.

props to BH as they replaced the battery for me at no cost

How did it fail? it shows 100% at take off and within minutes is showing well under 3.7 per cell with a variance of .10 top cel to bottom.
cel 1 3.70
cel 2 3.77
cel 3 3.79
cel 4 3.80

at 3 or 4 minutes it will go red simply flying with minor throttle up. discharger, recharge no matter 1 cel is bad.

so when I find a non oem battery that can be verified to update FW, I will try it.

Amen !!! My p2v+ batteries were decent .. But my lime fuel ones were top notch !!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It wouldn't even let me try to run an update. It just kept flashing "Overcharge/Discharge". I left it like that for over 30 minutes and then began to worry that it would hurt my P3S circuitry. So I attempted to power it off (which it wouldn't) and ended up just pulling it out. It continued to flash on the battery all night long until it finally crapped out.

Like I said, not worth it. stick with the O.E.M. stuff. You can get the originals for $120 plus free shipping if you shop around. $21 in my opinion is well worth knowing it's going to work.

A tell tell sign of the specific battery I received is that it has a bird type foot print instead of the rectangular power indicator bars. I really don't know how else to describe them. Hope that helps. In fact, here's the link of the one I purchased....
Amazon.com: DJI P3 4500mAh Intelligent Battery for Phantom 3 Drones Uav(white)- For Phantom3 Standard/Professional/Advanced: Toys & Games

Same led shape as the inspire 1. I think bangood was selling these real cheap.

Yea sorry I only got as far as putting it in the bird and opening the app It asked me to download firmware but I didn't and I did not attempt to start the motors. I just had a feeling in my stomach and I feel so much better now that I got rid of the battery.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some people think the sky is falling if you use a non DJI Battery. The only difference in a DJI battery and an after market is the price. Think of all the after market accessories we add to our Phantoms without much thought (propellers, Gimbal protectors, lights, transmission extenders, etc). Yet when it comes to a battery the "chicken little" syndrome begins.

If you're concerned... Charge up an after market battery, update its firmware and take it for some low hover flight time. If it hovers for 20 mins or so with no problem then all is well and you've save some cash to buy something else for your bird.

DJI doesn't make batteries .. They source the cells and have them assembled and slap their little board on top.
The only issue I would have is if the aircraft keeps a log of the serial # of the battery or something allowing DJI to blame it on a non OEM battery. But if the firmware update was successful that means that essentially the aircraft doesn't know if it's a DJI branded battery or something else which means no warranty issue.

You're assuming the aftermarket battery will actually let you do the aforementioned. In this case, it wouldn't. I don't know if it's a bad supplier or an isolated bad battery. Either way, it's not worth the $21 difference to me to take the chance anymore. I'm all for finding a less expensive way of powering my bird, but not at the cost of my bird.

Yours wouldn't ... Bronx may have.

I also received a generic battery I bought off amazon that was listed as dji that i have to send back.

p3 generic bat.jpg
p3 generic bat.jpg

Yup that's the exactly what I had

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try to update the FW for us Orion !! Before you send it back .. And screenshot the battery page on DJI go app

Some people think the sky is falling if you use a non DJI Battery. The only difference in a DJI battery and an after market is the price. Think of all the after market accessories we add to our Phantoms without much thought (propellers, Gimbal protectors, lights, transmission extenders, etc). Yet when it comes to a battery the "chicken little" syndrome begins.

If you're concerned... Charge up an after market battery, update its firmware and take it for some low hover flight time. If it hovers for 20 mins or so with no problem then all is well and you've save some cash to buy something else for your bird.
What are you basing this information on!! How do you know they are exactly the same.You cant compare an after market battery to props,lights protectors its not even the same league!! You are giving mis-guided advice here. I have plenty of cash to buy oem's but dont agree with the price they are selling them at,and please tell me what the hell is the "chicken little syndrome" as i cant be arsed to google it!!

A tell tell sign of the specific battery I received is that it has a bird type foot print instead of the rectangular power indicator bars. I really don't know how else to describe them. Hope that helps. In fact, here's the link of the one I purchased....
Amazon.com: DJI P3 4500mAh Intelligent Battery for Phantom 3 Drones Uav(white)- For Phantom3 Standard/Professional/Advanced: Toys & Games
I just followed the Amazon link above and clicked on the supplier link...

Lucky you didn't get a pair of these thrown in.... LOL.

certainly a mixed bag of products from that supplier..... Amazon.com: Offitar Men's Sexy Low Rise Mesh See Through Breathable Boxer Underwear Briefs: Clothing

You probably made a good call returning the battery.

Chances are it may well have been fine.

Could have ended a bit like aftermarket print cartridges though. They print like gen but when/if there is a problem warranty will be a saga.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj