P3s aftermarket battery

Reaction score
Hey guys just found a p3 battery on Amazon for $99 when I received it I noticed it was an aftermarket battery and not and official dji battery will this be a problem?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You're going to get a mixed bag of replies. I use non-DJI batteries on my P2V+ and had zero problems. In fact, IMHO they preform better then then the DJI batteries. I haven't tried any on my P3's.

Hey guys just found a p3 battery on Amazon for $99 when I received it I noticed it was an aftermarket battery and not and official dji battery will this be a problem?

Should not be a problem. I've purchased after market batteries for the Phantom 2 and Phantom 3. Since they are intelligent batteries for charging & discharging there should be no issues other than perhaps trying to fit them into your drone... sometimes after market batteries are a hair thicker than stock batteries.

I would be highly skeptical of using it, especially if they didn't make it clear it was an aftermarket knock-off prior to ordering. Not that there can't be a decent aftermarket battery, but there are an incredible number of sub-par counterfeit batteries on the market for all devices. It's one thing if your laptop or cell phone shuts down early because of a cheap knock-off battery. For your Phantom the results can be catastrophic.

Is there a way I can find out if the battery i purchased is ok to fly my bird with

As soon as I put the new battery in my bird it asked me to download a new firmware is this normal?

Reactions: LWC1496
The P3 battery has firmware. If your aftermarket doesn't, you may be out of luck. I personally wouldn't try anything but a DJI battery. I wouldn't want my drone crashing or catching on fire because I wanted to save a few dollars.

As soon as I put the new battery in my bird it asked me to download a new firmware is this normal?

Keep the FW bin file on SD card and let us know if it updates the battery FW.

Last edited:
i personally wouldnt touch a non OEM dji battery. I know the original batteries are stupidly expensive but would you put your most valuble asset ( ithink we all know what im talking about and its nothing to do with phantoms) in something your not 100% sure about because i have before and believe me it aint worth the risk!!:eek:

I would have tested it several times by now, it's on your hands so .. then let us know was it a problem or not. As others said, i'm also sticking with original ones but now we must know how it performs. If the p3 drops i promise to thumb up your report and deliver a very sad smiley-emoticon for your loss! win-win, good luck! :tearsofjoy:

As I said before I ordered the battery on Amazon I did not know it was an aftermarket. It is on its way back where it came from and I already bought one at Best Buy

Reactions: Dirty Bird
As I said before I ordered the battery on Amazon I did not know it was an aftermarket. It is on its way back where it came from and I already bought one at Best Buy
I personally think you made the right decision.

Reactions: Bronx_Bomber
It's funny how fellow drone owners would encourage me to fly my drone with that battery instead of advice like everyone else but I guess everyone is not the same... good luck to u good sir. And thank you to those who gave me advice

As said, i would have definately tested it in your case. I'm too curious but i won't spend money to get anything else than dji-branded.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj