P3s aftermarket battery

I got a non DJI battery as a gift, which I feel would be poor form to return. So I've been playing with it. It looks like the banggood one with the inspire looking LED's. It has been great so far. Hover and flight times are on par and usually even slightly longer than my dji battery with probably 15 cycles on it. Firmware updated normally. I've been hesitant to trust it completely till I've used it a little more but I have absolutely no issues with it so far. Time will tell but I think I will use it without hesitation from now on.

I got a non DJI battery as a gift, which I feel would be poor form to return. So I've been playing with it. It looks like the banggood one with the inspire looking LED's. It has been great so far. Hover and flight times are on par and usually even slightly longer than my dji battery with probably 15 cycles on it. Firmware updated normally. I've been hesitant to trust it completely till I've used it a little more but I have absolutely no issues with it so far. Time will tell but I think I will use it without hesitation from now on.

How does it show up in the DJI Go app ? Any chance you could snap a screenshot for me and send it to me ?

Also, do you use healthy drones ? I'm wondering what serial # shows up in the flight log info

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How does it show up in the DJI Go app ? Any chance you could snap a screenshot for me and send it to me ?

Also, do you use healthy drones ? I'm wondering what serial # shows up in the flight log info

Here's a screenshot from healthy drones. I'll try and remember to get one next time I use it with the DJI go app.

Attachments

• 1455420416331.jpg
    1455420416331.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 311
Just reading that updated gopro app detects the non-dji battery and says flight is prohibited so these are unusable, anyone found a solution?

Just reading that updated gopro app detects the non-dji battery and says flight is prohibited so these are unusable, anyone found a solution?

This only seems to happen in GO android, I keep using one on IOs with no trouble. Works the same as DJI's. Using third-part apps also seems to be possible.

Bang good had updated the page about the battery / app issue

34ae9e1218ea2d629d825b597ef7c169.jpg

Bang good had updated the page about the battery / app issue

34ae9e1218ea2d629d825b597ef7c169.jpg

Wow.....

Bang Good has quite a set of marbles telling you "Don't Upgrade your Phantom 3".
These batteries shouldn't be sold if they're not 100% compatible, IMHO.

On a positive note.... the "Can I use an aftermarket battery" threads might slow down....

Never mind, what was I thinkin'...

They were 100% compatible until DJI tried to block them with a sneaky Go 2.61 update that was claimed to be - Add Support for Zenmuse XT

They were 100% compatible until DJI tried to block them with a sneaky Go 2.61 update that was claimed to be - Add Support for Zenmuse XT

I understand the DJI sneak factor... Bang Good's 'fix' for it is, well, questionable... IF there are any safety related updates, they're
saying (in effect) don't update... There seems to be a liability issue there....

The aftermarket batteries are fine , DJI is just trying to keep their "ecosystem" sterile.

The cells are most likely manufactured in the same facility.

I understand both points of view.

If I was going to do a split pack battery mod I would be using a bang good battery because all the "dji" parts are scrapped in the process and you are just left with the cells which are generic

I think DJI left Bang Good and likely others in a tight spot. DJI change log says only - Add Support for Zenmuse XT.
We now know that is not true. Will there be anything we want in future Go App updates? Who knows?
I now have my tablet on manual update.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20