Wow great flight! That altitude is awesome! If i can ask, what battery did you use?
Definitely not a stock battery, nor a stock P4 aircraft. It's heavily modified to remove unneeded weight to be able to carry two giant external batteries!
Well done! :cool:

Reactions: UnknownCaller
This leaderboard is sponsored by Maxx UAV. For all your signal and range improvement needs, check out maxxuav.com

USA Customers: maxxuav.com
Canada Customers: maxxuav.ca
Europe Customers: maxxuav.eu

Each store ships world wide!

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

This is furthest distance from home, not total flight distance. If I miss your post, send me a PM.

1. Unknown Caller - 58,568 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
2. dirtybum - 55,068 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. FLPTFLYER - 47,878 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
4. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
5. Fanti - 44,528 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
6. ray rokni - 44,268 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
7. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
8. Cloud Chaser - 43,061 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
9. YoungBlood - 37,208 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod, 7 Years Old
10. josephtarlecky - 36,653 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
12. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
13. MrMiagi - 27,224 ft - Windsurfers
14. Fallguy - 26,747 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
15. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
16. ftttu - 26,243 ft - Windsurfers
17. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 26,042 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
18. TheLightSpeedz - 25,450.3 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
19. Liberty724 - 25,134 ft - Stock
20. DanielMyst777 - 24,935 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
21. r62ewa - 23,917 ft - Windsurfers
22. KykPhantom - 23,400 ft - Stock
23. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
24. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
25. BriRi - 22,389 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
26. Bckmstr - 22,199 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
27. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
28. Ignacio Perez-Navarro - 22,120 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
29. diajavier - 22,047 ft
30. ringolong - 21,586 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

Definitely not a stock battery, nor a stock P4 aircraft. It's heavily modified to remove unneeded weight to be able to carry two giant external batteries!
Well done! :cool:
Actually buddy I had it redone the shell cracked it's basically stock believe it or not.

Attachments

• IMG_20170205_090953.jpg
    IMG_20170205_090953.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 328
I promise you guys if you have a battery mod on your Phantom 4 then you have essentially exact same drone I do. Before the shell cracked it had a few grams of weight shaved off of it but now is basically stock.

If any of you plan on running a twin multi-star 4000 battery mod make sure you turn active braking all the way down and be real easy on the sticks when starting to move forward and especially slowing down. If you don't active braking will snap your shell on the back to Arms right above the motor mounts. It's 640 grams of weight the bird flies it no problem it just wasn't designed to stop with all that weight.

If any of you plan on running a twin multi-star 4000 battery mod make sure you turn active braking all the way down and be real easy on the sticks when starting to move forward and especially slowing down. If you don't active braking will snap your shell on the back to Arms right above the motor mounts. It's 640 grams of weight the bird flies it no problem it just wasn't designed to stop with all that weight.
I'll second that motion! Had my shell break in two on my P4 with twin MaxAmp 2800's! Right rear motor dangling from the wires! Thanks for the minimizing active braking tip! Could have saved my bird!

I promise you guys if you have a battery mod on your Phantom 4 then you have essentially exact same drone I do. Before the shell cracked it had a few grams of weight shaved off of it but now is basically stock.
My bad! Sorry. I misunderstood one of your prior posts. You are our hero!:cool:

Thanks Gadget guy. I'm going to keep trying to different battery configuration see what works best. I'll share everything I come up with.
Cool! You set the bar for what is possible! I also certainly wouldn't consider using any additional benefit from a P4P battery to be "cheating" at this time. The P4P battery is a now stock option for the P4, designed for both aircraft. Every little bit helps! I'm getting almost the same flight time using a P4P battery alone in the P4, as I was with all the hassle of the external batteries I was using with the stock P4 battery.

Cool! You set the bar for what is possible! I also certainly wouldn't consider using any additional benefit from a P4P battery to be "cheating" at this time. The P4P battery is a now stock option for the P4, designed for both aircraft. Every little bit helps! I'm getting almost the same flight time using a P4P battery alone in the P4, as I was with all the hassle of the external batteries I was using with the stock P4 battery.
I wanted to give out my battery mod to level the playing field. Makes it more fun.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Amazing altitude! I might have to break my terminator extreme back out,I've never tried it on the P4.
I know that altitude looks ridiculous but Lake Okeechobee is the best place I've ever flown at. I think me and James are planning some type of Meetup eventually maybe you could come down for a weekend and fly with us the signal strength at this Lake is unreal really gives you an advantage over any place else you can fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey guys last time I posted I gave out what saddlebag batteries I was using. Multistar 4000 X2 is just to heavy for the P4. I have already rebroken my shell after having it fixed once already. No matter how careful you are trying to fly this much weight eventually the shell will break. 640 grams is just too much for the Phantom 4. Honestly there might be a better combination out there then what I am using anyway with that new P4 Pro battery. Maybe something smaller will work better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart