I got cracks on my P4 carrying too much weight also. As well as motor errors.The shell seems stiffer than the p3. Maybe less forgiving. I tried the thunderpowers because they're lighter, but they offer crap in flight time on the P4. Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I got cracks on my P4 carrying too much weight also. As well as motor errors.The shell seems stiffer than the p3. Maybe less forgiving. I tried the thunderpowers because they're lighter, but they offer crap in flight time on the P4. Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Is it me or does it seem like Jake doesn't update this leaderboard anymore?

Hey guys last time I posted I gave out what saddlebag batteries I was using. Multistar 4000 X2 is just to heavy for the P4. I have already rebroken my shell after having it fixed once already. No matter how careful you are trying to fly this much weight eventually the shell will break. 640 grams is just too much for the Phantom 4. Honestly there might be a better combination out there then what I am using anyway with that new P4 Pro battery. Maybe something smaller will work better.
Thanks for the update. Two 2800 mAh MaxAmps clock in at 495g total. As I recall, you have also used them in the past. I cracked my P4 shell with them, too, but it took almost 200 flights. Somewhere between 500 and 640 grams must be the safety zone. :cool:

Thanks for the update. Two 2800 mAh MaxAmps clock in at 495g total. As I recall, you have also used them in the past. I cracked my P4 shell with them, too, but it took almost 200 flights. Somewhere between 500 and 640 grams must be the safety zone. :cool:
you over pack those Max Amps batteries right? If you over pack those 2800 you can get an extra 500 mah out of them

I was just trying to get more info on overpacking lipos. How do you actually do it??

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You just need an LIHV charger. It will charge the batteries to 4.35 per cell instead of 4.20.
I didn't realize that! Good to know! :cool: How does that work out with preventing the external batteries from trying to charge the internal battery, as soon as you connect them, which causes the internal battery to shutoff, until the externals are at a lower voltage than the internal battery? :confused:

61,308 ft. and back with the P4. Horizon Terminator Extreme boosted. This is a repost guys. Jake has been busy lately I just want to make it easier on him when he gets around to updating the leaderboard. @JakeMaxxUAV

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486337148780.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486337148780.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 481
  • FB_IMG_1486345318573.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486345318573.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 451
  • FB_IMG_1486345324882.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486345324882.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot_2017-02-05-18-22-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-05-18-22-54.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
love that panel phxbird! great flight on the p4!
edit: dang its hot in AZ already eh? Max Bat Temp 163.3°f!
well it was only 85 air temp. 22% hum. but with that sun beating down on it. I could of fitted breakfast on the battery after wards. I'm not sure what the deal is with the signal ?

Care to elaborate a little on that Cisco panel?
as to why I used the cisco panel instead of something else. It was on Ebay cheap, It had two leads that I needed and it was the ghz for my need. It did have 36 inch cables. I replaced them with a different cable and cut it down to about 6 inches. Nice thing is I can use for P3 or P4. Proof is in the range I'm getting. 160 ft at 5 miles...I still had signal just no more battery.

How did you change the wire ?
unsoldered it from the panels inside. fairy easy. I'm not sure what I gained from shorting the cables. and using a better cable. I figured having one connection is better then two. I was thinking on putting a sma connector in the back. so you would have one connection there and one to the controller.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Well I was out in the heat today. well this morning about 7am. air temp was 85 f. At what point does the battery just say **** It and blow up.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Can I get a ruling on this. It got to be a record.:confused::eek::(
I may call it Walter because it's cooking.
Max Bat Temp = 179.5°f (81.9°C) .. dang man you coulda cooked an egg on that. Never seen one that high before!

edit nice distance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers