Been long time boys 10.537 miles and back with the P4 and Max Range Panel. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Nice to see you back flyin the little birds again! **** I'm here in Iowa with winter weather and you Florida boys are passing me up. Great flight Keith. That's a tough one to beat. I tried a few times to top my 55, gotten 50 to 54 and a lot of ditch landings. Believe me I know what kind of batteries it takes to take the P4 55K, and we're lucky anytime it comes back from that far with that much weight[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: UnknownCaller
11.093 miles 58,568 ft. and back with the P4 and the Max Range unboosted!!!

IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0196.JPG HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

All right now you're just showing off[emoji41]
Kiddin man, Great flight!
you have tapped into some kind of magic that I have not found yet.I better get back to the drawing board.

Reactions: UnknownCaller
you have tapped into some kind of magic that I have not found yet.I better get back to the drawing board.

Thanks Dirty I am trying to run down the over all Phantom record. I think with the right conditions I can get 60k

Reactions: Digdat0
two days smashed two world record amazing.
Thanks man I just have a really good bird. Big Chuck from DBSmods.com built it for me. He did some custom weight reduction, , power mod and a few other things. He's the best DJI drone modifier in the business. I have three World Records with drones that he has modified for me. He has complete Phantom 4 drones moded just like mine for sale.

Last edited:
Flew 6856m ( 22493ft) out across the ocean to reach an island in the distance.

turned around at 63%
Freaked out when i saw the return speed was about half the speed i had when flying out!

Just made it back with 0% left and cancelling autolanding the last few mins

This was the scariest flight i.ve ever done

So for my stock bird with windsurfers, this is the furthest return trip it can do
Screenshot_20170122-135512.jpg

Flew 6856m ( 22493ft) out across the ocean to reach an island in the distance.

turned around at 63%
Freaked out when i saw the return speed was about half the speed i had when flying out!

Just made it back with 0% left and cancelling autolanding the last few mins

This was the scariest flight i.ve ever done

So for my stock bird with windsurfers, this is the furthest return trip it can do
View attachment 74173
Good job! Ive been close to zero, just not at it like you. Ive been below 5% about 4 times now, but I was freaking out each time, not ever wanting to...but I did.

Ive gotten away from distance runs for a while after getting into Litchi waypoint missions, but I will eventually get back so I can move up the leader board.

Always go the headwind leg first! [emoji16]

Also, you might've gained a bit more range by trying different altitudes as well. Wind is definitely NOT the same at different altitudes and you can also get some limited ground effect benefit if you're willing to get low (just not TOO low...)

I've been playing with sport vs normal ("P") mode to see whether the higher horizontal speed of sport mode yields better ranges or not. My hypothesis is that it will (same current draw, higher speed, longer distance achievable) but I haven't collected enough hard data on it yet. It's also tricky to get low in "S" mode since your altitude readings are... *ahem* not always reliable for precision work (you're talking about a situation where every 1' or 1m matters a lot).

My long range experimentation is over sandy beaches, NOT open water too!

Glad you made it back without testing "Submersible" mode!

Always go the headwind leg first! [emoji16]

Also, you might've gained a bit more range by trying different altitudes as well. Wind is definitely NOT the same at different altitudes and you can also get some limited ground effect benefit if you're willing to get low (just not TOO low...)

I've been playing with sport vs normal ("P") mode to see whether the higher horizontal speed of sport mode yields better ranges or not. My hypothesis is that it will (same current draw, higher speed, longer distance achievable) but I haven't collected enough hard data on it yet. It's also tricky to get low in "S" mode since your altitude readings are... *ahem* not always reliable for precision work (you're talking about a situation where every 1' or 1m matters a lot).

My long range experimentation is over sandy beaches, NOT open water too!

Glad you made it back without testing "Submersible" mode!

I usually turn around at about 70% but was so close to reaching the island i thought i.d push it a little!

U might want to also test atti mode, i found i could fly a bit faster when in atti mode, probably cause of the wind assist

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good job! Ive been close to zero, just not at it like you. Ive been below 5% about 4 times now, but I was freaking out each time, not ever wanting to...but I did.

Ive gotten away from distance runs for a while after getting into Litchi waypoint missions, but I will eventually get back so I can move up the leader board.
Yeah they say do 1 thing a day thaf scares u, this bird has given me a few frights now, but the pucker factor this time was the highest its ever been

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ftttu and dirtybum
New Quadcopter World Record!!!! 23.34 miles 123,343 ft. One way with the Phantom 4.
@JakeMaxxUAV

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
IMG_0210.PNG received_10209966256926684.jpeg received_10209966256606676.jpeg
Had 35 to 40 mph winds today so I figured why not try to break the one way distance record for a quadcopter. Running 50 to 60 mph the whole way I hit 23 miles in about 25 min right around 40% battery. The last three min I spent finding a decent spot to put her down. Everything worked out my buddy retrieved the bird for me completely fine. Awesome stuff!!! Horizon Terminator Extreme with 2 Sunhans 3 watt gold boosters.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1