IMG_2377.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG

here's my 22,199.2ft from my P4 with Jakes ITE LITE panel with the clean install kit and it's unboosted, with stock battery ...round trip ended up being 44,810ft which is my personal best to date

Last edited:
IMG_0700_zpsfjjcniwp.jpg
I did it! I did it! I got over a million on my "Growth of Value!" I'm at 1,003,780 now!!! I'm sure y'all all care. I still want to know what that number means, and how it is calculated.

I finally got up to a respectful distance tonight on two flights. The longer one was 26,243.5' with a total roundtrip of 52,624'. The shorter flight was 26,106.4' with a roundtrip of 52,318'. This was done with stock P4 with a
IMG_0701_zpstenpkhzb.jpg
32 channel hack and windsurfers.

Last edited:
I did it! I did it! I got over a million on my "Growth of Value!" I'm at 1,003,780 now!!! I'm sure y'all all care. I still want to know what that number means, and how it is calculated.

I finally got up to a respectful distance tonight on two flights. The longer one was 26,243.5' with a total roundtrip of 52,624'. The shorter flight was 26,106.4' with a roundtrip of 52,318'. This was done with stock P4 with a
IMG_0701_zpstenpkhzb.jpg
32 channel hack and windsurfers.

That's a along ways to have 63% battery left. Just saying. Unless you've discovered some secret speed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's a along ways to have 63% battery left. Just saying. Unless you've discovered some secret speed?

A short while back, I did my longest trip at that time of 22,136' where I turned back at 61%. I started getting the low battery alert somewhere right below 70%, so I went down into the low 60s before turning around. Also, I use RTH to come home at 22 mph, and I turn off sensors and lights. I think I got home with about 10% battery.

Tonight, I flew from a different location, and I turned around at 62% on my first flight at 63% on the second and longer flight. On both of tonight's flights, I flew around in the 29/31 mph range at 200'. The first flight, I came back at 2%(I hope to never to that again), and on the longer flight, I got back at 9%. There are factors which got me back with more battery on the longer flight, but I'm hoping it is because I turned off the camera at 30% to see if it made a difference.

Also, can I go into the 50% range in Sport Mode and return in Sport mode at the higher speed than the 22 mph of the RTH-giving me longer range? Most of my long distance flights have been in Tap2Fly, and I have always used RTH for the return trip. What do the experts say is best for longest flight?

Reactions: Bckmstr
Nice Job ftttu
Thanks. Conditions were perfect for a distance run. We finally had a still day, and the super moon helped with lighting out in the desert where I was flying.

Also, both batteries I was using have over 50 flights each. I don't know where the sweet spot is in the life, but I was impressed they haven't started draining a lot faster, especially since I leave them drained around 15% until I fly again.

A short while back, I did my longest trip at that time of 22,136' where I turned back at 61%. I started getting the low battery alert somewhere right below 70%, so I went down into the low 60s before turning around. Also, I use RTH to come home at 22 mph, and I turn off sensors and lights. I think I got home with about 10% battery.

Tonight, I flew from a different location, and I turned around at 62% on my first flight at 63% on the second and longer flight. On both of tonight's flights, I flew around in the 29/31 mph range at 200'. The first flight, I came back at 2%(I hope to never to that again), and on the longer flight, I got back at 9%. There are factors which got me back with more battery on the longer flight, but I'm hoping it is because I turned off the camera at 30% to see if it made a difference.

Also, can I go into the 50% range in Sport Mode and return in Sport mode at the higher speed than the 22 mph of the RTH-giving me longer range? Most of my long distance flights have been in Tap2Fly, and I have always used RTH for the return trip. What do the experts say is best for longest flight?

Landing at 2% w/ the p4 seems more exciting/dangerous than with any other phantom[emoji41]

Landing at 2% w/ the p4 seems more exciting/dangerous than with any other phantom[emoji41]

It was not what I had bargained for, that's for sure. I was flying way farther than I ever have so my experience was limited when it was best to turn around. As my bird was returning to home, it starting self landing at 10%. I caught a quick glimpse of it going down about 200 yards or so away a little to my right, and saw that it was losing altitude fast from 200' on the screen. I throttled it up and forward in the nick of time, making it home at 2%.

I've only had one other time like that where I luckily found reeds lying flat on the side of the desert road where I hastily set it down. I would have continued to my home point if I knew I could have flown it instead of just controlling the decent like I thought I was only able to. I was very relieved it had no damage at all when I recovered it. I thought my above 2% flying wasn't going to end up that way since I was unable to pick a relatively safe spot to land in the desert in the dark. Lucky me.

Sad to see my stock flight get knocked off of board...

Please add this flight when you get a chance @JakeMaxxUAV

22,389ft , P4, MaxxRange, unboosted, conditions were a little windy;)
ee788d99984a76247aab15b41f8c70a3.jpg

54a709d1f2d6a64e1dfd4622617f1440.jpg

Thanks Jake. Love your products and service!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Procharged97 - are we gonna see you on this leaderboard soon? 21k will make it man .. I know you gots the antennas!
I hoping to!! Scouting for some good spots, most of you know my area is crap for LR. Yes definitely have the antennas for it lol!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka