I was flying at 31 yesterday when I went just under 24,000' and landed with 18% so in hindsight I think I could have gotten close to the stock distance but at least I'm back on the board once it's updated.

I always fly in P-mode with OA disabled. I'm still an amateur by rights and you can see in my screenshot of the drift on the homeward run of my screenshot above, I switched to Atti for the flight back as I figured not using GPS would gain me a little more battery life to ensure I got home. I'll learn.

Hmm I don't have a battery mod... I wonder what 34 would get me.

I never thought about trying to up the speed a little to get more distance. I figured it would be diminished returns.

I tried 32 and got further with the same battery life.

I'm gonna try 34.

I'm trying to break the record for distance with a stock bird

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been following your progress lightspeedz,if anybody can break that record stock, you're knocking at the door. You can still turn around at 50% with stock battery and make it back if the wind is in your favor, so if you fly out even at 38 mph youre still going to turn around at the same battery percentage no matter what distance you made. I haven't found that 34 drains any more battery than 30 or 32. And if you're flying out at 34 mph with a 3 mile headwind and you're cruising back at 38 mph your throttle is still in the same vicinity

Good info! Any thoughts on the MaxAmp 2800's v. 2250's and the extra weight possibly causing stress cracks?

I never tried the 2250s, a great pilot and someones opinion I trust once told me that he tried 2250s and they wasn't even as good as his 2000s, his name is unknown caller, and I never felt the need to try them. I would encourage somebody to though, eventually maybe myself, I love the 2000s and the 2800s are good, so maybe that's something I'm missing unlike most batteries that I've tried, I have never felt like you're wasting your money on Maxamps. There just awesome batteries[emoji41]

Just for clarification purposes for me on the leaderboard, if it does not say Battery Mod than all of those flights were done with the stock battery, even Gadgetguy's 30,000' run? I can see it as possible now after my run yesterday, great job guys.

I know it's likely too late now for all the leaders on the leaderboard, but it would be great if in the future the thread post number could be added to a leaders distance flight. Be great reference to look at all those long distance flights and try and learn a trick or two from details the poster added to their distance run, kind of hard now to filter through nearly 900 posts to find a specific flight.

Reactions: dirtybum
06aadf2f11ead9f70d7bffbd77961063.jpg

Hmm I don't have a battery mod... I wonder what 34 would get me.

I never thought about trying to up the speed a little to get more distance. I figured it would be diminished returns.

I tried 32 and got further with the same battery life.

I'm gonna try 34.

I'm trying to break the record for distance with a stock bird

Go big, or go home! :p
Just don't break the P4, while trying to break the record! :eek:

I haven't flown the P4 as much as when I first got it, I digressed and worked on breaking the P2Vplus record. That takes some getting used to not flying with the go app and going back to the vision app! I have flown a couple 50,000 foot flights with my P4 since talking to you guys last and I still think 34 out and 37 back is a good number to use. Also tried a couple different thunder power HV's and I got to say I'm not a fan. Every time I run my battery down to 2% those thunder powers still seem to have about 30% left which seems like a waste. Especially for the price they cost. Definitely don't think theyre record breakers

Hi dirtybum, could post some verifiable detailed info on the 50,000ft+ flights? Like healthydrones or similar. Great accomplishment.

I never tried the 2250s, a great pilot and someones opinion I trust once told me that he tried 2250s and they wasn't even as good as his 2000s, his name is unknown caller, and I never felt the need to try them. I would encourage somebody to though, eventually maybe myself, I love the 2000s and the 2800s are good, so maybe that's something I'm missing unlike most batteries that I've tried, I have never felt like you're wasting your money on Maxamps. There just awesome batteries[emoji41]

I was confusing the 2250's with the 2000's! I definitely trust Unknown Caller's opinion, too! I couldn't recall which lesser MaxAmps's you had better results with than the 2800's. So it is the MaxAmp 2000's that are the real sweet spot, for weight and extra amperage, rather than the 2800's? Is that the same on both the P4 and the P3's?

I was confusing the 2250's with the 2000's! I definitely trust Unknown Caller's opinion, too! I couldn't recall which lesser MaxAmps's you had better results with than the 2800's. So it is the MaxAmp 2000's that are the real sweet spot, for weight and extra amperage, rather than the 2800's? Is that the same on both the P4 and the P3's?

2000's are great, but unknown caller and chuck both used 2800's for their record runs so if you already have those I would stick with them ma 2000's are good for about 32min w/ a good p3 main bat, but man do they fly, you don't even know they're on there! I like the MultiStar 5.2 for both aircrafts, although the 5.2 did put cracks in both my rear arms on the P4[emoji41]

Hi dirtybum, could post some verifiable detailed info on the 50,000ft+ flights? Like healthydrones or similar. Great accomplishment.

I might have some on a couple 50,000+ flights, I only have the free HD version so it erases some of my flights after I reach 50 flights. I know on my 55,000 foot flight I couldn't do an HD report because DJI go app didn't log the flight using my android phone(i've had that annoying problem a few times) i've mostly been using my iPhone so I can avoid that problem, now that iPhone supports healthy drones sync app, I'll definitely shoot you some information on my next 50,000+ P4 i'm just being very selective on when I fly because I want super calm winds

2000's are great, but unknown caller and chuck both used 2800's for their record runs so if you already have those I would stick with them ma 2000's are good for about 32min w/ a good p3 main bat, but man do they fly, you don't even know they're on there! I like the MultiStar 5.2 for both aircrafts, although the 5.2 did put cracks in both my rear arms on the P4[emoji41]

Yes, I already have three sets of MaxAmp 2800's, so I guess no need to downgrade, as I'm only getting 25-27 minutes now, and need that flight time at a minimum. However, I also got the cracks top and bottom around the arm end next to the motor on the right rear of my own P4 with them this last week! What is the best way to reinforce the already cracked arm end? I'm using a couple of wraps of gaffers tape right now, and it seems to work well enough! :p

Yes, I already have three sets of MaxAmp 2800's, so I guess no need to downgrade, as I'm only getting 25-27 minutes now, and need that flight time at a minimum. However, I also got the cracks top and bottom around the arm end next to the motor on the right rear of my own P4 with them this last week! What is the best way to reinforce the already cracked arm end? I'm using a couple of wraps of gaffers tape right now, and it seems to work well enough! :p
I think the rear arms take a lot of stress on all the phantoms! I had stress cracks on P2, P3, & P4. This product is a "as seen on TV" junk product, but for whatever reason it works great on phantom shells and my chicks costume jewelry
f899af65d8b4ede2ab7b00e890fe9d4c.jpg

You apply a thin dab of it just like superglue then put the included ultraviolet light on the glue for 30 seconds and it welds the glue as hard as a rock. I've only had it on there for a dozen flights but it seems to be holding up pretty good. Here's a before and after(you can probably do a cleaner job)
e54b4c6061a837c1ccb65c4366fed971.jpg
c34176115b886c813b0e4899a35fbe08.jpg
7f32fbab736ce273e45a6971e6f0464a.jpg
df551f2f86cfe46df3579fc4392488cc.jpg

I think the rear arms take a lot of stress on all the phantoms! I had stress cracks on P2, P3, & P4. This product is a "as seen on TV" junk product, but for whatever reason it works great on phantom shells and my chicks costume jewelry
f899af65d8b4ede2ab7b00e890fe9d4c.jpg

You apply a thin dab of it just like superglue then put the included ultraviolet light on the glue for 30 seconds and it welds the glue as hard as a rock. I've only had it on there for a dozen flights but it seems to be holding up pretty good. Here's a before and after(you can probably do a cleaner job)
e54b4c6061a837c1ccb65c4366fed971.jpg
c34176115b886c813b0e4899a35fbe08.jpg
7f32fbab736ce273e45a6971e6f0464a.jpg
df551f2f86cfe46df3579fc4392488cc.jpg

Awesome! Thank you! After your last lifesaving tip about the Dielectric Connector Protector grease for the XT60 connectors, I'm all in, and will give it a try to replace the gaffers tape! Mine completely cracked through the bottom of the shell arm, and 3/4 of the way across the top of the shell arm next to the motor! How it didn't completely break off was a mystery, and pure luck! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka