4025 metres 13k ft? stock. Over water came back w/ 2 mins left on battery, I forgot that I had been chasing boats around for a bit first. Brown trouser time.

Reactions: Peter Galbavy
I am flying when I can, but now use my Phantom for business purposes as well so more conservative. Plus, I only have water to fly over for distance due to location, so no margin of error, I can't land in a field or on the side of the road and drive to get it, sleeping with the fishes is the only outcome if things go wrong.

I am flying when I can, but now use my Phantom for business purposes as well so more conservative. Plus, I only have water to fly over for distance due to location, so no margin of error, I can't land in a field or on the side of the road and drive to get it, sleeping with the fishes is the only outcome if things go wrong.
At least the fish won't sue! ;)

This leaderboard is sponsored by Maxx UAV. For all your signal and range improvement needs, check out maxxuav.com

USA Customers: maxxuav.com
Canada Customers: maxxuav.ca
Europe Customers: maxxuav.eu

Each store ships world wide!

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

This is furthest distance from home, not total flight distance. If I miss your post, send me a PM.

1. dirtybum - 55,068 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. Fanti - 44,528 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
4. FLPTFLYER - 43,500 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
5. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
6. YoungBlood - 37,208 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod, 7 Years Old
7. josephtarlecky - 36,653 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
8. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
9. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
10. MrMiagi - 27,224 ft - Windsurfers, Unboosted
11. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
12. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 26,042 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
13. Liberty724 - 25,134 ft - Stock
14. TheLightSpeedz - 25,071 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
15. DanielMyst777 - 24,935 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
16. KykPhantom - 23,400 ft - Stock
17. Cloud Chaser - 23,300 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
18. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
19. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
20. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
21. ringolong - 21,586 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
22. Altaman - 21,539 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
23. Tripc - 20,831 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
24. SolarDude - 20,802 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted
25. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
26. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
27. KykPhantom - 20,474 ft - Stock
28. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
29. Ignacio Perez-Navarro - 20,129 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
30. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

Up to 13th

5bcd94eff836895bd1584b86bd74081a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
image.png
Stock with windsurfers, landed with 18% so there's easily more distance but flying over water is nerving when the battery is running low. @JakeMaxxUAV

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
In Washington I used to do that everyday. It is hard on the blood pressure for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Flying over water is far safer than over land. Less interference, nothing to run into, and you can fly low enough to stay under and minimize any wind. Crashes are going to total the bird either way. Just make sure to return to your launch point with more than 0% remaining! :p

Flying over water is far safer than over land. Less interference, nothing to run into, and you can fly low enough to stay under and minimize any wind. Crashes are going to total the bird either way. Just make sure to return to your launch point with more than 0% remaining! :p

Not totally true. I've had boats sail in front of me, little islands that become huge islands... Etc. I've flown back with barely enough to keep it from auto landing!

Btw Gadget... I beat my personal best yesterday! I think 26,000' ish, by running at 31 to 32 MPH. Amazing what 4' per minute will do to distance. I even landed with a 14% battery reserve. Could have went further!

I flew out to 16,000' ft or so at 59' altitude before I got a momentary blip of Weak Image Transmission, climbed up over 100' and no more problems.

Not totally true. I've had boats sail in front of me, little islands that become huge islands... Etc. I've flown back with barely enough to keep it from auto landing!

Btw Gadget... I beat my personal best yesterday! I think 26,000' ish, by running at 31 to 32 MPH. Amazing what 4' per minute will do to distance. I even landed with a 14% battery reserve. Could have went further!

True, but in forward flying, you will always see and avoid with a 94° field of view, unless flying at night! Practice holding off Auto Landing with up left stick close to the ground in front of you (2 feet and then try higher). You may need it some day! Eventually, you develop a feel for how much battery remaining you need before turning around. Baby steps. Wait for the perfect wind conditions. Always warm up with a spare second battery, and then swap out and fly with a fresh 100% one, just topped off. Every percent counts when pushing the limits! :cool:

Good job!

I haven't flown the P4 as much as when I first got it, I digressed and worked on breaking the P2Vplus record. That takes some getting used to not flying with the go app and going back to the vision app! I have flown a couple 50,000 foot flights with my P4 since talking to you guys last and I still think 34 out and 37 back is a good number to use. Also tried a couple different thunder power HV's and I got to say I'm not a fan. Every time I run my battery down to 2% those thunder powers still seem to have about 30% left which seems like a waste. Especially for the price they cost. Definitely don't think theyre record breakers

I haven't flown the P4 as much as when I first got it, I digressed and worked on breaking the P2Vplus record. That takes some getting used to not flying with the go app and going back to the vision app! I have flown a couple 50,000 foot flights with my P4 since talking to you guys last and I still think 34 out and 37 back is a good number to use. Also tried a couple different thunder power HV's and I got to say I'm not a fan. Every time I run my battery down to 2% those thunder powers still seem to have about 30% left which seems like a waste. Especially for the price they cost. Definitely don't think theyre record breakers

Thanks for the update DB! On the 34 out and 37 back, is that based upon no wind, and the aircraft already being at optimal efficiency and running temp on the way back, while needing to go a little easier on it while on the way out, until it warms up? Do you still think the MaxAmp 2250's are better than the MaxAmp 2800's for flight time? I developed some critical stress cracks 3/4 of the way all around one motor arm, that nearly separated the motor from the arm. It would likely have broken through on the next flight, had I not discovered it while cleaning the UV filter! Reinforced for now with gaffers tape, which works, but I can't help but wonder if the 2800's might be too heavy for aggressive flying, like chasing back and forth after race boats, which I was doing when the cracks appeared!:eek:

I dont even fly distance unless its 4 mph winds or less. When i fly 4-8 mph winds to test bat times i rarely get past 45000, so for me calmer the better. I found 34 out is what it takes to reach 50000 before 55% bat and 37 makes good distance/ bat management returning

I dont even fly distance unless its 4 mph winds or less. When i fly 4-8 mph winds to test bat times i rarely get past 45000, so for me calmer the better. I found 34 out is what it takes to reach 50000 before 55% bat and 37 makes good distance/ bat management returning

Check your email bud

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirtybum

Good info! Any thoughts on the MaxAmp 2800's v. 2250's and the extra weight possibly causing stress cracks?

Hmm I don't have a battery mod... I wonder what 34 would get me.

I never thought about trying to up the speed a little to get more distance. I figured it would be diminished returns.

I tried 32 and got further with the same battery life.

I'm gonna try 34.

I'm trying to break the record for distance with a stock bird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka