06aadf2f11ead9f70d7bffbd77961063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hey bud, what was your setup?

I cracked 5k for the first time last week, I didn't really take in the fact that I had been flying into a headwind on the way out. It was only the fact that my battery was approaching the halfway mark and that it was mainly over water that I took the decision to head for home, When I landed I had plenty still in the tank.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 342
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 435
I cracked 5k for the first time last week, I didn't really take in the fact that I had been flying into a headwind on the way out. It was only the fact that my battery was approaching the halfway mark and that it was mainly over water that I took the decision to head for home, When I landed I had plenty still in the tank.
Just fly all the way across the Channel, and have someone there on the other side to catch it, if the conditions are not optimal for a safe return! :cool:

Reactions: Loomster
New Personal Record for My P4

P4 PR.png

Still not in the running yet to be on the board, but I'm happy to have done my longest flight to date at 19736'(3.737 miles) using Tap2Fly. So far, not using Sport mode and my battery are my limiting factors.

There was a breezy crosswind so I bet I could have done a little better in better conditions. Still, I think my altitude of 4,000' may also be limiting me.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
New Personal Record for My P4

View attachment 66249

Nice flight flpt! You must of had perfect weather, i've tried to beat my 55 several times with too much wind, auto landed a couple miles away half a dozen times, and got a few 50,000 back-and-forth, just can't get back up to 55 and make it all the way back, I need calm weather

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Still not enough to get on the board, but I flew my longest today at 20,190' with windsurfers. I finally flew in Sport mode instead of Tap2Fly like I have been using. I got back with 15% battery so I'll try a 4 miler next by not climbing to 400' since I had no connection problems.

IMG_0693_zpsjvlbjmqf.jpg
Alright, I just got back from a night flight, and it was my best distance of 22,136' with round trip at 44,447'. I still went up to 400' since I have to flying from home. I'm sure I can get a little more away from my home where I don't have to waste so much battery getting to cruise altitude.

Windsurfers

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this done by Keith McCormick with a Matrice 600?

Its an amazing flight for sure, and its definitely not a P4 flight. I've been working my *** of to get past 56000 and back w/ my p4 and havent quite got a new PB yet. The average is 50,000. Keith's M600 flight is a great accomplishment! But its a whole different race[emoji41]

Reactions: Mikepoo
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this done by Keith McCormick with a Matrice 600?
No this is the UK , Mohan was the Pilot. its a P4.

here is a screen shot of the take point ,notice the cars drive on the left here, .
the take off was at a Mc donald's , this was a battery endurance test one way flight.

so should be under a suicide mission listing ..Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.31.45.png

[

Last edited:
No this is the UK , Mohan was the Pilot. its a P4.

here is a screen shot of the take point ,notice the cars drive on the left here, .
the take off was at a Mc donald's , this was a battery endurance test one way flight.

so should be under a suicide mission listing ..View attachment 67912

[

Nice job Will,Mohan!
This might just be the first p4 suicide mission.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers