Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Yeah that's true about different days different signals Lee, that's why I waited so long to make sure that the conditions were very similar. It's as close as I could do to match the test so it would be fair.

To Lee's point, different days, different signal. Additionally, memory becomes less accurate the longer the time between test. I'm not questioning your expertise DB, just time between flights allows for multitude of unintentional variables to start coming into play. I'm probably a bit biased bc I just got a MaxxRange ;)

Reactions: Lee SK and Ed209
That is true to some extent. Humidity, and Kp index could play a role but there is no way to get absolute identical tests unless flying in a chamber [emoji3]

Reactions: Lee SK
Just found this thread on the popular tab on the PP forum app, which of these mods don't require sending the lipos or heavy technical mods?
Can I buy the powermod v3.5 and just do it by myself?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I want to try this battery too but the weight scares me.
Yeah Tommy it's not really the weight of this battery, cause your P3 can handle it, it's the fact that it's positioned in the rear instead of balanced on the side. You can give it a try. Since none of these other battery mods and combinations are working for me to give me that extra two minutes I need I might even try it again. The thing is you just got to be real slow when climbing altitude and when braking! Hand catch it if possible, if your 200 feet up in the air and it's trying to autoland straight down it doesn't handle very well. At least in my experience. That's the whole reason I stopped using it was the way it landed on its own and the way it was hard to control when trying to fight through the autoland critical battery sequence and still make it home. It's just a little too heavy to have all in the rear

To Lee's point, different days, different signal. Additionally, memory becomes less accurate the longer the time between test. I'm not questioning your expertise DB, just time between flights allows for multitude of unintentional variables to start coming into play. I'm probably a bit biased bc I just got a MaxxRange ;)
No harm done in mentioning it, I have had both antennas from the start and gave them both a fair test. I think the terminators better, that being said I've flown the max range my last 10 flights. As far as memory goes, I took lots of screenshots on both flights so I could compare altitudes signal strengths and distances etc. and I waited that long for the right day so the test could be as fair as possible. I only fly the same 4 flightpaths in my area so I'm very familiar with them. Both good antennas.

40,425ft - ItElite MaxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod

VLSftzg.jpg

P3p, itelite maxx range, channel hack(set to auto), NO BATTERY MOD.
Started auto land at %10 battery a few hundred feet from home point. Had to fight with it to stop descending and made it back to home point, full throttle up and forward. My stomach was in a knot for sure. Need to get a battery mod, my nerves can't handle the battery %.

b82a275c278c3523b956bba4803311db.jpg

Good job Ray, what percentage did you land that, how close was it.

Thx DB, normally I go out to about 65 to %70 before I head back, but today no wind so I calculated %60 out would get me back landed at around%20. But on way back it did the limited propulsion system nonsense and my speed dropped to about 24/26 mph.
So at %10 I was a few hundred feet from my house, and up 200'. I had to full throttle up and %100 stick forward and avoid the one house in front of me and the tree before landed on my lawn at%7.

I'm so glad I didn't do the %50 out I was going to.

Without a battery mod I really can't go out more than %65 battery!

Do you know what caused the limiting to kick in?
I saw that for the first time when I did a run while the air temp was 115° F:
How hot is too hot?

I have seen that quote a few times, it was only 75 degrees. it happens to me when I go full blast!!! I forgot to count that in my flight plan!!!

Thx DB, normally I go out to about 65 to %70 before I head back, but today no wind so I calculated %60 out would get me back landed at around%20. But on way back it did the limited propulsion system nonsense and my speed dropped to about 24/26 mph.
So at %10 I was a few hundred feet from my house, and up 200'. I had to full throttle up and %100 stick forward and avoid the one house in front of me and the tree before landed on my lawn at%7.

I'm so glad I didn't do the %50 out I was going to.

Without a battery mod I really can't go out more than %65 battery!
40,425ft - ItElite MaxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod

VLSftzg.jpg
It's a clean flight!!! Great Job!!!

I should have also mentioned that my height from home point was 200' til I was out 13000 then I started climbing gradually to 500+ for the remainder as I started getting low on video signal.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
I have seen that quote a few times, it was only 75 degrees. it happens to me when I go full blast!!! I forgot to count that in my flight plan!!!

Oh screw that! I thought it was only during cold days. You know, I was contemplating just putting all my firmwares up to current because I'm not flying in NFZ or restricted airspace nor am I pushing for mega distance on really cold days but you're getting restricted even on a 75 degree day??? That's ridiculous. You can't fly to the bleeding edge not knowing if you're gonna be neutered like that. I'll stick with 1.1.9 on my P3A, 1.4.0 on my P3P, and 1.1.30 on my P3S.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart