Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Hey DB why the maxx on this run instead of termi?

Hey DB why the maxx on this run instead of termi?
I would've loved this run to go to the terminator, but I suspect one of my cables is bad on the terminator and I get intermittent signal issues, I don't have that style of cable and I'm waiting for some to come in!

Thanks Lee! I was using the 5.2 and a 2.0 on that one for a total of 7.2. Yes I know it's ridiculous and I had batteries strapped all over the place with tape, but for what my batteries produce I got to think outside the box.
I can't find mutistar 4S, 2.0 at hobby king!?!

So how was the trip back? wind? did you have to or try to use atti at all? I seen top speed at 39mph

So how was the trip back? wind? did you have to or try to use atti at all? I seen top speed at 39mph
It was super calm out so different apps were reporting different wind directions, so I was going out 35.4 mph pretty consistently all the way and that's almost a top speed for GPS with 1.6 FW, so I halfway expected it to be going a tad bit slower on the way back which means I would probably have trouble making it.(if you turn around at 55,000 feet with 55% battery and can't get over 34 mph you're not going to make it) but to my surprise as soon as I turned around it cranked up to 35.7 mph and stay there pretty much the entire trip back which led me to gain ground over 10 miles to the point when I hit 20% and only had 15,000 feet to go I knew it would be a slam dunk

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It's exciting for me, but it's probably nerve-racking for most pilots, constantly watching numbers and getting excited by the tiniest little gains, i'm pretty much comparing my mileage to my battery percentage the whole trip back, waiting for the mileage to slowly climb lower than the battery percentage

It's exciting for me, but it's probably nerve-racking for most pilots, constantly watching numbers and getting excited by the tiniest little gains, i'm pretty much comparing my mileage to my battery percentage the whole trip back, waiting for the mileage to slowly climb lower than the battery percentage
Is your 2,0 battery also mulistar one?

I hit the 20k club today. 20,639 with windsurfers, otherwise stock. 1.8 firmware on a P3p

qEbLG6W.jpg

Landed with 17%, could have pushed it more but ran into transmission issues.

I went back on my last flight to watch the video and see why i had horrible video breakup at 18k, before then it was full bars. And not just bad and cut out, weird interference with green lines and bars and stuff. Then i noticed this ..

ydLM84v.jpg

I've ordered my battery mod .. thinking i need an antenna now :)

Reactions: Lee SK
I went back on my last flight to watch the video and see why i had horrible video breakup at 18k, before then it was full bars. And not just bad and cut out, weird interference with green lines and bars and stuff. Then i noticed this ..

ydLM84v.jpg

I've ordered my battery mod .. thinking i need an antenna now :)
Too high up for it to matter Dig[emoji41]

This is the flight path I've gone 10+ mi over. Power lines pretty much the whole way. Not an issue.
Eregvw9.jpg

1. Why high up is no good for long range flight ?
2. Your recently lipo combination are
Mutistar 4.35V + Maxamp 4.20V ?
One of my major flight routes, The one I just did the last flight with and both my suicide runs with, has a huge powerline that's 250 feet high about 3 miles into the trip, I fly 100 foot high until I reach those powerlines that I climb up and over them, once I'm on the other side of them if my speed is slow because of the climb, I drop back down. Which basically means from 3 1/2 to 12 miles or more if I do the suicide run those major power lines are running right through my signal! I'm not saying the powerlines don't affect a signal if your aircraft is close to them but I think it has to be really really close

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn