Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Thx DB, normally I go out to about 65 to %70 before I head back, but today no wind so I calculated %60 out would get me back landed at around%20. But on way back it did the limited propulsion system nonsense and my speed dropped to about 24/26 mph.
So at %10 I was a few hundred feet from my house, and up 200'. I had to full throttle up and %100 stick forward and avoid the one house in front of me and the tree before landed on my lawn at%7.

I'm so glad I didn't do the %50 out I was going to.

Without a battery mod I really can't go out more than %65 battery!
Can you post a healthydrones log of this flight? I'm curious to see some readings because of the propulsion limitation. Thanks

Oh screw that! I thought it was only during cold days. You know, I was contemplating just putting all my firmwares up to current because I'm not flying in NFZ or restricted airspace nor am I pushing for mega distance on really cold days but you're getting restricted even on a 75 degree day??? That's ridiculous. You can't fly to the bleeding edge not knowing if you're gonna be neutered like that. I'll stick with 1.1.9 on my P3A, 1.4.0 on my P3P, and 1.1.30 on my P3S.
Can I down grade to 1.1.9 from current ?

Yeah you're better to stay where you're at Ed, I get that warning on my 1.6 sometimes, but I never really noticed a slowing down, it just doesn't go any faster. And It don't last long. Haven't seen it a lot lately unless i'm fighting a good wind

Reactions: Lee SK
Yeah you're better to stay where you're at Ed, I get that warning on my 1.6 sometimes, but I never really noticed a slowing down, it just doesn't go any faster. And It don't last long. Haven't seen it a lot lately unless i'm fighting a good wind
I wonder what is the trigger to activate the propulsion limitation? When you're running a battery mod, the P3 current draw is pretty much cut in half so I don't think the amperage is going above some threshold.

You can watch yer volts drop if you climb too fast, or go full throttle in a strong wind. Even with externals on

Can you post a healthydrones log of this flight? I'm curious to see some readings because of the propulsion limitation. Thanks

Sure, will do. Asap. It's just a pain in the butt to post logs from ios to healthy drones. At least, it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can watch yer volts drop if you climb too fast, or go full throttle in a strong wind. Even with externals on
I ascend and desend gradually, and today was a calm day. Once I put up the log, you can take a look and give some pointers to get more juice out puff the stock batteries,maybe?

Thx

I got the propulsion warning the other day on my 1.7 P3A. I have decided to stay at 1.7 on my P3's and 1.5 on the RC's. There are reports that DJi has reduced mw output in the RC's starting at 1.6. Note RC 1.6 goes with P3 1.8. Together they introduced either better encryption or encryption between the RC and P3.

I ascend and desend gradually, and today was a calm day. Once I put up the log, you can take a look and give some pointers to get more juice out puff the stock batteries,maybe?

Thx

Actually the DAT file would be more helpful. But that's more involved than pulling the logs from DJI Go/iOS.

I'm a little confused here. When you say a "one way trip", what happens to your phantom them? You lose it, or you have to go look for it, or you fly towards someone who is watching for it? Sorry it this is a dumb question.

I have seen that quote a few times, it was only 75 degrees. it happens to me when I go full blast!!! I forgot to count that in my flight plan!!!
Is it always the same battery?
Doesn't seem like a normal thing to be seeing, unless there is a problem somewhere.
Maybe the battery is unable to maintain a high current rate, even though it looks okay otherwise?

I'm a little confused here. When you say a "one way trip", what happens to your phantom them? You lose it, or you have to go look for it, or you fly towards someone who is watching for it? Sorry it this is a dumb question.
It's not a dumb question at all, and the answer is all of the above. You could do it any of those ways. I landed mine in the field, which at the time was all dirt, 19 1/2 miles away.

Or you could put your flight down if you did a long flight, but just didn't quite happen to make it back because you ran out of battery and I had to land a little short from home point

Thanks for the reply. I guess I would be too afraid of losing my $900.00 bird. So did you have a tracking device then in order to find it 19 miles away! I assume you did, unless you are very familiar with the topography in the area. Ok, here's a question that stems from that. Could you backtrack along the route that shows on your FPV map, and drive (indirectly) right to it? That's a pretty cool option I think.

I think I answered my own question there. You should be able to see on the FPV map exactly where it landed. :)

Reactions: dirtybum
Sure, will do. Asap. It's just a pain in the butt to post logs from ios to healthy drones. At least, it used to be.

Healthy Drones app will be out for ios very soon!

Healthy Drones app will be out for ios very soon!
Thank God, I gave up after the first 200 logs, then I went back only to see they are now deleted to the last 50. Now that is a paid site! I would use it only of I could pay and keep all the records instead of the max number he has.

New personal best round trip for me, with camera on
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465356909.821497.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465352058.595444.jpg

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Update me on the list please[emoji41]
55,750'
P3A w/ Bat mod & camera
Maxxrange boosted

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics