Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Cool vid of your flight with your bebop, it looks like you had an ideal day to fly by the looks of those calm waters.

It's a good location. Low horizon and friendly terrain for the last half. I got my P3A out to 22,176 ft. from there with just windsurfers. The bebop is fun to fly. Less risk and I don't have to stand there and aim the antenna. I have to use Flight Plan (similar to Litchi) because if you fly manually and lose connection way out there, you'll never make it home at the default RTH speed of 5 meters per second.

Hi Chasbro, I have a P3P with the Maxx Range antenna (with boosters) no worry about losing signal the setup.

Sounds like a good setup. I need more battery to go any farther with the bebop. Black friday is around the corner. I'll at least get a bebop 2 if not a disco.

IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0129.JPG SAM_0663.JPG SAM_0664.JPG Hi Guys just thought i would share about a crash i had a while back, comming home from a long range flight, 300 meters from home over a wooded area battery at 2% and down she went. Luckily a tree broke most of its fall but i still broke the gimbal and the VPS module (no damage to shell or landing gear). I did my own repairs and now the old faithful P3P is good as new. The shell had some previous stress cracks for while so did a complete shell replacement as well. I now know the the internal workings of the P3P fairly well lol.

View attachment 88588 View attachment 88589 View attachment 88590 View attachment 88591 Hi Guys just thought i would share about a crash i had a while back, comming home from a long range flight, 300 meters from home over a wooded area battery at 2% and down she went. Luckily a tree broke most of its fall but i still broke the gimbal and the VPS module (no damage to shell or landing gear). I did my own repairs and now the old faithful P3P is good as new. The shell had some previous stress cracks for while so did a complete shell replacement as well. I now know the the internal workings of the P3P fairly well lol.

Good Job Alan. You can really never learn more about something then when you take it apart.
Do you know why it went down? mine did the same thing at 3% and i really never found out the reason. Some fly theirs down past 0% without an issue. While Coming back home from a routine distance run the bird turned to the left a few times for no apparent reason and then again at 3% and then down to the woods she went...

View attachment 88588 View attachment 88589 View attachment 88590 View attachment 88591 Hi Guys just thought i would share about a crash i had a while back, comming home from a long range flight, 300 meters from home over a wooded area battery at 2% and down she went. Luckily a tree broke most of its fall but i still broke the gimbal and the VPS module (no damage to shell or landing gear). I did my own repairs and now the old faithful P3P is good as new. The shell had some previous stress cracks for while so did a complete shell replacement as well. I now know the the internal workings of the P3P fairly well lol.

Nice work Alan... good to see you have it back up and running. I see that you position your external battery in the back of the copter. Just my opinion I would try to distribute the weight between the landing gear mounting the battery in the back makes it back heavy The back motors have to work that much harder to get it to tilt. You might have to put in dual connectors though.

I think it was the stock dji battery to many recharges, I have since replaced it. Thanks Pablo for battery tip

Hey chazz have you booked your plane ticket yet down under? lol.. its a beautiful day here on the west coast Im just chilling today might take a bird out tommorrow and let it rip. What do think of my new toy had it 6 weeks goes like a bat of hell!SAM_0666.JPG

Reactions: Digdat0 and chazz
Hey chazz have you booked your plane ticket yet down under? lol.. its a beautiful day here on the west coast Im just chilling today might take a bird out tommorrow and let it rip. What do think of my new toy had it 6 weeks goes like a bat of hell!View attachment 88937

Believe me I would love too! it's definitely on my bucket list. Awesome new shiny toy! I'll watch for ya on the P4 leader board.

Digdat0 what can i say...your are a legend flyer to0 mate..i c took the out THE MAVIK for a stroll in the park 40k plus....AWESOME.

nice! i need to get my p3 out more .. hate to say it, since the MAvic got here i havent touched the p3 much. So much easier to toss the mavic in my bag. I need to fly!

nice! i need to get my p3 out more .. hate to say it, since the MAvic got here i havent touched the p3 much. So much easier to toss the mavic in my bag. I need to fly!

Yeah you do. The P3? is the best long range quad flyer DJI has ever made.

This is for everybody that's on the leaderboard or trying to improve their long range flight game. Something you should maybe consider trying. Taking off your camera and flying with just the Map and Data. It really help me fine-tune some of my flying skills. And you can add more battery lol. Anyways I hope I didn't scare everybody away I still think the P3 is the baddest quad on the planet.
02c6388049dac658dd2919d400756d01.jpg
0a0299195264ce4ab6b4eda38c9617f7.jpg

Reactions: Alan Russel
Hey Pablo you certainly are pushing that P3 to the extreme..wow 56.37 flight time. was it dead calm when flying?

Hey Pablo you certainly are pushing that P3 to the extreme..wow 56.37 flight time. was it dead calm when flying?

Yes, it was pretty calm about a 3 to 5 mph wind coming out of the NNW. I went for probably 1500 feet on O% I could feel the battery shutting down right befor I landed it. I had a couple little hick ups during the flight my cruise control fell apart on me so I probably lost a little bit of time and my turn wasn't as clean as I would like but that flight is going to be a tough one for me to Top.

ok time to fire this thread up guys..3 reasons why we cannot get the drone up and flying...(work...women...weather) mine is the later most arvos blowing 40 knots ...just waiting for that perfect windless morning...anyway xmas not far away seasons greetings to you all..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18