Official P3 Range Leaderboard

What in the world are you talking about? This is one of my favorite threads. I've read every post. And what does this have to do with your ridiculous comments regarding the legality of flying outside VLOS?
Anyone who post a question on here, "How do you maintain visual line of sight of your aircraft's while doing these distance runs?" Obviously knows the answer. They were trolling. Can you see a 1ft square object more than 5 miles away?
SO again, why did you post "?".... because you were trolling

SO back to my question. I do have some basic antennae knowledge since I messed with ham radio for a few years, and later ran a mobile cb at over 5,100 watts on a dosy. (Yes I know it was illegal) My question was aimed at DB since he wasnt a 2 yr lurker, troll, or watcher, and was someone who been there and done that.

Last edited:
i found an amp was a huge difference .. maybe not so much the first few miles, but once you get 4-5+ miles out, those amps really do help.
After a customer cut me a check today for just shy of $800 more than the balance they owed me on a final payment, I went ahead and treated myself and ordered the Evolite Kit plus. :D

Now I have to find the time to do the mod on the RC.

Last edited:
Yes how many times do we need to go over this....that is a DEFINITION. Not a law to classify commercial vs hobby.

Its interesting to me that you continue to argue that law does not exist for hobbyists, yet you point to Sec 336 of the 2012 FMRA as the prohibiting element of the FAA to create regulation. Section 336 is law passed by Congress that delineates what is recreational model aircraft. So, let me ask then how you meet the requirements of the law in regards to Section 336 a(2)? and 336 c(2)? If you cannot meet those legal thresholds then you would fall into the regulations that Congress demanded of the FAA in the same section (which became Part 107). Do tell...

Its interesting to me that you continue to argue that law does not exist for hobbyists, yet you point to Sec 336 of the 2012 FMRA as the prohibiting element of the FAA to create regulation. Section 336 is law passed by Congress that delineates what is recreational model aircraft. So, let me ask then how you meet the requirements of the law in regards to Section 336 a(2)? and 336 c(2)? If you cannot meet those legal thresholds then you would fall into the regulations that Congress demanded of the FAA in the same section (which became Part 107). Do tell...

go find another thread to argue with people on dude ... this is for people trying to have fun. I dont even care if your right or wrong, just go do it somewhere else .. start your own thread titled "I know alot about rules and want to be an internet cop" .. please let the rest of the group here have civil enjoyment. There is a section for you, its here: Rules and Regulations You can argue about rules and regulations till your blue in the face!

I ordered the MaxxUAV Evolite kit plus but contacted him and upgraded the 9db to the 14db antennae before it shipped. Come to find out were waiting on the clean install kit to come in before he ships. I cant wait :(. Mr Jones (MaxxUAV) has been great to deal with.

go find another thread to argue with people on dude ... this is for people trying to have fun. I dont even care if your right or wrong, just go do it somewhere else .. start your own thread titled "I know alot about rules and want to be an internet cop" .. please let the rest of the group here have civil enjoyment. There is a section for you, its here: Rules and Regulations You can argue about rules and regulations till your blue in the face!
Did you ever think your "civil enjoyment" is both a risk to the hobby itself and the industry as a whole? Does the name Vyacheslav Tantashov mean anything to you? I'd suggest looking it up. He had a proclivity for flying far beyond line of sight. A flight he made back in September is now a poster child for taking "civil enjoyment" a bit too far.

Did you ever think your "civil enjoyment" is both a risk to the hobby itself and the industry as a whole? Does the name Vyacheslav Tantashov mean anything to you? I'd suggest looking it up. He had a proclivity for flying far beyond line of sight. A flight he made back in September is now a poster child for taking "civil enjoyment" a bit too far.

Do you really think these kind of guys actually care about the industry one bit?? That's comical. These guys only care that their next distance if farther than the last time they flew. Doesn't matter where they are...what they'e flying over... Who they're putting in danger...what rules or laws theyre breaking. Just as long as they can beat so and so by 1 foot is all that matters here!

Reactions: dirtybum
I ordered the MaxxUAV Evolite kit plus but contacted him and upgraded the 9db to the 14db antennae before it shipped. Come to find out were waiting on the clean install kit to come in before he ships. I cant wait :(. Mr Jones (MaxxUAV) has been great to deal with.

I really enjoy MaxxUAV, i think they and Titan are my favorite vendors. Customer service goes a long way and those guys have great service. I need to find some new amps, i sold my 19dbi antenna setup, realized my amps/battery are gone. Its just not the same, and thats with my 14dbi panel.

GO AWAY Ryan JizzLove, you've made no friends here! If you come on this thread again other to congratulate somebody or share a distance flight, I will report you, it would be easy to convince the staff that you are trolling,which is against the rules.
That goes for you too Mark the Droner, which is tough for me to say because you're a buddy, I don't understand why you brought this fight to this particular thread I think like dig said you guys need to move on to a different area and have all the fun you want. Now git!

Reactions: lolo780
GO AWAY Ryan JizzLove, you've made no friends here! If you come on this thread again other to congratulate somebody or share a distance flight, I will report you, it would be easy to convince the staff that you are trolling,which is against the rules.
That goes for you too Mark the Droner, which is tough for me to say because you're a buddy, I don't understand why you brought this fight to this particular thread I think like dig said you guys need to move on to a different area and have all the fun you want. Now git!
I'm all for UAV flying at distances beyond line of sight. The Commercial UAV industry must be able to fly BVLOS to reach its monetization potential. But throwing on the latest signal booster and range antenna is not the means to get there. The FAA is actively looking to ease BVLOS regulations and has both a rule committee driving towards it as well as a UAS Integrated Pilots Program to forge the means to do BVLOS safely. Be a part of that solution, not part of the problem like was experienced with Vyacheslav Tantashov's flight.

Reactions: Blessed77
offtopic.gif

Notice to all, if the thread does not shape up & stay on topic it is gone and warnings will be issued.
We realize this is a controversial topic and we will allow it as long as it stays civil.

Stay on topic, and if you see off topic post, please use the report button so the staff can handle it accordingly.

These guys seem like they operate independently..for nothing more than youtube likes.. I doubt they are aware of the Federal Aviation Administration's view on this subject.

View attachment 92281

Notice to all, if the thread does not shape up & stay on topic it is gone and warnings will be issued.
We realize this is a controversial topic and we will allow it as long as it stays civil.

Stay on topic, and if you see off topic post, please use the report button so the staff can handle it accordingly.

thanks TJ. Rather than close the thread, can you just get rid of the guys who are trolling and trying to get the thread closed? Not sure the community should suffer cause there are some trolls here who are trying to get it shut down. There is a proper place for those guys to talk about faa / flying rules and guidelines, I would love to see them post there instead. Cheers man.

thanks TJ. Rather than close the thread, can you just get rid of the guys who are trolling and trying to get the thread closed? Not sure the community should suffer cause there are some trolls here who are trying to get it shut down. There is a proper place for those guys to talk about faa / flying rules and guidelines, I would love to see them post there instead. Cheers man.
This is the reason I am asking for members to use the report button when you see something out of line. The staff will respond to the reports accordingly.

This is the reason I am asking for members to use the report button when you see something out of line. The staff will respond to the reports accordingly.

Well you can start with Ryan jizzlove, he just signed up today and his only two posts is to attack a thread that's been going on for a couple years that's loved by many and one of the most popular threads on PhantomPilots,that's not a very good way to start your relationship with the community.
After that you can have a talk with blessed77, he had no legitimate reason for joining this thread other than to "goat an emotional response" from the dedicated members of this forum and thread.

Reactions: lolo780 and Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West