Newbie Question - 1st day with P3SF

Reaction score
Figured out how to calibrate my IMU. Thank goodness for youtube!. Anyway, did three auto takeoffs and auto lands in my small backyard. Tomorrow I go to a large church field! Kinda nervous!

My question is: My left stick kinda click locks when pressed in the down position. Is this normal and what is it for?

It's normal.. when the bird is on the ground it shuts off ur bird.. other than that, your bird will descend normally even if you feel the click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured out how to calibrate my IMU.
Did you also calibrate the gimbal and compass?
My question is: My left stick kinda click locks when pressed in the down position. Is this normal and what is it for?
That is one of the two ways to shut off the motors.
If you haven't already, I suggest you download the manual and read it several times.
Welcome and happy flying!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Figured out how to calibrate my IMU. Thank goodness for youtube!. Anyway, did three auto takeoffs and auto lands in my small backyard. Tomorrow I go to a large church field! Kinda nervous!

Welcome to the Forum!

IMU, don't bother with the refrigerator part.
IMU Calibration

Compass
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

I use left stick lock sometimes so I can tell it to come down, than at the same time use the right stick to move it where I want it to land.

When I land I bring it down slowly, when it touches down I hold the left button down until the props turn off.

I wouldn't recommend to lock it down until it lands.

RTH is very important, bad things can happen.

Best Method to RTH?

Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Rod

BTW, Don't Panic, as soon as you think you have got it mastered, is when you fail. :eek:

:)

My left stick kinda click locks when pressed in the down position. Is this normal
Yes, that's how the P3S remote controller is designed to work. If you don't want the throttle to lock in place, you can easily remove the lock like this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl