Am I F'd? 1st day, slow landing on grass, disaster!

Hi guys

Just a quick update.
I completed a submission to Dept of Fair Trading (DFT) and the DFT is in talks with the director of the reseller I bought it from. Apparently the buck stops with the reseller and they can be ordered to replace/repair the item. If then the resller isn't compensated by DJI for their loss, then it becomes a legal dispute between reseller and DJI and has nothing to do with me.
I will hopefully hear from the DFT next week.

cheers!
Tim
Good luck! Sorry it has come to this! Very unnecessary! :eek:

Thanks GG.

I won't lie, this has really turned me off the whole drone thing and has me thinking about selling it. I have a very sour taste in my mouth.

I've read this entire thread and sympathize with the 'CSC on landing issue'. I admit to having done it that way back in my early days (last year). Now I just use the Left Stick Down method.
My question is this. When the heck would CSC be necessary? Do it and your bird is down! Would it be because it is flying away or into danger and there is nothing else working? Is it to save someone, something from possible harm from your whirling blades? Whatever the reason is, it must be danger to life, otherwise you have just decided to crash.

Flyboy707 - I am sorry that you are still waiting to hear on this issue.

Like I said before, the day my P3P crashes I am done with DJI and their broken customer care / warranty. I have an Autel X-Star Premium and I love flying it.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks GG.

I won't lie, this has really turned me off the whole drone thing and has me thinking about selling it. I have a very sour taste in my mouth.
We don't have a DFT to turn to (at least one that would do any good) here in the U.S., so I had to be my own advocate to get what I needed from DJI. Fortunately, I am pretty good at that sort of thing. However, please don't let bad customer service prevent you from enjoying DJI products. They still make the very best consumer drones. Once I learned the underlying causes of the 2 warranty crashes I had, I made sure to meticulously avoid them! You now know not to ever use CSC, unless you want to crash. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. :cool:

Reactions: Flyboy707
Thanks GG.

DJI's response to this is inexcusable. The real issue is that this behavior on tip-over is an engineering flaw. I have another bird that handles this situation correctly. When not flying the P3P I like to get out in an open field and fly my Blade Chroma for mild aerobatic fun. Yesterday I landed on very mushy turf and it tipped over. I clenched my teeth waiting for the screeching, smoking motor(s). That didn't happen. The motors immediately stopped when the first prop hit the ground - no damage. It then started slowly beeping - another feature to help find it in a crash.

Why can't a large, successful company like DJI do something like this?

Sad, DJI should rework manual...
I've been hand catching since I was a wee little lad. [emoji848]

I hope you get satisfaction

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
Hi guys

Just heard from the DFT. The director of the reseller apparently reviewed the case again and is of the same opinion as DJI. He also mentioned where I landed (grass as opposed to a flat surface) was also a contributor.
Very disappointed.
I am pursuing this further.

Hi guys

Just heard from the DFT. The director of the reseller apparently reviewed the case again and is of the same opinion as DJI. He also mentioned where I landed (grass as opposed to a flat surface) was also a contributor.
Very disappointed.
don't let it go stay on them

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hi guys

This is the deal.

Apparently the court hearing will be 600kms away. I could attend by phone but they discourage it. I will spend more in fuel and accommodation than the repair is worth. I am also a single father and have commitments to my kids.
I can buy a shell and a motor for AUD$130. The reseller wants to charge me $400 for a shell, motor and labour.

This is my plan. I really want to take them up on this out of principle, but I do not have the time nor money. I will spend extra on accommodation and fuel for possible no change in result - depending on the judge I get.
I will buy the shell and motor and repair it myself - to hell with their warranty.

I will do the best with what I have, but when it gets outdated, I won't be buying DJI again. This hasn't been fun.

cheers
Flyboy

It is time for DJI to redesign their landing gear. Still the same as the old P1.

Hi guys

Very disappointed.
Well I hope you do peruse it!
Does this guy understand that the CSC command is so difficult to articulate on the ground as to be a hazard? The command is flawed for landing purposes, pure and simple! And DJI knows it, they just don't want to change it as that will mean we are correct and people will come out of the woodwork making claims!
Why else would they change it on the P4 if it works so great?

For the heck of it look at your camera when you use CSC to start your motors. See how often the camera moves before the motors start up! No biggy on startup, but when on the ground two motors are going to spin up and tip the bird.
CSC WHEN LANDING IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN, THE DESIGN IS FLAWED PERIOD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers