New Firmware released V01.02.0304

After firmware upgrade some of my basic settings were reset. one being RTH altitude. When I entered 153 meters or 500 foot I got a warning pop up telling me that reverse tracking does not work over 120 meters and would not allow any setting above 120 meters. Is that new? Don't recall seeing that before.

Reactions: maseman88
After firmware upgrade some of my basic settings were reset. one being RTH altitude. When I entered 153 meters or 500 foot I got a warning pop up telling me that reverse tracking does not work over 120 meters and would not allow any setting above 120 meters. Is that new? Don't recall seeing that before.

I had this on the last update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's easy to do through the app without cables or computers

Yeah I did that a month ago, but today there appeared to be a difference in the way Assistant 2 noticed the batteries needing update and the Go4 app method perhaps not. Was wondering if Assistant 2 could update the RC in case there was an update that the RC needed but the Go4 app didn't know about.

Brian

More testing and I couldn't get any gimbal twitching in P-GPS mode and just a tiny hint once in Sport mode.
no strong wind warning but I saw a message about Attitude too bug - exit forward/backward object avoidance a few times.
A nice feature is that it doesn't need changing to 2.4GHz each time but still doesn't hold AEB shooting and goes back to single shot.
But all up the Phantom flies perfectly

Phantom's changing some settings after a firmware update has been around since before the Phantom 3. Totally normal.

Yah I always use the DJI Assistant 2 app for firmware updates too, seems to work ;)

Just got the bird, 3 batteries (that all stated firmware incompatibility & requested update when connecting to DJI Assistant 2 app as intended) just now. New firmware announcement came out during this morning's flight so hoping to get in the sky on it later this week! Everyone let us know how it goes with the update/bug fixes!
None of my 5 batteries needed upgrading, using all new High Capacity.

I had to upgrade my 'extra' batteries also, but not the one I used during the upgrade of the P4P. 1 High Capacity and 2 Regular. Using iOS.

Its a good idea to revisit all settings including everything from IMU callibration to RTH.

Good Point. I too updated my firmware and re-calibrated everything and checked all my settings.

I'm wondering if I should do an IMU update after this update? I have never had to do one on my bird period yet. Any suggestions on why or why not do an IMU calibrate? I've heard it both ways. LOL And def revisit all settings after this last update because everything is set back to default!

I'm wondering if I should do an IMU update after this update? I have never had to do one on my bird period yet. Any suggestions on why or why not do an IMU calibrate? I've heard it both ways. LOL And def revisit all settings after this last update because everything is set back to default!
Check the Sensor State display. If all values are low and in the green then you are good to go, if any odd values or yellow readings I would calibrate.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

It is recommended only to do the IMU if you find you have bad readings or issues in flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka