Phantom 4 pro new firmware v.01.03.0418 - 7 of March, 2017

Reaction score
DJI released the new firmware a couple of days ago, with new features and some problems.
The new features that I found out are:
1. Better D-LOG color profile with more dynamic range
2. The ISO now is locked permanately at 500 when you use D-LOG color profile, so you have to use ND filters to expose correctly during daylight.
3. There is a new button in the app next to the Auto Focus that changes the color of the screen to none, even when you use D-LOG, in order to have brighter views in light conditions while the file in SD Card is written with the color profile you have choosen (D-LOG, etc)
4. Continues auto focus! So you dont need to tap to focus everytime!
5. The ART color profile is BACK again, like in the Phantom 4.
6. They changed the names of the other color profiles.
7. They updated the No Fly Zone Database
8. A new feature: Lock Gimbal during capture???
I dont know what is its use... any ideas? Maybe it stops the small moves of the gimbal when you capture pictures, especially during timelapses, but what happens when you capture video? You have to disable it?

Well, here are the problems that have to do with third party apps like Litchi and AutoPilot.

I received emails from both:

LITCHI
Dear Litchi Pilots,
There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
The Litchi Team

AUTOPILOT
Current Issues
There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.
* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

We will send out another correspondence when this issue has been resolved.
Thanks for your understanding!
The Hangar Team

Any info about other new features?

DJI released the new firmware a couple of days ago, with new features and some problems.
2. The ISO now is locked permanately at 500 when you use D-LOG color profile, so you have to use ND filters to expose correctly during daylight.
3. There is a new button in the app next to the Auto Focus that changes the color of the screen to none, even when you use D-LOG, in order to have brighter views in light conditions while the file in SD Card is written with the color profile you have choosen (D-LOG, etc)
I dont know what is its use... any ideas? Maybe it stops the small moves of the gimbal when you capture pictures, especially during timelapses, but what happens when you capture video? You have to disable it?

Well, here are the problems that have to do with third party apps like Litchi and AutoPilot.

LITCHI
Dear Litchi Pilots,
There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
The Litchi Team

AUTOPILOT
Current Issues
There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.
* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

The Hangar Team

Wow! I did not know they added a button that makes your ipad screen look like a none profile but still records in D-log on the card. Thx for that tip. This is huge imo as it is a lot harder to see screen in D-log mode! Harder to make out trees with no leaves for sure. LOL

Reactions: Mindflights
Wow! I did not know they added a button that makes your ipad screen look like a none profile but still records in D-log on the card. Thx for that tip. This is huge imo as it is a lot harder to see screen in D-log mode! Harder to make out trees with no leaves for sure. LOL
Yes they did it!

I'd made the recommendation a couple months back to have DJI 'display' the raw video feed before d-log compression and it looks like they may have done just that. I wonder if the histogram has also been modified to provide the values before d-log compression.

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog
To see the "Lock Gimbal" working try this: take a picture with a low shutter speed (8 seconds) and try to yaw the aircraft while the shutter is open.
With the "Lock Gimbal" enabled the camera will try to keep pointing the same direction (limited to the gimbal yaw capabilities) until the shutter closing. Otherwise it will follow the aircraft movement. At least this is what I noticed on my P4P. ;)

Cannot see the button to change screen brightness. Has it been implemented on Android or only on IOS ?

Re the new d-log, is it better ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LITCHI
Dear Litchi Pilots,
The Litchi Team

AUTOPILOT
Current Issues

The Hangar Team

Updated to latest firmware on RC and craft, but I have NOT been able to have my Phantom 4 Pro Plus work reliably well with PRECISION LANDING, My Mavic pro works every time and is quite impressive. I have tried auto take off - hover at all sorts of altitude for 1 minute or so and still lands like the regular Phantom 4 on RTH (within 3-5 meters of Home. Any Ideas??

If you use the DJI assistant on your computer there is an option to calibrate the visual sensors, that may help

Updated to latest firmware on RC and craft, but I have NOT been able to have my Phantom 4 Pro Plus work reliably well with PRECISION LANDING, My Mavic pro works every time and is quite impressive. I have tried auto take off - hover at all sorts of altitude for 1 minute or so and still lands like the regular Phantom 4 on RTH (within 3-5 meters of Home. Any Ideas??

Is anyone else seeing that the option to switch between 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz has gone missing in this latest update?

EDIT: I think I may have been looking at the settings when not connected to the Phantom fully. Flew briefly today & the option was available.....sorry for causing panic :)

Last edited:
I'm flying P3A and I usually need to use D-Log to reduce contrast if I am to make anything out on the monitor during flight on a bright day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen