New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro (16/12/09)!

Zzz

Reaction score
What’s New?

- Fixed an issue of some settings not being reset after resetting camera settings.

- Fixed color deviations when shooting at a high ISO value.

- Fixed a rare issue where a black image is saved instead of a photo.

- Fixed an occasional IMU calibration failure issue for the aircraft.

- Reduced aircraft vibration during light-throttle take-off.

_____

Post your thoughts and experience with the new firmware here.

Let us know if it fixed your IMU calibration problems and whether you think it actually fixed the issue or just masked/ignored it.

Rumor has it that the HDMI module now working with the new firmware. Will try mine again shortly

EDIT: Confirmed.. The HDMI module works with the new firmware!

Last edited:
Good...you test and let us know what happens...
Confirmed, the HDMI module works with the new firmware!! Installed it, and it prompted me to upgrade the remote firmware again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricphoto
No fix for wind problem...
I had the wind warning pop up twice today in about a 10-14mph wind. It went off within 5-10 sec both times. Never ever had a warning on my reg P4 ever. And I flew in almost 30 a couple of times. I'm sure it'll be addressed asap.

Confirmed, the HDMI module works with the new firmware!! Installed it, and it prompted me to upgrade the remote firmware again.
Good to know...Thank you Sir...But I think I'll fly a few days with the new update before introducing yet another variable ;-)

OK, just received my new (replacement) P4P and have updated the AC firmware to the latest, but when I check it doesn't say I need RC firmware. I'm wondering if I need to do something different to update the RC. I checked from the Go 4 app and it says "Latest Firmware!" -- is there some other way to check and/or update? The user manual says to use the Go 4 app or, if you have the P4P+, to download and use a uSD card.

Brian

OK, just received my new (replacement) P4P and have updated the AC firmware to the latest, but when I check it doesn't say I need RC firmware. I'm wondering if I need to do something different to update the RC. I checked from the Go 4 app and it says "Latest Firmware!" -- is there some other way to check and/or update? The user manual says to use the Go 4 app or, if you have the P4P+, to download and use a uSD card.
Just use the DJI Assistant 2 PC application and connect it to the P4P via USB (with the controller turned on an linked to the P4P via the normal radio channel.) When performing the update the P4P, controller, and battery (if update is available) will all be updated together.

Edit: Oops, I think I provided bad info above. My controller displayed 'Updating' during the firmware update but I now think that it was just advising me that the P4P was currently updating and not available, not that the controller itself was updating. If you want to update the controller go to: DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and then scroll down to the firmware update area and follow the instructions. Basically you download the update and place it on an SD card that you then insert into the controller.

Another Edit: The controller update is for the P4P+ only, not the P4P.

Last edited:
Just use the DJI Assistant 2 PC application and connect it to the P4P via USB (with the controller turned on an linked to the P4P via the normal radio channel.) When performing the update the P4P, controller, and battery (if update is available) will all be updated together.

Ah, good to know...

Sadly the battery in my tablet just died and I need to recharge before attempting the RC update.

Brian

I updated mine about 30 min ago totally from the Go App. First the update for the bird is downloaded and then it ask you to plug the bird into your Ipad or Android and then it will update the bird. When thats done it now informs that you have the controller update to go through and download and then hit update. Then I think you had to restart the craft and/or maybe the controller. But it went through without issue at all.

Edit: Oops, I think I provided bad info above. My controller displayed 'Updating' during the firmware update but I now think that it was just advising me that the P4P was currently updating and not available, not that the controller itself was updating. If you want to update the controller go to: DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and then scroll down to the firmware update area and follow the instructions. Basically you download the update and place it on an SD card that you then insert into the controller.

As per your edited recommendations ... I do not see firmware for the P4P, only for the P4P+. If you know where they're hiding the firmware for the P4P I'd like to know, but if the P4P+ firmware is also supposed to be used for the P4P it would be nice if they were a bit clearer about it.

Brian

As per your edited recommendations ... I do not see firmware for the P4P, only for the P4P+. If you know where they're hiding the firmware for the P4P I'd like to know, but if the P4P+ firmware is also supposed to be used for the P4P it would be nice if they were a bit clearer about it.
Yes, to add to all the confusion there is a firmware update for the P4P/P4P+ aircraft (which you can perform via the DJI Assistant 2 PC app) and also a controller update for the P4P+ only (as indicated on the firmware download page.) The P4P+ controller update appears to be a new Android image for the screen unit so not applicable to the P4P.

Yeah, what would be nice is a more complete firmware listing where they list the current firmware version and date for each subsystem that has updateable firmware. And, when there are more than one model they need to list it by model as well. Guessing is just stupid -- do they not have smart people in marketing that understand this or is this whatever the engineers think is necessary -- heaven forbid if the latter...

Briaa

Yeah, what would be nice is a more complete firmware listing where they list the current firmware version and date for each subsystem that has updateable firmware. And, when there are more than one model they need to list it by model as well. Guessing is just stupid -- do they not have smart people in marketing that understand this or is this whatever the engineers think is necessary -- heaven forbid if the latter...
I agree the process is unnecessarily confusing with no single unified list of what's what and differing methods of updating different hardware. Once you figure out the DJI mindset then it becomes clearer, but that's not something new purchasers should have to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik